Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 17-02-2023, 03:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Hi Joe.
Have had a listen and the new young group Fontaines DC , very good. Remind me a bit of Oasis .And Ahhhh that's so sad about Christy being in end of life care .Terribly sad. I see that tragically he lost his young nephew Christopher , aged 27 too.

Yep Fontaines DC, they do sound a bit like oasis, a decent bit of negativity and flatness in their music which I like but I'm not a major fan or anything ..
will be interesting to see where they go. Poor Christy, he has had a very interesting life so far. I would say he wasn't meant
to hit huge stardom but nevertheless he has done ok for himself and is a legend in Dublin. I didn't hear about his nephew. Christy recovered
from heroin addiction and always kept his feet firmly on the ground ..Bono on the other hand lol ..just joking ..Bono has paid
Christy a few visits in his home as they started out together around the same time. Thanks for the feedback hope you are well.

__________________________________________________ __________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 18-02-2023, 06:13 AM
Master

Terribly sad situation Joe.
LOL... Yes that bono chap !! ( Aka YOU heehee ! ..)
Overcoming any addiction is so very difficult. You only have to look at the muck I made of my own life with my addition to realise that !
Yes, sad also about Christopher. He died suddenly this year from a suspected heart attack. So it's only very recent.
The family are certainly going through a bad time.
Old 18-02-2023, 08:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Terribly sad situation Joe. LOL... Yes that bono chap !! ( Aka YOU heehee ! ..)Overcoming any addiction is so very difficult. You only have to look at the muck I made of my own life with my addition to realise that !Yes, sad also about Christopher. He died suddenly this year from a suspected heart attack. So it's only very recent.The family are certainly going through a bad time.

Yes that is sad news for the family indeed. Therese his mother was in my house a couple of times, she hung around with my younger sister, my sister never said, must mention it to her. On a positive note my niece gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Thursday, 10 lbs a fine baby !!! Delighted for her !
I've struggled with addiction myself, only those who have kinda know, please don't get the violins out, im alright now, makes you realise that human beings have deep compassion below the surface, well it made me realise at least. Hoping all is well. Joe.

__________________________________________________ ________

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 18-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Master

JOE.. I believe it was Kiera , Christy's daughter that broke the news about Christopher.
Keira is a beautiful young woman !! And a musician too I believe..

Oh definitely.... ""Do not judge me until you have walked a mile in my shoes"".....
And in short that's the truth of it .....
Oh don't worry , I WONT be getting the violins out petal for one simple reason.... I can't play a single note on any single instrument ( unless you count a triangle ? LOL )...
That's your job, you're the musician , so you can do me the honour of getting the violins out and playing them for me...
I could do with a bit of pampering. Nothing maudling though !!!
Can't be doing with all that depressing Morrissey stuff or I chuck myself off Humber bridge quick sharp LOLOL....
( My hubby and eldest LOVE him and seen him several times in concert.. These are the Dylan fans )....

And lastly , CONGRATULATIONS On the birth of your beautiful little grand-niece ... How lovely
( I say little but 10 lb !!!! Ouch !.... God love her )....
Old 19-02-2023, 08:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Oh don't worry , I WONT be getting the violins out petal for one simple reason.... I can't play a single note on any single instrument ( unless you count a triangle ? LOL )...That's your job, you're the musician , so you can do me the honour of getting the violins out and playing them for me...I could do with a bit of pampering. Nothing maudling though !!!Can't be doing with all that depressing Morrissey stuff or I chuck myself off Humber bridge quick sharp LOLOL....( My hubby and eldest LOVE him and seen him several times in concert.. These are the Dylan fans )....

My first song will be Everyday is like Sunday !!!! lol one of my all time favourites followed by Hector was the first of the gang Oh yes I am a
Morrisey fan so prepare for some deep maudling stuff. Your hubby and eldest
have great taste unlike alot of people Thanks for the congrats on the baby, a big baby no doubt but all doing fine so can't ask for more.
Christy is not far from our thoughts, God bless him. So now lets sit back and enjoy a Mancunian rendition of one of the greatest songs of all time !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6WEeM7dqLQ

And if you think you can handle it, Hector was the first of the gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjBCK6wOxJo

__________________________________________________ ________

Old 20-02-2023, 05:45 AM
Master

Noooooo JOE . I can't do it !!!!!!!
LOL but it comes as no major surprise that you love Morrissey too.
Anyway, must dash.
It's a nice morning for a ( erm) walk across the Humber.......
Old 20-02-2023, 08:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Noooooo JOE . I can't do it !!!!!!!
LOL but it comes as no major surprise that you love Morrissey too.
Anyway, must dash. It's a nice morning for a ( erm) walk across the Humber.......

Morrisey is a bit marmite alright, loathe or love him. Enjoy your walk and
appreciation of a nice morning, weather is mild atm.

__________________________________________________ _____

Old 20-02-2023, 08:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Morrisey is a bit marmite alright, loathe or love him. Enjoy your walk and
appreciation of a nice morning, weather is mild atm.

__________________________________________________ _____
Yeah... I'm talking bout the Humber Bridge !!!
Hmmmmmmmmm......
And to be honest I LOVE marmite.
Let's just say I can eat it on toast but couldn't eat a full jar with a spoon in one sitting.....

Keep meaning to ask you, what musical instruments can/ do you play ??
Old 20-02-2023, 10:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Yeah... I'm talking bout the Humber Bridge !!!
Hmmmmmmmmm......And to be honest I LOVE marmite.
Let's just say I can eat it on toast but couldn't eat a full jar with a spoon in one sitting.....Keep meaning to ask you, what musical instruments can/ do you play ??

I've always liked marmite on toast that's for sure ! I play the guitar, I've learned a few chords on the piano, the piano is incredible.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Old 20-02-2023, 01:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I've always liked marmite on toast that's for sure ! I play the guitar, I've learned a few chords on the piano, the piano is incredible.

__________________________________________________ ___________
I've always "visualised " you as a guitarist !!

Oh but I love piano music. It's beautiful to listen to , but I've become somewhat obsessed with watching it being played . Seeing the hands move across the keys so skillfully is wonderful to witness.
My husband bought me a keyboard a few years ago and I taught myself to play "my immortal" and "o holy night" ( with 2 hands).
It tools me weeks and weeks and I've forgotten how to play them now .
I didn't learn the keys and chords . I stuck little numbers on each key and wrote my own music sheet using numbers LOL..
But even then it was hesitant and painful to listen to !!!
And as if the fact that my fingers are not nimble or co-ordinated enough I can't sing a single note either. My voice is beyond dreadful .
Bit cruel really when I love music so much