Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same Sex twin flame27
what are doing on a "spiritual forum
I understand you feel something and think there is a connection that you can feel, but she actually ghosted you and got engaged to someone else. Now you claim she doesn't love the person she said 'yes' to and think it's a PR stunt. I'm just saying sometimes the story we tell ourselves about what we actually experience might turn out to be wrong.

My spirituality is based on the truth and making a distinction between what really happens and what the mind fabricates. It's surprising how much of our lives are controlled by mind's fabrications and how that leads to more misery. Most of us don't make a clear distinction, but if you look closely, the feelings are really there but they don't really imply anything. Affection might be mutual and it might not. If not, it sux, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

If we make fabrications important we become misled by them, and we can tell because holding on makes us more miserable. It comes down to extreme self-honesty. You are alone to discern what's true of yourself and what is for the best. Whatever is untrue is abandoned and what's true has to be accepted. The mind is very tricky, so it's not real clear at first, but you can tease it apart bit by bit and becoming increasing clear.

I trained in meditation under the Buddhist mindfulness/insight/vipassana tradition, so that's my main spiritual influence. I know love as a force of nature from connecting with the source of its great outpouring.

Call me old fashioned if you want (I'm pushing 60 anyway), but marriage implies procreation. Nature works a certain way with a man and woman, and having kids together is a huge thing in their relationship! I'm not against gays getting married, but it's not the same thing as marriage that implies procreation. Very different.
Old 07-12-2023, 03:05 AM
Same Sex twin flame27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I understand you feel something and think there is a connection that you can feel, but she actually ghosted you and got engaged to someone else. Now you claim she doesn't love the person she said 'yes' to and think it's a PR stunt. I'm just saying sometimes the story we tell ourselves about what we actually experience might turn out to be wrong. ..
I know I'm only suppose to quote two sentences, but I can't reply two just two sentences when you have said a bunch of things that is based off of old fashioned beliefs and assumptions. You have no clue who this celebrity is. So...you tell me how you know she's "in love" with her partner? Why do you keep assuming it's a man? And why are you so adamant on insisting that this "connection" was all in my head? When I keep telling you that me and her did connect on that level and that she's not even straight? Once you get unstuck from your old fashioned beliefs, you will have a more clear mind. Marriage isn't just about pro creation. It's about love for the person. In Hollywood, they push that illusion a lot because there's more money involved in it. You're not a guru. Being trained on Buddhism and meditation doesn't make you guru. Let go of those out dated beliefs and get with reality. The woman isn't straight.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:09 AM
Master
Quote:
out dated beliefs and get with reality
Well its up to you to discern between what really happens and what you tell yourself about it.

I'm no spring chicken, but about 30 or 40 years ago I was a modern man. Now I'm old fashioned, and the same thing is going to happen to you.

A couple of generations before me the idea that marriage was for love would seem silly. Men wanted to be good providers and women wanted to look after him and the kids. Women in those days were reliant on men so finding a good provider was front and centre. Most people were getting married and having kids by 23 back then.

By my time that wasn't really a thing anymore because the 'free love' era had new ideas. It was a disaster that amounted to meaningless sex and drug addiction, but we thought we were right and the previous generation was wrong.

When new generation grows up and you're pushing 60, you'll be wrong, too. You'll become invisible and irrelevant just like people my age are now.

Nature has been consistent across all the generations and only our ideas change. The new wave is all about gays, gender benders and their straight allies who are convinced they are right and my generation is wrong, but we started all that back in the 70's. You guys are just running with it. Everything we did was brand new, and you guys didn't really do anything. It seems like you invented all this liberal living, but we did, and we were wrong. Everyone has always been wrong because the reality of nature and what we think nature is are two different things.

We were just more realistic because we had no 'virtual world'. The modern thinker has a problem with biological reality because ideas have detached from nature. Listen to the benders from my generation and they'll tell the true story. Listen to today's TikTok crowd, different story - but over all time it's simply true that men and women are integral to the continuing generations. From there we might have different ideas and suppose marriage is detached from generations, and think we're right, but life keeps on doing things the same way regardless of what anyone things.

Last edited by Gem : 07-12-2023 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:35 AM
Same Sex twin flame27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well its up to you to discern between what really happens and what you tell yourself about it.

