Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 11-02-2023, 08:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Donavan was brilliant in his own right , but stood in the shadow of Dylan.
Bit like Matt Monro....
Beautiful voice ( born free haunts me to this day )
But up against Elvis and the other greats .
Donavan and Monro never reached the status they deserved as far as I'm concerned.

Right, yes Donavan is a great folk singer, they said that his song Rambling
Boy...sounded too much like it Ain't me Babe by Dylan but I think it's a marvelous song in it's own right ..Donavan had brilliant songs. Anyway folk music like all music is derivative, Dylan took from all other forms of Folk music and blues too, some disguise it better or it blends better. Some of Oasis' stuff is so Beatlesque like that it's obvious but it's good.

Rambling Boy Donavan - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuuM9Qxunuo

As for Matt Monro you are 100 percent correct. Not that I know his singing that well but according to my father who is a fantastic singer himself, Monro is the best of the best. So straight from the horses mouth, correct.:)

Defintely gonna check out that busker, thanks for the heads up. :)

__________________________________________________ ________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 11-02-2023, 08:33 AM
Master

That's ok Joe, check em out ( Jonny walker and Jake Bugg ), but as we go round full circle nothing ever changes ....
All of the greats will still keep coming around ....
Your dad has good taste. Knew his stuff !!
Like father like son I feel !!!
Old 11-02-2023, 09:48 AM
Master

Quote:
That's ok Joe, check em out ( Jonny walker and Jake Bugg ), but as we go round full circle nothing ever changes ....
All of the greats will still keep coming around ....
Your dad has good taste. Knew his stuff !!
Like father like son I feel !!!

Car radio again the other day and this time, it was the a tune from the film Brassed Off .. Very nice indeed, I wouldn't have known only for the presenter said so,
I must listen to few more tunes from that film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8hIc7DpuE

And another version let's say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8-3lhTT9WI

Enjoy !

__________________________________________________ _

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 11-02-2023, 01:19 PM
Master
What most people today think is music is not music in the true sense. It's produced in a wholesale manner by people acting like musicians, fooling both themselves and all the people who fall for it. Because they are tricked and untruthful, the moral impact of the art on culture is degenerate.

In my university arts degree, the consensus was that authenticity itself isn't real. I argued that authenticity is the moment in which the artist ceases to perform, and the magic is when the artist disappears into an expression in itself, but I also understood then that the whole notion of honesty, the expression of the truth, is an existential threat to the post-modern institution's foundational principle of an invented identity - that has left nature for the fabrication of its own delusions.

The artist Ritchie Blackmore decoded it when he said, The most important thing about being a rock star is being 100% authentic. If you can fake that, you'll make it.

It hasn't reached its inevitable conclusion yet. There is still much further to fall. The next generation and the one following that will be swamped by the AI compositions of soulless machines. A function without awareness representing a soulless culture. People who master the code will become very rich and be considered musical geniuses, no less, by mindlessly consuming drones that say they love the beat. 'Love'. That's what they'll say.

However, at the this point of decay where art creates culture and culture creates art, there is a bright ray of optimism. The kids are learning to play, and today's talent is amazing; more brilliant than the talent of my own pre-computation era. Some of them will live in spite of the all consuming void that will claim most of their souls.

Even when humanity becomes all-but-lost in the appearance behind which there absolutely nothing - at all - the last glimmer of soulfulness will ignite a spark, and even those who are completely immersed in wholesale collective delusion, will awaken to the sound of the truth.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:34 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
....from the film Brassed Off ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8hIc7DpuE
And another version let's say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8-3lhTT9WI
OK that's it, I have to see the movie --ha, such a young Ewan McGregor, 1996
THANK YOU, Joe!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-02-2023, 08:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
OK that's it, I have to see the movie --ha, such a young Ewan McGregor, 1996
THANK YOU, Joe!
Your welcome Miss H, yes he is a mere youngster in that film, pretty good film
from what I remember, hope you enjoy.

__________________________________________________ _______

Old 15-02-2023, 11:10 AM
Master

Hi Joe... Miss H.

And here I go again..
Oh my goodness!!!!
And that is beautiful music from the brass band .
Even just the music would be lovely , but couple it with the film, based on true events , then it becomes even more poignant.
I grew up in a small mining village.
We lived under the reign of "she " that still cannot be mentioned and I can remember, as clear as if it was yesterday , the terrible times and troubles which were the miners strikes.
I think in real terms, in order to fully appreciate that film you had to have "been there "......
Old 17-02-2023, 05:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Hi Joe... Miss H.

We lived under the reign of "she " that still cannot be mentioned and I can remember, as clear as if it was yesterday , the terrible times and troubles which were the miners strikes. I think in real terms, in order to fully appreciate that film you had to have "been there "......

Hi AngelBlue, sorry I just saw your post. They were hard times as you say, I always remember collections on the streets of Dublin for the strikers, strange days indeed.
Those bands have a great sound they would lull you into a deep tranquility. Thank you for sharing those two musicians, Jonny walker and Jake Bugg,very talented and individualistic, surprised I never heard of the young chap Jake Bugg, good raw energy especially when he was starting out.

Here is a new band from Dublin, Fontaines DC , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXvdYSMXFN4

Aslan, Christy Dignam ....Crazy World, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dggZWjo9CA
Christy is having end of life care atm at home, been sick for a good few years God Bless him...i grew up with him, same area.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

Old 17-02-2023, 07:13 AM
Master

Hi Joe, and a good day to you.
Oh I cant even begin to tell you how strong the vibe, the music , the atmosphere was seeing Jake Bugg live touring after his first album. I can only describe it as tripping. Never have I ever been so "drawn " into music like that before.
He's AMAZING . Writes all his own stuff . Bit I feel he's not going to reach the dizzy heights of fame that he so deserves. And why would he ?
Because he wasn't manufactured at short notice on a music show. And don't get me wrong, there is a LOT of talent on those shows , but Jake has done it the old fashioned way !!!!
Joe, I'll tune in to the links later on and get back to you.
Old 17-02-2023, 02:43 PM
Master

Hi Joe.
Have had a listen and the new young group Fontaines DC , very good. Remind me a bit of Oasis .

And Ahhhh that's so sad about Christy being in end of life care .
Terribly sad.
I see that tragically he lost his young nephew Christopher , aged 27 too.