Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 05-09-2020, 02:39 PM
Experiencer
My Thoughts On Channeling

Do people that channel really channel people that have passed on the voice comes through there mannerism's of the departed one although I'm a believer in spirit since childhood could it be that they drawing it from the Akashic records once you become spirit again you are that pure energy of thought from what you once sprang from so fine subtle only clairvoyants and mediums can detect this energy
Old 22-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Master

This is all just how I see it. A channel is a connection to a being of the spirit worlds; a human soul no longer bound to a body, or a being that never had a physical body like a fairy, or a guide, or an angel - it's as crowded on the other side, yet you can only communicate with beings that at some point evolved to a consciousness level you can relate to. Having a chat with a specific individual fish would be difficult. How much communication that comes through depends a lot on the medium. The best I can do with my current skills is to get a simple picture or a single word in response. A more talented medium can receive actual sentences. The major mediums are not manning a radio set but become the radio sets, and as you say a lot more than words come through than words. Mannerisms, laughter, intent - but these are not memory banks you are accessing. They are the individual itself. Dying just removes your physical body. Even the most acutely modern science estimates it has mapped maybe 10-12% of a human brain. What is the rest doing? I believe that most of us, our memories and personalities and thoughts, exists as elements of our energy bodies. I also believe that the Akashic records, by any given name, do store all of us including those parts, but they are there as backup files, not as active open files - to make a computer analogy. On the flip side it means you can't ask a medium to chat with Julius Caesar for you, because he has probably lived a hundred lives more since then and could well be a soldier or accountant behind a laptop right this minute.

I have been present when major mediums have channeled people - good and bad. It's pretty unnerving and I don't think I'm ready or willing to do it on that level in this lifetime even if my talents should suddenly grow exponentially. Best as I can judge, being a major medium is a major burden.
Old 22-09-2020, 12:05 PM
Experiencer
Hmm, well, I have spoken with deceased family members, friends who had passed on, and with a well-known favorite musician I called upon specifically. I had one college friend blurt out his nickname while I was speaking with my husband, to let me know he was there with me. One such spirit I called upon, the musician, did speak very much in alignment with his personality and used words he would have used when alive. My channeling is not advanced enough yet per se to pick up on all the nuances of a spirit, but I received all loving and enthusiastic responses.

However, I have stopped channeling (for the most part) because it started to really overwhelm me.
Old 22-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWater
Hmm, well, I have spoken with deceased family members, friends who had passed on, and with a well-known favorite musician I called upon specifically. I had one college friend blurt out his nickname while I was speaking with my husband, to let me know he was there with me. One such spirit I called upon, the musician, did speak very much in alignment with his personality and used words he would have used when alive. My channeling is not advanced enough yet per se to pick up on all the nuances of a spirit, but I received all loving and enthusiastic responses.

However, I have stopped channeling (for the most part) because it started to really overwhelm me.

It's good to hear the common sense in your last sentence. You should be in charge at all times and not at the beck and call of discarnate communicators. I don't give advice but would ask you to think about how you can be sure of the identity of those you communicate with.

Family and friends should be able to give sound evidence of identity, things you should be able to identify for your reassurance they are who they appear to be. That can be hard, of course, if you're trying to communicate with someone well known but not personally known to you. Mischief-makers may pretend to be well-known personalities.
Old 22-09-2020, 02:11 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It's good to hear the common sense in your last sentence. You should be in charge at all times and not at the beck and call of discarnate communicators. I don't give advice but would ask you to think about how you can be sure of the identity of those you communicate with.

Family and friends should be able to give sound evidence of identity, things you should be able to identify for your reassurance they are who they appear to be. That can be hard, of course, if you're trying to communicate with someone well known but not personally known to you. Mischief-makers may pretend to be well-known personalities.

Oh yes, I've run across those mischief-makers on many occasions. They can often take on the identity of someone whom I THINK I am talking to. I learned to now only use white candles and to light them when I want to speak with those of the light.

I wasn't ever at the beck and call of anyone -- only tricksters would do such things, never those of love and light.

My deceased family members and the musician were definitely real, along with deceased friends who came through and Angels, of course.

But yeah, for many reasons which I won't go into on this thread, I had to curtail my channeling. Now I'm far more protective and learned I can shut it down pretty easily.
Old 22-09-2020, 02:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Oh yes, I've run across those mischief-makers on many occasions. They can often take on the identity of someone whom I THINK I am talking to. I...........ich I won't go into on this thread, I had to curtail my channeling. Now I'm far more protective and learned I can shut it down pretty easily.

Some can't / don't close down and believe that's the right way. I disagree and consider being able to close down as vital. One should have that choice.
Old 22-09-2020, 02:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
[/b]

Some can't / don't close down and believe that's the right way. I disagree and consider being able to close down as vital. One should have that choice.

Absolutely agreed. For the longest time, I didn't realize or know that I had the means to shut it down and close my channel until I asked one day. I now ask my Guides and I also state it out loud myself. Had I known this simple trick years ago, I would have saved myself from a lot of confusion and torment. The tricksters are devilish and are very intrusive.
Old 22-09-2020, 03:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Absolutely agreed. For the longest time, I didn't realize or know that I had the means to shut it down and close my channel until I asked one day. I now ask my Guides and I also state it out loud myself. Had I known this simple trick years ago, I would have saved myself from a lot of confusion and torment. The tricksters are devilish and are very intrusive.

yes, indeed