OMG. You haven't comprehended anything that I typed. If you want to stay stuck in them old beliefs, that's your choice. What really happened here is that I indeed spoke to this non straight actress who is mediocre and really not that important and I see you are having a hard time digesting this. The sooner you let go, the better off you'll be. I don't know why you hate my generation so much. What have we done to you? Besides show you that love exist in more than one way and not just between and man and a woman?
Old 07-12-2023, 07:10 AM
Master

I have to agree with Gems comments.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:47 AM
Master
Quote:
show you that love exist in more than one way and not just between and man and a woman?
You're kinda putting me in a defensive position, but I'll bite, because I heard you. You felt something for this girl and messaged on line. I don't know if I believe that, but you say it happened, and I'm not arguing.

I follow celebrities, mostly star athletes, and occasionally there's a bit of to and fro in comments, but they are the star and I am the fan. That's the nature of the relationship, and that's how we act.

I think it's weird that you think you've got a shot when you're just a fan like a thousand other fans. It isn't realistic, and even though the rest is irrelevant, since she got engaged, it sure as hell looks like she's going with someone else.

I'm of an age where starlets are way too young and I'm like a groovy old dude or something. Even masters champions are like 25 years my junior. Girls my age aren't exactly little hotties anymore, so now days it's all about grace, refinement and finesse - mostly groovyness.

I understand the young think they are ahead, we all did back on our own day. Your profile says you're 36 - you're no youngster. I was surprised to find out you're a full mature woman because you have the angst of a teenage girl. I though you must be maybe 21 or 22 or something, and little bit immature at that. Just goes to show, what we might think about real things can turn out to be wrong. Often does.
Old 07-12-2023, 10:31 PM
Same Sex twin flame27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You're kinda putting me in a defensive position, but I'll bite, because I heard you. You felt something for this girl and messaged on line. I don't know if I believe that, but you say it happened, and I'm not arguing.

Ok. Why are you getting all defensive about this? You don't like your "beliefs challenged? I don't know why you're trying to gaslight me into thinking that I never spoke to this actress. And you really don't have to believe anything that I said about that because guess what....you wasn't there! lol

"I follow celebrities, mostly star athletes, and occasionally there's a bit of to and fro in comments, but they are the star and I am the fan. That's the nature of the relationship, and that's how we act."

lol Wow. Talk about putting people into a box. Celebrities are just like us. They eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom just like we do. So what you just said makes no kinda sense at all. Who said the relationship between a celebrity and a fan HAS to be that way? Do you know how many celebrities got into relationships with people who aren't celebrities? You know, people like us? It's more common than you think. Some celebrities just don't care about dating people like them.

Why is it so weird to YOU that I might of had a shot? I have never even claimed to be a "fan" of hers. Let's get that straight right now. I don't know why you're calling my encounter "unrealistic" when I was right there talking to her watching her, with my own two eyes now, replying back to me. Even the fans couldn't deny that reality. I guess that's why they were so ugly towards me.

You were so triggered by what I said that you just had to go to my profile to find out what my age was so you can use that to attack me. Well...I can't help that man. If you're triggered you're triggered. I sure wasn't interested at looking at your age on your profile. lol Even though you did say you were pushing 60. Yeah I'm 36. So what. No I'm not a 20 year old youngster anymore, but I am a whole lot more younger than you are. lol And what does my age have to do with this conversation anyway? I challenged your ol' caveman beliefs so I guess that's makes me "immature" and I have an angst of a "teenage girl". Whatever that means. I rather have an angst of a teenager than an angst of a caveman. Teenagers have more energy anyway.

And plus, I spoke to this actress like 10 years ago which makes her irrelevant now. So...I don't see the point in this argument. She's not even an A list actress. I don't know why you're getting your tighty whities in a bunch. It's not that serious dude.

Love and marriage is for everyone. Not just between one man and one woman. This is 2023. Not 1943. God. My 83 year old grandmother doesn't even think like you do. That's says a lot.
Old 07-12-2023, 10:33 PM
Same Sex twin flame27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I have to agree with Gems comments.

You don't have to. You're choosing to.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:08 PM
Administrator
This post is closed

Namaste