Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-06-2022, 09:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
The only expression I can think of is "pure presence" and this by itself for me speaks without words the whole experience of no self but I find it hard to convey it to the world.
And this is exactly what/how I think of genuine spirit.

Really, thanks so much for sharing
Old 03-06-2022, 12:06 AM
Master

Quote:
It is for every experience brought a more clearer picture but I still have to move beyond the attempts to figure out who or what I am. I do not even understand this, this way of being, so to say, can't be really described in words that actually convey how it really is. Being aware of being aware is only a glimpse of what it means to experience the no self..
when i read this I thought of the phrase 'born again'.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
However, none could deny that something extraordinary had happened since there was a "miraculous" spontaneous healing (symptom-free despite a 3-day "irreversible" coma) as well as verifiable remote viewing beyond the five senses. Shortly after my NDE, I was very "lucky" to meet a "homeless" black man in NYC who actually turned out to be what I call a "hidden master".
That's what I call an amazing experience, when healing happens, something tangible and incredible and amazing! I've asked for one thing, something tangible that I can also share with the others, not just words and so on, but something concrete and I am slowly getting it. Amazing NDE, when I was sick I had an OBE where I saw my physical body on the hospital bed and I hovering over it. I saw a lady pouring oil over my head and when I woke up I knew that I am going to be just fine, I was back to in good spirit.

That's really amazing, I've been asking for a master for months, someone that really knows and really knows. You were really blessed and privileged to meet someone like that, I know, there's always something about these people, something that you can't really tell, it's like they appear at the right time and place and when they go, they go as if they were never there and you try to question if that was really real but they leave such a profound impact on you that you remember them for the rest of your life.

I am really happy for you for I know very well how hard is to connect with day to day people and when you find minds that operate at the same frequency, you instantly connect.

Glad you had a wonderful time, you have the chance to have to really interesting talks which can offer new found perspectives about the nature of things and the nature of self. For this is where it all beings, who we are? What we are?
Old 04-06-2022, 12:40 AM
Master
QUOTE 23 EXCERPT:
Quote:
That's what I call an amazing experience, when healing happens, something tangible and incredible and amazing!

I've been asking for a master for months, someone that really knows and really knows. You were really blessed and privileged to meet someone like that
As you pointed out, the spontaneous healing was indeed very concrete ... something that people couldn't ignore.

As for my black "homeless" sage, there was something about his energy that drew me to him even though he didn't reveal himself for the first 2 years of our connection. When he did reveal himself, I asked him why he hadn't spoken to me earlier. His response was humbling: "You weren't even at a level where we could discuss basics". In retrospect, he was absolutely right despite my egotistically high opinion of myself and my yoga/meditation learning which was actually quite limited at that time.

These "hidden masters" are out there. It's just that people don't recognize them since they outwardly appear to be quite ordinary. Look carefully and you will find such beings in the most unlikely places ... as in the case of my black "homeless" sage.
Old 09-07-2022, 07:52 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Really incredible and what's even more incredible is that after the initial confusion there's a very profound sense of bliss, it's like I am a child again and the whole world around me is full of magic and adventures and wonderful things even though there's no saying who or what I am for I have no idea, how can I? When the sense of self is no more, the separation is no more, the quantification is no more, the interpretation is no more.
Sweet! I call this place 'self - denial'. I laughed when I learned that the self I thought was there was actually not there at all. I kinda felt funny because I made it all up, lol. Jesus speaks of denying the self, what you experienced is "denying the self", when you have come to find that there really is no self to hold onto. It's quite amazing actually! But this state brought about a deep yearning from within me. And what you have described is the transition one goes through in spiritual practice. It's basically passing through the elements of being:
Earth- Physical posture
Water- Entering into the river of the conscious mind stream with its thoughts and then into the sea of the subconscious mind stream of images, visuals, voices and all
Fire- Into the flame of self
Air- Where that flame of self is extinguished by the airyness of 'thusness/thisness/Isness'
Spirit- Emptiness/Nothingness

The part where mystics and yogis spend so much time is when they have launched from the Spirit part into what may lie beyond. This is the route to buddhahood, enlightenment if you will. I've come to experience the part after spirit a little bit which I think is called samadhi, where you are in this ecstatic, blissful, intense state of no movement, bodiless, no sensation. When your in the spirit part and moving onto the next stage, you get sort of tastes and bleed throughs of that next state. But this is the route to buddhahood/self-realization which I did not follow.

