Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 08-11-2018, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
inavalan I was confused about the whole glucose fructose thing just a month or two ago myself.. having learned what the mainstream teaches that glucose is the body's ideal fuel involving the krebs cycle.. but guess what?

That's not what they say.

Quote:
the fructose in fruit is not the same as glucose because it is better. It gets into the body by diffusion! doesn't that sound magical? it doesn't require burden on the liver

Nope.

Quote:
or other organs or creation of insulin to be absorbed and assimilated, it works by diffusion into cells. I have more to learn on this subject but was enchanted to learn of the existence of this diffusion phenomenon because it really does put things into a different perspective and show how superior fruit sugar is.

Fruit sugar, (including fructose, glucose and sacrose) is indeed an excellent way of ingesting sugars for so many reasons.

Quote:
besides that, Dr. Morse has healed thousands and thousands of patients in his career, including people suffering with the disorders you mentioned. but people have healed themselves without Dr. Morse too. He has been a health practitioner for decades and has stumbled himself throughout the years but now knows what works and makes weekly videos to answer people's questions and help anyone heal more easily
Old 08-11-2018, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
inavalan I was confused about the whole glucose fructose thing just a month or two ago myself.. having learned what the mainstream teaches that glucose is the body's ideal fuel involving the krebs cycle.. but guess what?

That's not what they say.

Quote:
the fructose in fruit is not the same as glucose because it is better. It gets into the body by diffusion! doesn't that sound magical? it doesn't require burden on the liver

Nope.

Quote:
or other organs or creation of insulin to be absorbed and assimilated, it works by diffusion into cells. I have more to learn on this subject but was enchanted to learn of the existence of this diffusion phenomenon because it really does put things into a different perspective and show how superior fruit sugar is.

Fruit sugar, (including fructose, glucose and sucrose) is indeed an excellent way of ingesting sugars for so many reasons.

Quote:
besides that, Dr. Morse has healed thousands and thousands of patients in his career, including people suffering with the disorders you mentioned. but people have healed themselves without Dr. Morse too. He has been a health practitioner for decades and has stumbled himself throughout the years but now knows what works and makes weekly videos to answer people's questions and help anyone heal more easily
Old 08-11-2018, 02:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Everyone of us should do whatever they believe to be right, and this is valid not only for diet.

But what people think is right is often wrong.

Quote:
In domains where we don't have personal expertise it is quite difficult to form an opinion about what / who is right, but we should apply common sense.

Well, when one supposes that they know when in fact they don't know...

Quote:
One of the sources for health recommendations I peruse is dr. Mercola.

He wrote several articles about fructose, and if you're interested, you could start with: Surprising Health Hazards Associated with All-Fruit Diet

This is its abstarct:
Ashton Kutcher recently disclosed he suffered pancreatic problems brought on by following an all-fruit diet adopted in preparation to play the character of Steve Jobs in the upcoming film “Jobs.” Steve Jobs died of pancreatic cancer in 2011

Fruits are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, which is why eating a small amount of them is fine for healthy people. However, many benefit by restricting their fruit intake due to its high fructose content

Research suggests fructose may have a particularly significant impact on pancreatic cancer, as pancreatic cancer cells have been shown to use fructose for cell division, speeding up the growth and spread of the cancer

As a general guideline, I recommend limiting your total fructose consumption to 25 grams of fructose per day. If you suffer with any fructose-related health issues, such as insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, heart disease, obesity or cancer, you would be wise to limit your total fructose consumption to 15 grams of fructose per day. This includes fructose from ALL sources, including whole fruit
t

The role of fructose is complex, but when we say fruit causes cancer we start to say ridiculous things. I agree the 25g daily fructose as a rough guide is reasonable, but taking sugar from fruit is not the same as taking refined added sugars. It is perfectly safe to eat larger quantities of fruit but nit perfectly safe to eat large quantities of fructose extracts. Of course, eating only fruit is unsustainable and it does cause malnutrition and metabolic damage which can be permanent.

Most besterest is glucose and fructose (and sucrose) from whole foods in balanced moderation including starchy carbs combined. The body metabolises sugars more efficiently when mixed. Ie, fructose from fruit with glucose (including from starch) is more efficiently metabolised than either one of these alone - but from whole food - not 'added'.

Bottom line: eat a wide variety of whole food which supplies all the nutrients in the appropriate quantities. (Anything other than that is hocum which leads to harm).
Old 08-11-2018, 04:31 AM
Master

Gem,

You seem to be very sure of what you know, and categorically dispense judgement on nutrition related subjects.

