Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 01-04-2020, 11:46 PM
Pathfinder

Post A quote from Plato on soulmates

“We human beings will never attain happiness unless we find perfect love, unless we each come across the love of our lives and thereby recover our original nature.”
Plato, Symposium (trans. Robin Waterfield)
Old 02-04-2020, 01:27 PM
Experiencer

In that same text he explains that people had a different form in the past:

In the first place, let me treat of the nature of man and what has happened to it; for the original human nature was not like the present, but different. The sexes were not two as they are now, but originally three in number; there was man, woman, and the union of the two, having a name corresponding to this double nature, which had once a real existence, but is now lost, and the word "Androgynous" is only preserved as a term of reproach. In the second place, the primeval man was round, his back and sides forming a circle; and he had four hands and four feet, one head with two faces, looking opposite ways, set on a round neck and precisely alike; also four ears, two privy members, and the remainder to correspond. He could walk upright as men now do, backwards or forwards as he pleased, and he could also roll over and over at a great pace, turning on his four hands and four feet, eight in all, like tumblers going over and over with their legs in the air; this was when he wanted to run fast. Now the sexes were three, and such as I have described them; because the sun, moon, and earth are three;-and the man was originally the child of the sun, the woman of the earth, and the man-woman of the moon, which is made up of sun and earth, and they were all round and moved round and round: like their parents. Terrible was their might and strength, and the thoughts of their hearts were great, and they made an attack upon the gods; of them is told the tale of Otys and Ephialtes who, as Homer says, dared to scale heaven, and would have laid hands upon the gods. Doubt reigned in the celestial councils. Should they kill them and annihilate the race with thunderbolts, as they had done the giants, then there would be an end of the sacrifices and worship which men offered to them; but, on the other hand, the gods could not suffer their insolence to be unrestrained.

I know that many ridicule these words today and consider them as myths and metaphors, but that is just because they don't know how many lies they take as truths in modern times.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:01 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
...they don't know how many lies they take as truths...
Old 09-04-2020, 09:05 AM
Master
I don't think the quote necessarily mean perfect love with a partner. More to mean perfect love as in agape love. Rumi talks about beloved and lover, meaning God in It's loving aspect.
Old 09-04-2020, 01:18 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I don't think the quote necessarily mean perfect love with a partner. More to mean perfect love as in agape love. Rumi talks about beloved and lover, meaning God in It's loving aspect.
Either way, whenever I demonstrate perfect love for God, a partner arrives.

The great initiate Jesus said, “Since the beginning, there have been male and female, each needing the other for fulfillment and spiritual flowering...Marriage has a much greater significance than this depraved generation realizes...”

In essence, Plato is just saying that without a partner we cannot even begin the spiritual path. Nothing new. Even the Dalai Lama encourages his students to marry.
Old 09-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis Armand
Either way, whenever I demonstrate perfect love for God, a partner arrives.

The great initiate Jesus said, “Since the beginning, there have been male and female, each needing the other for fulfillment and spiritual flowering...Marriage has a much greater significance than this depraved generation realizes...”

In essence, Plato is just saying that without a partner we cannot even begin the spiritual path. Nothing new. Even the Dalai Lama encourages his students to marry.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. Best wishes with it. But a spiritual path of showing love to others doesn't necessarily require a partner imo. A potential partner is one of the others to start with.

Did Jesus really say "depraved generation"?
Old 09-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
A spiritual path of showing love to others doesn't necessarily require a partner imo.
I was referring to the spiritual path. You're just referring to people with spiritual interests — the world is full of those.
Quote:
Did Jesus really say "depraved generation"?
Why would that surprise you? Look around. Isn't it true?
Old 09-04-2020, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
I was referring to the spiritual path. You're just referring to people with spiritual interests — the world is full of those.

The world is full of people loving one another? So your belief is that the only spiritual path is with a partner. Ok.

Quote:
Why would that surprise you? Look around. Isn't it true?

That's your opinion, it's not mine. I was questioning whether it was Jesus that said "depraved generation", as it didn't seem like something he would have said. Search engine didn't initially show anything, if you know different please share.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:43 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
The world is full of people loving one another?
The world is full of people who have spiritual interests.
Quote:
So your belief is that the only spiritual path is with a partner. Ok.
It's not my belief, it's how it is. What do you think Adam and Eve were doing? Why was Jesus' first biblical appearance at a wedding? You might have to read between the lines if you're looking at older manuscripts.
Quote:
That's your opinion, it's not mine. I was questioning whether it was Jesus that said "depraved generation", as it didn't seem like something he would have said. Search engine didn't initially show anything, if you know different please share.
Here's the link. It's a great read: https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/h...kolbrin_11.htm

If you do even a little amount of travel or research, you should come to the same conclusion that Jesus came to. If you're on drugs, you won't see that reality. And if you're depraved yourself, again you won't see it. There are children living in happy families away from the cities. They too might not know what is going on around the world.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tis Armand
The world is full of people who have spiritual interests.
It's not my belief, it's how it is. What do you think Adam and Eve were doing? Why was Jesus' first biblical appearance at a wedding? You might have to read between the lines if you're looking at older manuscripts.

Here's the link. It's a great read: https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/h...kolbrin_11.htm

If you do even a little amount of travel or research, you should come to the same conclusion that Jesus came to. If you're on drugs, you won't see that reality. And if you're depraved yourself, again you won't see it. There are children living in happy families away from the cities. They too might not know what is going on around the world.

What about monks and nuns, widows and widowers, before people marry, I'm sure there's many more examples, just a few off the top of my head. Can they not be on a worthy spiritual path? Jesus didn't marry did he?