Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Guide

a closer look at the Chakra's

I thought I would start a thread on the chakra’s. Hopefully many people will contribute what they know about the specific function of them and then we can compile a good amount of information about them with the thread. One of the reasons I’ve been inspired to write this is that I have come to understand that many books that are designed to increase psychic development advocate the practice of shutting down the lower chakra’s in order to increase psychic awareness and ability. It is absolutely true that closing the lower chakra's will increase the energy flow in the 3rd eye. Its really much like pluming even though that is a crude analogy. The body, starved for energy funnels it through the 6th chakra (third eye) making it overactive. ah, but there is a safeguard by universal design that prevents us from cheating the system. Psychic ability developed in alignment with divine intent will come with balance and health. Closing the chakra's will yield nearly instant results without spiritual progress almost the exact same way that using drugs will. The consequences are directly proportional to the gains of course, as is the nature of all duality.

Each chakra is designed to absorb energy from the universal energy field in accordance with the vibration of the chakra and thus applied to the energy field to the appropriate areas for the most efficient transmutation of energy. As you may know, each chakra is associated with specific organs, glands and anatomy. If one of the chakra’s is not functioning properly or is closed, the corresponding areas will not receive the necessary amount of energy and eventually will result in degradation of the energy field in the area that relies on the specific vibration that the chakra would provide if operating efficiently. Eventually, this imbalance will transmute to the physical body and will show itself in the form of illness.

It is true that at a certain stage of spiritual and energetic evolvement, the lower chakras may become unnecessary, but this will only occur by raising the vibration of energy that flows through them at a natural state. When you truly reach the level where the lower chakra's are no longer necessary, it pretty much means you have also surpassed the need for the physical plane. Shutting down the chakra's will lower the energy of the chakra and the body and prevent the person from raising the vibration of the overall field and chakra. We were not given 7 chakras to turn around and turn em off again. The natural state of energy is movement. Inhibiting this movement will cause stagnant energy to accumulate which is much lower in vibration and will eventually transmute as disease in the body. Certainly, any action that results in disease is obviously not born from divine intent. The key is integration not circumvention. The process by which you close your chakra’s to increase energy flow and experience through the 3rd eye only results in the avoidance of physical issues much like the person who uses meditation to bring consciousness above the physical with the intent of escaping the issues of the physical. What you find is that no matter what level of consciousness you achieve, you cannot avoid the need for integration.

Also, the 3rd eye, when overactive, will also generate some psychic experiences that are not so fun. If forced to draw in energy to compensate for the lower chakras, you open your self to experience unwanted energy, which may vibrate at a different rate than what you chakra is intended to receive. This is just another consequence of an imbalanced energy system. Eventually, I would like this thread to be a place where information on each chakra is given by anyone willing to give it. But first, I would like to see if anyone would like to address what I have said above, either to add to it, or disagree with it. Tell me what you think! :)

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi

Last edited by chadley : 07-02-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:16 PM
kundalini

Hi Chadley,

This is all excellent stuff. I understand perfectly well the analogy of plumbing with regards to the Third Eye. However, I would just like to add something here which I believe compliments your thoughts on this and not disagree with them.

It is not just closing down the lower chakras which will also result in more energy running through the Third Eye but also ignoring those chakras and giving all one's attention to the Third Eye Chakra will also result in more enrgy BUT as Chadley has stated, the vibrations of this energy may be percieved by oneself to be not quite what they expect and will tend to be experiences which will leave one confused and possibly fearful rather than joyful, as such experiences should be.

The lower chakras, which I class as the Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus chakra should all be given just as much attention as the Third Eye chakra and the rest of the main chakras. The Heart Chakra is also important as this balances the energy flow. The Throat, 3rd Eye and Crown Chakras are also very important and should all be given attention too. A very quick reference guide could be that the lower chakras are associated with personal development whilst the upper chakras are associated with spiritual development and the Heart Chakra helps to balance these energies out evenly. That I find is easy to remember.