Being a Christian, I opted for fullness rather than emptiness and meaninglessness where Jesus gives you a new identity, a higher self to begin learning fullness and all that He has to offer to you. I know who I am with reference to Jesus. When He gives you, a new identity, you all of a sudden find that "you" have been existing all along and didn't know it (but coming to know the existence of a higher "I" is different from having it come to live in you and become totally and easily accessible to you. It becomes your new reference point of being). And not only that, you can express that "I", that higher self, because it has siddhis, abilities and all. You can access it at will because it is who you have become once it come in and is born through you.
Just as you are able to tune into your physical body and operate with it as a point of reference, you can tune into your higher self and use it as a point of reference. You realise that this is the true "I" and that "I" is Light. You see meaning, purpose and fullness all around you, and how this Light brings fullness to the emptiness of form.
"And I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you" - Ezekiel 36:26a

Last edited by Aknaton : 09-07-2022 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:51 AM
Master
Connecting to the inner child as you did, reveals how important it can be to be aware of how you once were within. In the foundational years and sensory development years, our experiences are all experienced through our senses. Open and naturally curious, spontaneous and joy for no reason. Accessing all these levels of your being state, as your doing, is really amazing. Your receiving and remembering your true nature and it’s potentiality. Your experiences in the way your gaining wisdom and insight is pretty cool. I’m very happy for you.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Sweet! I call this place 'self - denial'. I laughed when I learned that the self I thought was there was actually not there at all. I kinda felt funny because I made it all up, lol.
It's inspiring to know that there are others who have come to this understanding, right here, on this very forum. I experience the same yearning and it's pushing me forward into uncharted territories, offering me experiences that are just incredible.

I've been thinking for weeks about enlightenment and the pinnacle of the human condition because like you, when you realize that there's no self, you are just one step away from what has been known throughout the ages: Christhood, Buddhahood, Enlightenment, Nirvana, Self-realization, Higher Self, True Self; you can feel it, you can almost touch it, the veil is slowly fading away while you are wide awake and not even meditating.

My "little" human mind instantly got scared, I said to myself, on step and I am entering into the very presence of God Himself while being fully aware of this, Buddhahood, Christhood, Enlightenment, Self-realization, whatever the name, waiting for me. I got scared, still not ready, it's a process for me.

A very interesting post @Aknaton, much to learn from you, much to ponder on. Looking forward to hear more of your journey. As a message to everybody else, I had no teacher to achieve this, just meditation combined with yearning to know what lies at the very core of my being. I felt that this is going to reveal me God, not mentally, but in a tangible way.
Old 21-07-2022, 03:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
My "little" human mind instantly got scared, I said to myself, on step and I am entering into the very presence of God Himself while being fully aware of this, Buddhahood, Christhood, Enlightenment, Self-realization, whatever the name, waiting for me. I got scared, still not ready, it's a process for me.
Indeed. It is a process and a journey. The experiences of anata evolve and get deeper. One of the aspects of anata is that the personal identification is not there. Another is that there is the interconnected 'Allness'. These need to be integrated into our conscious life expression and allowed to flow freely. But when we experience this anata and begin investigate this 'Allness' or Universal Interconnectedness, we should hold our horse before we deduce from our experiences that this is 'God' or 'Truth' or any other blessed word - this still shows the play of 'self' to try and filter, integrate and file these experiences as concepts within our memory, and we should even be more careful to prevent the self to express these concepts in our daily life or it will lead to blocks for our personal development because we are grasping, and others development as well as it will give them something too to hold on to. Let us allow the sun to rise and set and the moon likewise.

We should continually seek to deepen this 'no self' in our meditation and our day-to-day life. When we continue to do this, the next thing we experience is the emptiness of the Allness. The same allness which we deduced is 'God' or 'Truth' or any other blessed word is found to be empty. Again, we should be very careful in allowing the self to arise and conceptialize this. We and the Allness appear to be empty and the boundaries of self dissolve and there is just Allness or presence or oness which seems to have no boundaries. It is a merger, that which Patanjali calls as 'yog' or 'yoga', where the seer and the seen are one. Just as Jesus says, the light of the body is the 'eye'. If your 'eye is single' then your whole body will be full of light. When we see duality, it is a reflection of our state of being. It we see emptiness, if is our state of being.
Old 21-07-2022, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
I laughed when I learned that the self I thought was there was actually not there at all. I kinda felt funny because I made it all up, lol. J
you can express that "I", that higher self, because it has siddhis, abilities and all.
For someone who affirms "being a Christian", your post was quite all-encompassing.

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...1&postcount=25
Old 21-07-2022, 02:54 PM
Newbie ;)

This is an awesome story and will help many people.

Just letting go is key, and thanks for reminding me on this "practice"

A few weeks ago, I was watching now dual videos on YouTube whilst eating my dinner.
For a few seconds I saw that everything was just happening by itself, then the mind returned "Woah what was that? So frickin cool.
It was impersonal, just like watching a movie of thid body moving and eating.

Thing iis,it just proved to this mind that there isn't anything that can be done for this to happen.

All those 1000s of hours of non dual teachers saying "there is nothing "you" can do" hit home and leaves hopelessness. Which brings sensations of depression.

Time to let go and forever disappear.