Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-11-2020, 11:25 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
hey everyone :)

What is the point of spirituality in your opinion?

Thanks for your help

I think most people need religion in some form as guidance in life that would for them be meaningless otherwise. We all want for our lives to have meaning and purpose and religion is the most common form of expressing this need. "Spirituality" is just new age substitute for religions that are becoming redundant in modern life because of its eclectic nature.
Old 21-11-2020, 11:36 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Spirituality is acquiring eyes that see and ears that hear......one then redefines ‘universe’

yes, this has been my experience too :)
Old 28-06-2021, 07:22 AM
traceyacey12

wow i am just now realizing how good kioma's responses. too bad s/he has deleted their account
Old 28-06-2021, 10:23 AM
Pathfinder

In my opinion lots of people cant deal with meaningless of life or that our limited mind cant comprehend it so they have a need for a structured system of beliefs. Since pre history that was filed with religion but in early 20c a paradigm shift(science) rejected religion and now people are lost and replaced religions with spirituality.

lol I already answered this one before and pretty much said the same thing
Old 04-07-2021, 07:03 AM
Deactivated Account
@Op:

In duality, there are two viewpoints.

1. That you are a material body, and that there is a thing called "Spirit" world.

2nd. That you are, actually a Spirit being, that somehow landed in a ''material'' body.

The point nr. 1 is commonly Taught.

To answer your question, in my opinion, the point of Spirituality would be to bring back those, who are under 1, to the 2nd.

This is not done by force, but Spirit is raising the interest in Spiritual things. E.g. by strange happenings, synchronicities, beginnings of obe's etc etc.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:03 AM
Guide
Color

It's realising we are mind, body AND spirit. We are spiritual beings experiencing a physical reality which is not to say we are all spiritually focused! Principally minimising the ego so that our soul/spirit can shine through - many ancient spiritual teachings are about this.

For myself it's about gravitating towards my higher self/my potential, developing the heart, becoming less judgemental/softer/more insightful into why things are as they are and accessing my intuition more for guidance. Humility is key to progress and gratitude keeps life sweet. In harmony with what life presents to you, at peace with self and so benefit those that I interact with.

Old 04-07-2021, 12:46 PM
Master
For me, Spirituality is what the Ego needs.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 04-07-2021, 11:20 PM
Pathfinder
Hi everybody,
The point of spirituality is the key of our earthly existence imo, we came down from he spirit world for yet another life, to better ourselves, to learn more, and to live through experiences we must, and new ones too.
We will go back to the afterlife after this life, going back home, so spirituality permits you to keep the focus on this earthly life, and helps you in concentrating on the essentials.
Good luck to all.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:36 AM
AbodhiSky

there is a relationship between what we are (created ourselves to be) and what we experience (what happens to us) and spirituality is re-making ourselves and thus getting away from negative experiences.

we reap what we sow, or said another way, we draw certain experiences to ourselves by what we do and who we are. we can change what we do and what we are and thus change our present and future.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
hey everyone :)

What is the point of spirituality in your opinion?

Thanks for your help
. It's a way to help cope with emotions.