Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 17-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Experiencer
I Origins

Have any of you seen it? Just watched yesterday and I thought it was really touching and interesting. It's about science & faith(can they go along together?), synchs and reincarnation. I don't want to discuss in detail 'cause I want to avoid spoilers so, if anyone has already seen it come here to discuss or if you haven't seen it, go watch and then come back.

A molecular biologist and his laboratory partner uncover evidence that may fundamentally change society as we know it.
I Origins begins when Ian Gray, is researching the evolution of human eyes with Karen and Kenny, in order to prove that eyes have evolved instead of "appeared" as creationists claim. His fascination with eyes takes him into areas that that have profound personal and cultural consequences.

IMDB page for details: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2884206/?ref_=nv_sr_1

trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPuoWzLjhFo

Beware w/the imdb forums if you don't want spoilers.
Old 29-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Guide
OMG YES! :)

This is such a beautiful film, and I loved watching it so much. I really do recommend it and I also love the song 'Dust it off' by 'The Do'.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 27-03-2016, 05:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
OMG YES! :)

This is such a beautiful film, and I loved watching it so much. I really do recommend it and I also love the song 'Dust it off' by 'The Do'.
Sorry for the super late response. But yeah, I really loved this movie and I'm not even a fan of Michael Pitt. I usually avoid his movies, I think I've associated my angry for his character in "Hedwig" to him as an actor. lol

I thought this movie would be more talked over here, considering the whole plot is about synchronicities leading him to meet his maybe twinflame?

I wished to avoid spoilers but I guess I can talk freely about it, maybe more people will be interested in watching it?
---------------------------

So for those curious that happen to read this:

(spoiler ahead)

The lead is a scientist, he's in a party and meets a girl and they're all in costumes so he only sees her eyes. He take a picture of them because his project is about proving he can make blind simple beings, see, evolve(he's trying to prove evolution). So they instantly click, love at first sight and she's a free spirit, wild, spontaneous and have sex w/him. Without him even seeing her face.
Then numbers synchronicities start to happen and he sees a billboard w/her eyes and he tries to find out who worked for the campaign. So he finally finds her and they date and are all happy.
He has a co-work that is into him but keeps her distance, she in the same "science level" as him, meaning they both don't really believe in spirituality. While his girlfriend is really into it and they keep arguing about it. Then something really bad happens.
First forward few years he's married his co-worker but can forget his ex. When his baby is born they do an exam to check his eyes and for some reason they recognize him as a male elder black man. The doctor says it's just a mistake and erase it, placing the baby's name on the file. However they say his kid need some treatment to prevent some problems and they agree to take him to do more tests.
Turns out the tests were to see how his baby reacted to pictures. The scientists couple get suspicious about the research and find out the test pictures are related to the man his boy was recognized as being, by his eyes exam.

So they ask a friend to try to access the database and see if they got other matches and he finds a new match in India. He travels all way there to find this child. When he's almost giving up he meets this little girl.
He does the tests himself but believes it's not enough until he sees her reaction to a trauma trigger and then he knows it's true, "people reincarnate". He opens a door to a whole new way of seeing the world and life. Then we see the original researcher seeing which important figures of human history has already been found in somebody's else eyes.

Simply put, the movie is about a time when everyone gets an eye biometry and then some researchers compare to deceased people and finds matches, meaning that despite being born in different families, w/different races in different places, somehow the eyes would repete themselves in a new body so that people could be found.

So they make a soul bank, I think, that everyone could register their eyes so in the future families could find themselves.

All in all is movie about love and how it can survive beyond death and seeing life in a new way.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:30 PM
I have now seen every film Brit Marling has written, directed or produced
because of seeing her in this film.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru