Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-06-2014, 06:51 PM
elisi

i'm not a big believer in the bible but i'm pretty sure it speaks of only one antichrist.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i'm not a big believer in the bible but i'm pretty sure it speaks of only one antichrist.

I had thought so as well but it is not illogical or impossible for me to be incorrect, not in a long shot.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobian
If truth were in this story of the rapture, it would have already happened and would have fallen upon the earth to save the many millions whom died in the second World War, yet, it surely did not.

Brobian,

I fully understand your skepticism in regards to the story of the rapture. I also understand the disappointment of those who believe in the coming of the rapture. World War II was just one of many calamities in the history of the world. At any time in history there have been events that could have been viewed as indicative of the coming of the rapture.
My hope, as a Christian, is not focused on the coming of the rapture. I firmly believe that everything that is needed for deliverance from any trial or calamity has already been given to mankind. There are those who have been disappointed that their predictions of the rapture did not come true, but I think of the disappointment of God who has given us all that we need. This indicates to me that God still has hope for mankind. The miracle that we await is that mankind will respond to God with the miracle of transforming itself.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Brobian,

I fully understand your skepticism in regards to the story of the rapture. I also understand the disappointment of those who believe in the coming of the rapture. World War II was just one of many calamities in the history of the world. At any time in history there have been events that could have been viewed as indicative of the coming of the rapture.
My hope, as a Christian, is not focused on the coming of the rapture. I firmly believe that everything that is needed for deliverance from any trial or calamity has already been given to mankind. There are those who have been disappointed that their predictions of the rapture did not come true, but I think of the disappointment of God who has given us all that we need. This indicates to me that God still has hope for mankind. The miracle that we await is that mankind will respond to God with the miracle of transforming itself.

Mr. Molearner,

I meant no ill will towards yourself or to any other individual that finds faith with the verses of the bible. To be honest, I do not care what your physical body might look like, what type of house you reside in, they type of car you may drive, nor do I care which faith you find. It is your right to be you and not my right to judge that which you choose. The only thing that I care for is what be in your heart. I've come to share my opinion and insight of it and ti's all I desired to do.

I am an extremely intellectual and intelligent individual and I will dissect everything piece by piece, then look at each piece from all angles. If I see no hard core, undeniable, proof in something, unfortunately I'll never believe.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
The very text you have just written, the lashing out that you feel you must do in order to protect your belief is the very reason why Christianity is dying.
I'm coming the the same conclusion and I've had it with asking this guy to show some respect for people. He apparently has no intention of doing that. Please continue, and disregard my previous post to you.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I'm coming the the same conclusion and I've had it with asking this guy to show some respect for people. He apparently has no intention of doing that. Please continue, and disregard my previous post to you.

All is good, my friend. You need not worry about the words you've said, I see only a man with his own opinions. However, you say to continue on which I will gladly do lol. To be quite honest, I can dissect the bible page by page and lay out all of the reasons to what make it wrong. This is very easy to do because there are so many, that is if one is unafraid to look.

For example, inside the text of one of Mr. Morpheus's post he had placed blame onto the "violent video games and Columbine occurrences" because of the church being removed from the schools.

Here are a few verse from the bible that easily contradicts his own statement.

Isaiah 13:16 "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished."

Ezekiel 9:6 "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women . . . "

Those who open up the pages and enter into the realm of this book will quickly see how violent this God is and his son as well. This God condones the rap, murder, and massacre of even his enemies innocent children, I mean seriously?

I say this; never within my souls existence, not once will I ever pray too, grovel before, have faith in, or worship any type of God that promotes the murdering of innocent children or any other innocent creature that walks upon this planet. Even if this God is true, and before me he stands with all his glory, I'll not bow to him, I'll not praise him, and I sure as heck won't beg him. He will be greeted with one of the most passionate, dedicated, and moral souls, which also has one heck of a stubbornness, that he had ever met. Let him smite me, he can even cast me down into the deepest abyss of hell and my soul can burn for my eternity and the eternity after that. I'll not ever worship any god whom could allow or even praise such atrocities.

However, I'll never meet such a God, nor will my soul ever burn. I know this because this God doesn't exist but in the mind of man. If we have a God, he is nothing like the God portrayed within this book, not even close. Our God is compassionate, caring, understanding, and loving. If we were to lose our way, then his gentle hand would guide us back. I am actually one of Christianity's worst nightmare's, thus because I know it's fakeness and can fearlessly show it with ease. If this were just a couple hundred years ago, I'd be dead already but not from the hand of God, rather from man himself. Times have changed though and I would hike atop the highest mountain, climb up the tallest skyscraper, and even stand on the very moon itself and shout this down onto the earth for all to hear, each and every soul.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:09 PM
elisi

brobian

i agree with you completely. i have always felt that the god of the bible was human or extraterrestrial. all that violence is human traits.

i believe in an intelligent energy that is pure love and light.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
brobian

i agree with you completely. i have always felt that the god of the bible was human or extraterrestrial. all that violence is human traits.

i believe in an intelligent energy that is pure love and light.

I believe he was extraterrestrial as well. That or the entire story was made up for the sake of fame and fortune for whomever Jesus was.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:39 PM
elisi

brobian

then you may be interested in reading 'the 12th planet' by zecharia sitchen.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Mr. Molearner,

I am an extremely intellectual and intelligent individual and I will dissect everything piece by piece, then look at each piece from all angles. If I see no hard core, undeniable, proof in something, unfortunately I'll never believe.

Brobian,

I never perceived any ill will from you and upon examining my reply to you I am bewildered how you could conclude that I was challenging you in any way.
We are to be reminded that we are in a Christian forum and a premise of Christians is to believe in a spiritual world that is parallel to the material world. To seek undeniable proof by means of the processes of the material world(science) appears to be an impossibility. Different worlds or universes are governed by different laws.
You have stipulated that you do not begrudge the faith that we as Christians have and, likewise, we do not begrudge your faith......but in both cases there is the possibility that we do not share that same faith. Your faith, as nearly as can be determined, is your intellect and intelligence. Therefore from a philosophical standpoint it is possible there are those in this forum who might not share your faith as being undeniable. Remember.....this is hypothetical.....for the sake of intellectual debate.