I agree with some of your beliefs, while I disagree with others. Honestly, I am convinced that some of the advice you give is bad if followed. You probably believe similar things about my opinions on the subject.

So, I'll state here that whatever I write are things I follow in my daily life (diet, exercise), I don't discuss theoretically here. In spite of this, I don't suggest anybody should follow what I do without firstly double check, and them taking full responsibility for what they do.

Maybe you should consider yourself adding a similar disclaimer, because statements like "It is perfectly safe to eat larger quantities of fruit" carry a lot of responsibility, and I am sure are health wise dangerous.

Otherwise, I appreciate your knowledge, and the way you express it.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Gem,

You seem to be very sure of what you know, and categorically dispense judgement on nutrition related subjects.

I know in two ways: 1) Dietary practice for optimum physical performance (which isn't the same as optimum health/longevity); and 2) scientific findings of controlled research, and 3) It's a very nuanced, complex process, which is highly individualised and has no cut and dried answers.

Quote:
I agree with some of your beliefs, while I disagree with others. Honestly, I am convinced that some of the advice you give is bad if followed. You probably believe similar things about my opinions on the subject.

Well, saying people who wish to reduce fat should use a ketogenic diet contradicts the evidence the fat reduction/muscle retention involves increasing one's protein quota and reducing calories from fats and/or carbs. So in principle, very low carb diets are effective when individuals comply, but the protein quota is minimalist rather than optimum.

I don't give advice except to say establishing a calorie balance with proper nutrient distribution is the way to establish a healthy way of eating. That can be done in many different ways depending on the circumstances and lifestyles of individuals.

Quote:
So, I'll state here that whatever I write are things I follow in my daily life (diet, exercise), I don't discuss theoretically here. In spite of this, I don't suggest anybody should follow what I do without firstly double check, and them taking full responsibility for what they do.

Maybe you should consider yourself adding a similar disclaimer, because statements like "It is perfectly safe to eat larger quantities of fruit" carry a lot of responsibility, and I am sure are health wise dangerous.

It is safe provided it is within the proper nutrient distribution. For example, if a person is most satisfied with 150g of carbs a day, a variety of fruit could make up less or more of that quota, but if you make up the quota on fruit alone, then you can't eat any veges because they too contain carbs. Indeed, veges high in protein such as legumes are also carb dense... and all of this effectively reduces fruit consumption to around about the quantities you have specified.

Quote:
Otherwise, I appreciate your knowledge, and the way you express it.

I'm pretty sure I'm preaching the gospel! teehee. But the only universal principle is calorie balance. Nutrient distribution can be high fat/low carb or high carb/low fat depending on what is sustainable for individuals, and the micronutrients can come from such a range of plant and animal products that there are countless ways to arrange that.

Your information is good, within reason, and well balanced, so I don't disagree with it at all. I just talk about the general nuances it implies.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Master
Color Keep it simple, Keep it Vegetarian...

Disagree with the main message here (fruitarianism).. humans aren't ''frugivores'', although, yes, fruits do seem the most 'benevolent' foods from a spiritual point of view..
I also prefer just fruit after a long meditation, regardless of what time it is..

But we need plenty of protein, carbs, and vegetables. Vegetarianism is great as it is, I don't see why we should take it to extreme levels..
Old 09-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Master
Please look into what the body has to go through and the byproducts created when foods besides fruits are consumed and compare what happens
Old 09-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Master
I don't understand what is the point of posting in a thread or even on a forum with new ideas if you're not open to learning about them at least a little?
Old 09-11-2018, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Please look into what the body has to go through and the byproducts created when foods besides fruits are consumed and compare what happens

Fruit does not provide a complete nutrient profile for any human being. The human body needs essential nutrients not found in fruit (essential amino acids, iron, calcium, B vitamins etc etc etc.)

A health body has a robust metabolic system, and it is supposed to metabolise a wide range of different foods. Optimal nutrition necessitates eating a wide range of food to ensure the body receives its caloric requirements and all its essential nutrients.

May the truth reign.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Disagree with the main message here (fruitarianism).. humans aren't ''frugivores'', although, yes, fruits do seem the most 'benevolent' foods from a spiritual point of view..
I also prefer just fruit after a long meditation, regardless of what time it is..

But we need plenty of protein, carbs, and vegetables. Vegetarianism is great as it is, I don't see why we should take it to extreme levels..

It's really true, Altair.