Chadley, could you please go into more detail about what practices raise the vibration of energy that flows through a chakra. Do you mean practices such as chakra meditation, meditation, forms of visualisation or simply just trusting in spirit? I have to say that at the moment I am finding working with crystals and chakras to be quite beneficial. Is this also something that you too think is beneficial with regards to raising the vibrations of energies?

When do you feel that IT IS ok to close the chakras? I, as I have already said, fully agree with you about how chakras should generally be kept open. However, say a person is ungrounded but is having visions that are creating fear, is it best for them to concentrate on closing their 3rd eye then whilst also opening their root chakra more? What do you think?

K.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:32 PM
~Jay~

Very interesting stuff guys, thanks!

I have experience of a major heart-chakra opening a couple of months back, and all the physical, emotional and energy symptoms which went along with it. So if anyone wants any specific information, it's all still fresh in my mind, hehe!

Also, I wanted to add that from my understanding, the 3 lower chakras in males are more naturally 'open' than the upper ones, as are the 3 higher ones in females. Therefore, would it not be a natural assumption for women to concentrate more on bringing the lower ones into allignment first, and vise-versa in men, in order to achieve a balance in the long run? Or doesn't it matter?

I have also read of us having 12 main chakras altogether, there's one below our feet, called the Earth chakra, one which is split into two halves in each foot, another one between our heart & throat - called the 'higher heart' and another above our heads, called the stellar chakra. Anyone else heard of these?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
kundalini

Hey Jaycee,

That theory about the 3 lower chakras being more open in men and vice-versa, I have not heard of that one before. It's a possibility though and quite logical I suppose. Of course, I have heard of masculine and feminine energies too which would be related to that particular topic I think.

I too have also heard about the twelve main chakras although IMO, I think just the original seven just be dealt with first by people who are not familiar with the chakra system. Indeed, I have no experience of these other chakras.

I am well aware of the chakras that reside at the soles of each foot though. Although, I have read about a chakra underneath these feet chakras called the Earth ?Star? Chakra; is that what you are referring to Jaycee?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:19 PM
~Jay~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
I am well aware of the chakras that reside at the soles of each foot though. Although, I have read about a chakra underneath these feet chakras called the Earth ?Star? Chakra; is that what you are referring to Jaycee?

Hi K,

Yes, that's it, the Earth Star chakra - I think Diana Cooper mentions it in one of her books. I swear I have felt this chakra too - or at least, the energy that was rising up through the chakra(s) in the soles of my feet during a major blast, seemed to be coming from a central point about a foot or so beneath me.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Guide

Great contributions guys. and I have loads of info to share with you on the earth star, the minor chakra's, the twelve main chakraand the theory on men and women and more, don't worry. I'll try and get to it later tonight
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 08-02-2007, 06:32 AM
deltawaves

Thanks Chadley! I really look forward to your further info on the 12 charkras. I love your posts, you make such sense to me and your style of writing is easy to understand and practical.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:46 PM
GoldChord

Great thread Chadley,

I must confess to knowing very little about chakras and I am keen to learn. I do have a mentor for these things (spiritual development), but his insistence that I work some things out for myself can be very frustrating sometimes. I know I do have trouble controlling and identifying when I 'open up' and often this means I do not close down either. As a consequence there have been times when I have woken with rather nasty headaches because of too much energy - or it getting trapped. 'Mentor Man' is able to clear it to remove the discomfort, but I would like to know more about how I can become more aware of my chakras and the energy moving through them. Hopefully this thread can help.

I look forward to more info.

Take care.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:03 PM
kundalini

Well, I would certainly like to hear any information about the other 5 main chakras. Oh and thanks for confirming that Jaycee! K.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee
Very interesting stuff guys, thanks!

I have experience of a major heart-chakra opening a couple of months back,

Same here Jay!
Over a period of about 2 weeks it was energising like a goodun!
And today it did too!
When I sat down to come on the forum!
Good stuff.

Love and light,

AM
Closed Thread