Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
IF were all one source, all energy, as has been divulged over the eons, why oh why are we spending the time we can be human, consumed with being spiritual, isnt that doing experience an injustice?

I think... we tell ourselves what is best but it is mostly a matter of going along with the crowd... we really have no clue what is best.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:31 AM
Master

I like what Linen mentioned.

I like being human too. I like the physical world, I like tasting food, I like swimming in cold water, I like being able to pick something up in the material world and create something from it.

If I was floating in a bubble of bliss I would be ignorant to all of this and I would not understand love as I have come to understand it through being human.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:27 PM
Master
And we constantly have a number of people coming here to this forum asking for
help with their human experience, many are in pain, suicidal, etc., seeking bliss
or at least peace. I spent 40-years in a career working with people who were in
physical, emotional, or mental pain.

I worked with abandoned children from abusive families, adults who had severe
harmful addictions, or chronic mental illness, homeless, etc. The human experience
can be wonderful but a lot of people describe it as suffering.

I saw such horrific suffering during time of war (Vietnam) where people were
rewarded for brutally killing other people. I also went to Afghanistan as a medical
worker, and Haiti to relive suffering from hurricane damage to peoples lives, famine, etc.

So I am grateful that I have and alternative to the human experience. Most of the
people in this world, in places like China, India, Africa, and the Middle East, are not
enjoying human life. The explosion in Beirut a couple of days ago was another
reminder of how many are suffering.

When I return to the U.S. from most of the countries I have been to, I see the very
stark difference and feel extremely blessed to have things like clean running water,
food, and shelter. But also the freedom to do many things, like practice my spiritual
path. To each their own, as there are many differing perspectives on this.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:52 PM
Master

personally I've found happiness is overrated. Everyone wants it but maybe that isn't as good an idea as we imagine it to be? Anyway I don't much like the idea of going off and being a slave to being one with the divine... physicality does seem more interesting than that...
Old 06-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
IF were all one source, all energy, as has been divulged over the eons, why oh why are we spending the time we can be human, consumed with being spiritual, isnt that doing experience an injustice?
A lot of people like to latch on to things to help them through difficult times. Also in many cases it's turns a type of social status. An other common reason it what were taught. In special occasions it through experiencing and feeling of what is within one self.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:00 PM
Master
Perhaps we are more like mechanical robots pretending to be human. Programmed to believe that we are human. Programmed to function a certain way by other mechanical robots. Being spiritual is just another form of being programmed. Same as religion, culture, etc. All the same. Part of the symptoms of your robotic state is believing you are not in a robotic state. Being in complete denial of your robotic nature. Like part of the symptoms of being in a deep sleep is dreaming that you're awake.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Perhaps we are more like mechanical robots pretending to be human. Programmed to believe that we are human. Programmed to function a certain way by other mechanical robots. Being spiritual is just another form of being programmed. Same as religion, culture, etc. All the same. Part of the symptoms of your robotic state is believing you are not in a robotic state. Being in complete denial of your robotic nature. Like part of the symptoms of being in a deep sleep is dreaming that you're awake.
double post
Old 08-08-2020, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
yes and no. If you can break out of that programming. It's real, you'll feel it and never forget it. Question everything taste it for yourself .
Old 08-08-2020, 06:30 AM
Master
Quote:

From the point of view of the programmed robotic mind everything appears mechanical. There is another view from awakened awareness in the vitality and subtlety of life itself... which is what 'spiritual' means.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:30 AM
Master
double post