Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 11-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Pathfinder
ROYGBIV or something else?

There is mixed information as to what colours go with each chakra. I have always thought it's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, starting at the root chakra, but some information talks about the heart chakra being a pink light.

I can imagine this a difference in how people perceive or see the light? But it's a little confusing. Many techniques use focusing on the appropriate colour for each chakra...

Any thoughts?

Wolfy
Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Serenity Bear

You got it right the first time, each chakra resonates at a certain tone (music) and this gives them the tell tale colours as follows:

Base - red
Sacral Plexus - orange
Solar Plexus - yellow
Heart - green
Throat - blue
Brow/ 3rd eye - indigo
Crown - Violet

The pink energy isnt the colour of the chakra but the energy of love, which can appear around any chakra but is commonly associated with the base or heart chakras.

One thing you do need to keep in mind is that there is a LOT of misinformation on the internet, so make sure you go to a good source for your data. The chakra places, colours, musical tones have been around for centuries but you can get someone who is not educated in the subject making things up as they go along.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Pathfinder
Ok, let me rephrase because I really should have been more specific here.

I wasn't asking this question because I don't know how to do my own research or because I don't know scientific fact related to colour and vibration. I was looking for how different people perceive healing energy in their own right. Some people actually have the ability to see different colours in doing readings and energy work. It doesn't make them wrong if they see a different colour...

The "information" I was referring to is a book called Your Seven Energy Centers by Elizabeth Clare Prophet and Patricia R. Spadaro. I was pointed to Elizabeth as being an interesting lady who wrote some good books. Now, I suppose these authors could have just made everything up to put in their book, but I think it's more likely they were sharing there perception of how they see healing energy and I'm sure they are not the only ones. I'll point out that I can't see any energies, that's why I'm interested!
They go all through the chakras in this book with what seems to be fairly good information and correlates with a lot of the other research I have done

but the colours are;

root/base: white
sacral: violet
solar plexus: purple and gold with ruby flecks
heart: pink or rose
throat: blue
third eye: emerald green
crown: yellow or gold

Interesting, so why such a different vision of colour? Does anyone else see colours like these? I mean purple and gold with ruby flecks is pretty specific, I figure she must be going on something.

Wolfy
Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 PM
iolite

The thymic or high heart chakra is pink. I've read in some resources that pink is the color of unconditional love. And in addition to the 7 major chakras, there are interdimensional chakras too that are above us physically but can be brought down to us with intent. Before the forum crash, I posted a chart that listed these chakras (8 and above) with their function and color. I found another link that lists color. As for the purple and gold with ruby flecks for the solar plexus, I can only surmise that in someone who has sufficiently raised their vibration and has the chakras 8 and above active and open if they were to overlay or even drop between the major 7, it could change the appearance of the major chakras.
Old 15-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
The thymic or high heart chakra is pink. I've read in some resources that pink is the color of unconditional love. And in addition to the 7 major chakras, there are interdimensional chakras too that are above us physically but can be brought down to us with intent. Before the forum crash, I posted a chart that listed these chakras (8 and above) with their function and color. I found another link that lists color. As for the purple and gold with ruby flecks for the solar plexus, I can only surmise that in someone who has sufficiently raised their vibration and has the chakras 8 and above active and open if they were to overlay or even drop between the major 7, it could change the appearance of the major chakras.

Ah yes, the ones in between could change the appearance with the overlay of colours!
Have you seen any of this yourself? I always wondered about all the interesting things people can see, must be confusing at first.

I heard some people can see the way we can see in AP, I have recently experienced this and it was definitely different.

Does anyone have any other examples or experiences with this or something else?

Wolfy
Old 17-10-2012, 03:16 AM
iolite

I have seen a large orange light shoot out from the lower back once on a woman I worked with. It was huge. I've seen a lavender light over my domed over the head of my cat once. I don't see them every day, unfortunately. There are people who can see them quite easily, but alas I am not one of them.
Old 23-10-2012, 02:00 AM
MYFIGO

It was a long time before I ever could "see" my own chakras. But the first time I was balancing my own and thought of someone else, I could actually see theirs.

I do healing by visualizing each chakra as I intend them to be. Then when I observe a difference, I know something is amiss. I will then take steps to improve the color or whatever is off.

Chakras can be mis-shapen, of pale color, have distortion in half of it, be reluctant to come forth, be small in size and slow in rotation. On the opposite end, they also can be huge, gorgeous and bold in color, appear to light up a room, and spin rapidly. I also can experience physical pain in various parts of my body in response to working with a particular chakra.

As far as colors go ...
Red for the Root Chakra
Orange for Sacral Chakra
Yellow for Joy or Me chakra
Green for the heart chakra
Blue for the Throat chakra
Blue Violet for the Brow chakra

but for me ...
White for the Crown chakra... a brilliant white like white lightning.

However, if I feel heart pain while doing a healing, the physical heart can take on different colors. Baby blue for depression is one I have seen. I also have seen a heart covered with black vines that threatened to overtake it. This represented lack of forgiveness.

These descriptions are my own perceptions only.
Old 26-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Aquarian

Chakras aren't part of the visible spectrum. Whether they even have colours is debatable but if they don't, that would explain the disparity.
Old 28-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Deactivated Account

I had a dream about my chakras and they did not match the colours commonly thought. For instance my throat was yellow.

I think Aquarian has a good point also.
Old 28-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Experiencer

I actualy spent a year trying to figure this thing out whilst decoding/mapping the spectrum, testing all the frequencies and observing the color&personality changes within.

This shart tell you the basic color of each frequency, energycenters may be observed as differing colors due to level of crystalization(brightness), combinations/connections(like gold silver lime purple and such), disease(dark&murky) and age(pale&weak, basicaly means undersupplied with "fuel").
Frequencies in the same overtone chain(same element, different "level"), mirror-opposites (above/below 8 10 14) and those of the same colorcode (8-13-8-13, not the gray numbers) mix with only beneficial results.