Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 27-05-2022, 08:14 AM
Knower

Has anyone worshipped Greek Gods, Norse Gods or Celtic Gods before?

Hi Friends,

Has anyone worshipped Greek Gods (like Athena), Norse Gods (like Frigg) or Celtic Gods (like Brigid) before?

Can these Gods be worshipped using crystal portals?

Can anyone worship these Gods (especially people who are following other Eastern religions)?

Is strict discipline required to worship these Gods (eg celibacy, vegetarianism etc.)?

Thank you.
Old 28-05-2022, 02:53 AM
Master
Hi

I don't know enough to answer all of your questions so please keep that in mind.

Have I worshipped those Deities? I can say that my relationship with Deities is more like teacher/guide and I'm Their student. I've received some guidance from Hades, Hekate, Morrigan and Thor.

Can They be worshipped using crystal portals? I haven't heard of such a thing so can't speak about it.

Can anyone worship Them? Yes, They're not limited by our human standards. You make an altar for Them if you feel guided to do so. Keep in mind that some Deities don't get along with other Deities. Reading about Their myth would help you figure out Who is willing to share altar space with. If They don't share the altar, then you can make two altars if you want.

I haven't come across any strict discipline so I guess that would be up to the individual though you might want to read up on mythology to gain some insight. I haven't made any changes in my diet, etc to be involved with any Deity.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 28-05-2022, 08:35 AM
Seeker

Just know that the gods serve God. There is only one. The gods are the rulers of the elemental forces in creation and answer to God.
Old 03-06-2022, 06:18 AM
Knower

Thank you for your replies friends :)
Old 29-07-2023, 11:16 PM
Pathfinder

I am more Aphrodite and Freya.
Not interested in Athena and Frigg.

Each to their own I suppose

I embrace their nature and their spirit. That is mostly how I worship.
Mine are the independent feminine, the other two are wife/mother spirits I suppose
Old 05-01-2024, 03:23 PM
Master

You worship whoever you want in what form you choose. Geographic location means nothing. Personally I think the gods' powers are partly a function of how many followers they still have and that they are stronger in the places on the map where they have more followers, so if you find an obscure Sumatran god that's never been mentioned the last three millenniums he might not be able to do a lot for you or hear you all that well.

However I also believe that all the gods, including the christian ones, are more like facets of something bigger. Just like us; we are individuals but still just elements of something bigger like humankind. So maybe there is a Godkind. And the gods we name are just human shaped so we can have the faintest hope of understanding or relating to them.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:48 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
You worship whoever you want in what form you choose...
Well said.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2024, 04:54 PM
Knower
I'm just getting into Paganism and learning about the Heathen Gods & Goddesses of the Norse tradition, and I don't belong to a group yet so my worship has been rather experimental so far. Having grown up in a Christian culture it's needed some adjustment to a polytheistic approach.

From my reading so far, the Gods aren't seen as omnipotent like with the monotheistic religions and they don't expect us to be worshipping and praying in such a submissive role. So it's ok not to kneel, bow your head etc but in this tradition "honouring" is synonymous with worshipping and we are expected to play our part and use our potential rather than always deferring to the deities to intervene.

I don't know what a crystal portal is, but there is a wide variety of methods including some magical approaches and people do experiment to find what works for them. If you're using portals I would just make sure you're also setting up protection from unfriendly spirits who may try to piggy back into the portal or ritual.

Many heathen groups and writers would agree that anyone can worship their Gods as long as you're respectful and clear about your intentions. Do you know why you are being drawn to certain Gods and traditions and what your motivations are?

The discipline that I've heard of is only strict if you belong to a group which requires it. Many Pagan groups are pretty flexible and also a lot of Pagans don't belong to a group at all but practice alone as what's called Hedge Witches/Heathens or only have loose affiliations through the internet. But as a general point I've found Pagans to be pro-life and embrace human energies of sexuality, fertility, feasting and drinking etc if done within a moral framework. The Pagan religions are very diverse and you can probably find a tradition which fits with your particular preference; eg if you're looking for one which promotes celibacy and vegetarianism I expect you'll be able to find one but from your post I'm not sure if you want that or not.
Old 31-01-2024, 07:29 AM
Newbie ;)

I work with Freyja, I look after stray cats and she came to me in a dream once and she's been the main deity I venerate since. I believe that all gods are different aspects of the same thing, a bit like Dr Who, different faces of the same thing and you pick the one you relate to most (David Tennant if anyone cares lol)

It's my experience that they don't pay that much attention to us for the most part, but any way to energetically connect to them works as long as it's something you are connected to.

Norse gods are not a closed practise and can be venerated by anyone and I've found the Norse gods in particular to be very easy going and without any strict requirements for worship.