Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-10-2023, 10:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Red face Advice on overcoming fear of death?

I was wondering how did you overcome your fear of death or what makes you not afraid of it?
Old 16-10-2023, 01:41 PM
Well, when you've listened to or read 100 NDEs...that certainly helps!!

(Near death exps)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-10-2023, 03:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, when you've listened to or read 100 NDEs...that certainly helps!!

(Near death exps)

Yes, NDEs have always been very soothing for me when it comes to the afterlife. It's the way there that I'm struggling with..the discomfort of dying...failing to be able to catch my breath..

Death just creeps me out and I'm trying to conquer the fear of the process.
Old 16-10-2023, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthewindblows
Death just creeps me out and I'm trying to conquer the fear of the process.
Oh, I get it.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-10-2023, 07:44 PM
Administrator
I Am a medium I am also a counselor and have always worked with people in a caring capacity,
I don't know how many times I have been told by people they are scared to die
There is nothing to be afraid off.
as Miss Hepburn has said reading about NDE will help you

Death is a part of Life you cant have one without the other.
we all come from spirit and we all go back to spirit
Try meditating it will help you.

Namaste
Old 16-10-2023, 08:09 PM
Newbie ;)

I am in agreement with meditating. Over the past year, I have formulated a couple different meditation exercises that focus on death / connection / unity.

Yes, reading about NDEs absolutely helps. At the end of 2012 I flat lined due to a seizure and returned on my own. When I came to, the doctors were preparing the paddles.

One of my Professors is really involved in death studies and thanatology. She helped to create a documentary about it, called "Death Makes Life Possible".

Some websites have it available for free. I know it is also available on Amazon. During my course on Death and the Afterlife, we had free access.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I Am a medium I am also a counselor and have always worked with people in a caring capacity,
I don't know how many times I have been told by people they are scared to die
There is nothing to be afraid off.
as Miss Hepburn has said reading about NDE will help you.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 17-10-2023 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 16-10-2023, 11:46 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I was wondering how did you overcome your fear of death or what makes you not afraid of it?

The part that is afraid of death is the personality self or as we often call it, the ego. The ego is afraid of the unknown.

If I wanted to overcome the fear of death, I would focus on the fear of the unknown rather than death.
Old 17-10-2023, 12:40 AM
Reminder to all: The Admin has asked us when quoting other members to just quote 2-3 sentences.

Old 17-10-2023, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Its’ really very simple; fear is always about what may happen next. It is a reaction to a perceived threat. Death is not a threat; it is as natural as birth. The best way I have found to defeat fear is to actually live in the moment. Fear does not exist in the moment, rather it exists in what may happen next.

Fear of the unknown is a control issue. In my opinion the only way to defeat death is through spiritual surrender, and it is called by many different names. But to quiet your mind and absorb your self in spirit; letting that guide your life intuitively, is a very comfortable and peaceful existence.

When you actually live in the moment, you are very quiet inside; as it is only our thoughts which keep us attached to time. Understand that billions of people have died before you were born and billions will die after you have died. Death is not personal, although we do feel it subjectively.
Old 17-10-2023, 03:01 PM
Knower

One way I overcame my fear of it was to reframe it.

Instead of saying "when we die" or "when I die", I tend to say "when this body dies" or "when this particular physical incarnation ends", and so on.

Then I went searching for evidence that consciousness survives bodily death, and was shocked with how much is out there. A good place to start would be Jeffry Mishlove's award winning essay on evidence of survival of consciousness after bodily death, where he gives 100 compelling examples from the last 150 years.

Check out the Scole Experiments. They had the Society for Psychical Research (a group of sceptic scientists) follow them for two years testing them rigorously! And they concluded that the bizarre phenomena experienced was absolutely legitimate, and published The Scole Report in 1996, available on Amazon I believe.

If you're worried about those awful final breaths, or perhaps any pain in those final moments, I've heard NDE accounts where they popped out of their body before anything painful occurred, as if their guardian angels pulled them out. For example, one girl said her car rolled but she popped out of her body way before the car stopped rolling. I watched one account where the man said we may witness somebody dying in horrific circumstances, and it may look terrifying from our perspective, but they may not necessarily be in their body at that moment, and may already have stepped to the other side. This makes some sense to me, and I half absorb it into my belief system, to lessen my fear of death (whatever death is).