Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 19-08-2021, 05:17 PM
Master
The three-sentence quote limit

Can't the mods/admin just put a message at the top of the main menu informing people about the quote limit? I've seen such informational messages on another forum I use, surely this would save a lot of trouble if any of the mods/admin know how to do it.
Old 19-08-2021, 06:02 PM
I don't know. Red Stickies don't seem to do much.
Not many have read the Rules under FAQ ---so seems like a good idea.
Thanks.
Reminds me of the Airline Staff showing us what to do if we crash.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-08-2021, 10:02 PM
Master
^^Good stuff, I imagine it must be a bit of a pain in the neck for you guys moderating the forum so hopefully something can be done to make your lives easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't know. Red Stickies don't seem to do much.
Not many have read the Rules under FAQ ---so seems like a good idea.
Thanks.
Reminds me of the Airline Staff showing us what to do if we crash.
I tend to scroll right past the red stickies myself to be honest, though a message in big, bright letters at the top of the main menu should be much harder to miss.

Aren't new members given a link to the forum's rules when they join up? Thought I remembered that, could be wrong though.
Old 26-08-2021, 02:45 PM
Master

In my opinion and as a counterweight to the restricting three sentence quote, we should have a rule that any and all responses should be of at least five full lines and should have something to do with the theme of the thread.

These constant 'I agree George' and 'good post Fred' are a waste of space, block off a normal continuation of the thread and apart from adding to the number of posts serve no other purpose.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 26-08-2021, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
... we should have a rule that any and all responses should be of at least five full lines ...
Well, that won't be happenin'! I say that unofficially.
I don't think there is any hint of a feeling about stifling anyone's expression.
But, I think ideas are always welcome, Busby. I say that officially. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-08-2021, 10:39 AM
Deactivated Account
can't find

I'm not being awkward but I've been unable to find the "three sentence quote limit" reference in the 'Rules' section.

Could someone please point it out?
Old 30-08-2021, 10:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't know. Red Stickies don't s......us what to do if we crash.

As with agreements when we subscribe to a new service or open an account etc. I expect few of us truly read through and understand the sometimes astonishingly-long list of do's and don'ts we agree to.

I would hope/expect most reasonable individuals would comply with rules that are simple and make sense - no swearing or defamation etc - but my guess is few actually study each and every rule.

Perhaps the most important and relevant ones ought to be summarized and posted at the top of all the rest?
Old 30-08-2021, 07:47 PM
Administrator
This is a new rule as some quotes were taking up too much space. some were really long,
we were told to cut them down due to space.
so it was taking down to two three at the most lines.
any more and it would be deleted.
We had to bring it similar to the Copy and paste.

Copy-Paste: One or two lines at most of relevant text of material from other sites or sources and a link to the relevant text for further reading is allowed on the condition that the author is credited and the source linked is not a commercial site (promoting or selling goods or services). Quotes of religious texts such as the Bible or Quran must also be no more than one or two lines. Posts that quote or copy-paste more than one or two short lines of text will be removed or edited. Repeatedly breaching this rule will lead to warnings and possible Disciplinary Action.

Namaste
Old 30-08-2021, 09:48 PM
Deactivated Account
I got the impression the three-sentence Quote rule was in the 'Rules' section....

I had already found the Copy and Paste two-sentence one, presumably introduced to stop idiots who like to copy large sections of text from wherever and then paste them pointlessly and obstructively in an active thread - I get that.

The three sentence one isn't a problem provided folk know how to use editing tools - it's not difficult - because the whole posting can initially be quoted, establishing the context of one's response, and then most of the quoted text can be deleted before posting the response. The way I showed earlier as an example.
Old 19-08-2021, 06:15 PM
Master
Also a message about the 3 sentence quote rule of other member's posts. Might as well also add it to the forum rules page, since admins are enforcing the 3 quote limit to other member's posts.