Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 09-12-2022, 07:00 AM
Guide

Lightbulb Chess and tarot

There is a close link between chess and tarot. It is possible that chess is derived from tarot. Chess is usually thought of as a game of struggle and warfare. But it is actually a game of love and peace. Chess is ruled by a goddess, Cassia, the Queen of chess. She shows up in the tarot cards as the Queen of Cups.

The Queen of chess and the Queen of Cups are both aspects of Mary Magdalene, the bride Christ who is the female equivalent and equal to Christ.

For me both chess and tarot are actually systems to facilitate meditation and to facilitate communication with angels. They are both used for divination and to play games. But these are not the true function of chess and tarot.

Each square of the chess board can be associated with a symbol that can be meditated on. It is helpful and fun to use your own psychic powers to pick your own symbols to match each square of the board. The 64 squares of the chess board are related to the I Ching.

Chess, like tarot, tells the story of the game of life. You can win the game of life by allowing the holy Spirit to guide you. God invented chess, like she or he invented tarot, to help us tune in to Spirit.

Ultimately chess, tarot, God and Spirit etc are all aspects of you. You are the god. You are the spirit. You are chess/tarot.

Last edited by charly233 : 09-12-2022 at 01:49 PM.
Old 24-12-2022, 07:31 AM
Master
Thank you for sharing that information with anybody on here because I love my tablet card has anybody on here knows I am at tarot card reading I've learnt a lot in my class how to tell apart even better but I'm done but I taught myself before my class records tarot cards but I am pleased I went information now even though I don't play tennis

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 24-12-2022, 08:16 AM
Guide

I thought I might add some correspondences between chess and tarot:

Kings, Queens and Knights appear in both chess and tarot. Rooks or Castles are the Tower. Bishops are the Hierophant. And pawns are the pip cards of the minor arcana.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
There is a close link between chess and tarot. It is possible that chess is derived from tarot. Chess is usually thought of as a game of struggle and warfare. But it is actually a game of love and peace. Chess is ruled by a goddess, Cassia, the Queen of chess. She shows up in the tarot cards as the Queen of Cups.

The Queen of chess and the Queen of Cups are both aspects of Mary Magdalene, the bride Christ who is the female equivalent and equal to Christ.

For me both chess and tarot are actually systems to facilitate meditation and to facilitate communication with angels. They are both used for divination and to play games. But these are not the true function of chess and tarot.

Each square of the chess board can be associated with a symbol that can be meditated on. It is helpful and fun to use your own psychic powers to pick your own symbols to match each square of the board. The 64 squares of the chess board are related to the I Ching.

Chess, like tarot, tells the story of the game of life. You can win the game of life by allowing the holy Spirit to guide you. God invented chess, like she or he invented tarot, to help us tune in to Spirit.

Ultimately chess, tarot, God and Spirit etc are all aspects of you. You are the god. You are the spirit. You are chess/tarot.

I'm not sure where you get your information from. Chess was invented centuries before Tarot. Chess certainly didn't derive from Tarot and there is no link between the two.

If you have evidence otherwise, please supply it.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:24 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
I'm not sure where you get your information from. Chess was invented centuries before Tarot. Chess certainly didn't derive from Tarot and there is no link between the two.

If you have evidence otherwise, please supply it.

My feeling is that there is a link and my feeling is that Tarot is even more ancient than chess. This is based on my understanding of the archetypes involved.

You obviously have different feelings and thoughts about the subject. And that is fine. I have no arguement with this.

I have no evidence to back up my feeling. Most of the available evidence supports your view. I am aware of that. But nevertheless I trust my feelings and intuition.

You are free to believe whatsoever you want to believe.
Old 06-01-2023, 02:48 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
my feeling is that Tarot is even more ancient than chess.

I have been thinking about this and I am not sure if my feeling is correct. Maybe it is the other way around. Maybe the Tarot is derived from chess. I'm not sure.

Maybe they are both derived from some even earlier system of knowledge.

I do however still feel there is a link between chess and Tarot. They are both vehicals for the transmission of divine wisdom. They were both invented by God or the Goddess to help us to tune into the Holy Spirit.