Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 23-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
I don't want to cause a fuzz or anything but I have read some things about the emotional and spiritual life of plants and trees. They do have a soul and they too have an evolution to follow.

I have learned that they are meant to be consumed and that they are very well aware of that. They don't feel pain in the way that we do, or experience it in the same way, I'm not sure of that. But they do have emotions. So your behaviour towards them does have an impact on them. They appreciate love just as much as we do.

They know they are supposed to be eaten because the other moving creatures would not be able to evolve without them.
That is how it has been going on for millions and millions of years. Should that be wrong all of a sudden when we reach a certain level of consciousness at this point in time?

I was going to say if you don't consume plants either cause they have emotions, soul or feelings then you starve! But I like your explanation in regards to plants. I least I don't feel guilty!
Old 24-08-2014, 12:49 AM
Experiencer
Are you sure you don't even feel a little guilty? Poking those poor defenseless little clams..........
Old 24-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
I was going to say if you don't consume plants either cause they have emotions, soul or feelings then you starve! But I like your explanation in regards to plants. I least I don't feel guilty!

I think some people really take it over the top with compassion and care for other life.
You should always be aware of the perspective, of where you came from and how many millions of years you are under way already. And just how short ago it probably is that some people made the transition to no more animal food.

We are all part of a very big plan and life needs food for growth and to evolve. It's part of the design. Why would food taste so good if it wasn't meant to be eaten?
Old 24-08-2014, 12:58 AM
Experiencer
Except for clams of course.
Old 24-08-2014, 03:59 AM
Master
More giggles on seafood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aL9qqWRm7E
Old 24-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Master
Well, saying that plants have a soul ought to make one consider whether physical/organic life has a soul, or that it all resides in Soul. - Spirit.

For people who haven't done so, you ought to look up the research, either on YouTube, or other, "The Secret Life of Plants".

Meanwhile, again, also consider what the visible and organic world is, with regard to a greater Reality. A true nature and situation of Life.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

This was pretty funny Gem!!! lol
Old 26-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyheaven1979
This was pretty funny Gem!!! lol

Hehe...I take it this guy isn't into seafood...

The worst seafood joke ever: "Hey, you like seafood?" and if you dare say yes, the prankster's mouthful of 'chewed' food opens!

fell for it twice! lol....
Old 26-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope33
Hehe...I take it this guy isn't into seafood...

The worst seafood joke ever: "Hey, you like seafood?" and if you dare say yes, the prankster's mouthful of 'chewed' food opens!

fell for it twice! lol....

My stepkids do that to me all the time and of course they get me all the time cause I like seafood!