Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 03-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
For human beings.. violence towards animals is a choice.

Altair....I went back and re-read your post and this stuck out to me the second time as relates to your choice of vegetarianism.

Have you ever been to a farm???

If not let me clue you in.......large scale commercial farming which is what is required to feed the population on this planet KILLS EVERYTHING except what the farmers want to grow.

Every insect....every mouse, rat, opossum, raccoon ,snake, vole.....everything!!!

Large scale farming wipes out more critters and wipes out more 10's of millions of acres of habitat world wide than anything else we do to feed ourselves.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 03-12-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:29 PM
ImthatIm

Altair
To answer your question.“Are you trying to pass your own words as ancient wisdom?”
No I just said it before I wrote it. It sounded wise when I said it.So I figured I was wise.
wise = In the manner or direction of (slantwise)
definition Taken from the text: Websters dictionary 11th edition.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:42 PM
ImthatIm

Altair
Here is one you may enjoy.

A wise medicine man once told me "If you poke a hole in your beans before you cook them you won't get gas."
I gave up on this discipline.
medicine man: Martin High Bear circa 1995
Old 03-12-2018, 09:05 PM
ImthatIm

Altair and all who may care.

King oyster mushroom Pleurotus eryngii

This is a real alternative source of protein.
I do love vegetarians and we worked hard on perfecting farming methods and practices of growing the king oyster.
It is one of the most cost effective mushrooms to grow.
There are other species of mushrooms that can be looked into also that can be adapted in your natural areas. (plug method) and other methods.
They can't however, currently can't be grown on Mars.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:17 PM
ImthatIm

Altair

I came up with a solution on the billions of mostly meat eaters.
We could gather them up and teach them how to assimilate to eating government supplied foods and send them off to government schools.
Oh wait, that one didn't work they went off the reservation.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:32 PM
ImthatIm

Lucky
Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Wait, is that word allowed anymore?
I can't keep up with all the does and don'ts.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Altair....I went back and re-read your post and this stuck out to me the second time as relates to your choice of vegetarianism.

Have you ever been to a farm???
I have been to many farms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Large scale farming wipes out more critters and wipes out more 10's of millions of acres of habitat world wide than anything else we do to feed ourselves.
Indeed it does, and eating meat does significantly more so as it requires not just land for the farm animals to live but also land used to grow their crops (not to mention water). It's the leading cause of deforestation and species' extinction around the globe and has been the main force of destruction for many centuries. Now obviously all non-organic food grown is to some extent detrimental to wildlife, but overall it's quite clear and established fact that diets containing meat are far worse to our environment. If you eat plants and meat you do significantly more damage to the environment and to wildlife. You may hunt, but that brings other issues.. and in any practical sense here (the context being that we're in the billions) is just a niche, so you can't use that.

As for killing animals.. you consciously and willingly choose to kill animals. This is an entirely different thing from a farmer or truck driver that transports food who may hit a badger on the road or hit a mouse with a machine. We have no control over these things. We can limit them by eating organic food, but alas, this is not financially possible for most people to commit to fully. It's an entire different ball game and discussion than the topic of deliberately and willingly killing animals, so it's apples and oranges.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Altar
You stated "We humans have the unique capacity to either drastically destroy and cause suffering or to increase our compassion towards life."
I could not agree more.
I still don't see how this is Lucky 1's fault.
Not sure what you're getting at there.. I made a general observation about human beings..

What Lucky 1 does is his choice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImThatIm
Now I am guessing that you have used and participated benefited in above actions to the suffering and killing of animals.Probably unwittingly. So you seem a bit uncaring and unfocused in your extremism. Your tooth paste and electronics has probably killed or made suffer or stolen habit from more animals then Lucky's grandson's one deer.
I always do find it fascinating to what great lengths meat eaters go to defend meat eating..
Now you're telling me I can't discuss the topic because I ''use toothpaste''..

Fact 1: No human is causing zero harm on the environment.
Fact 2: Some practices cause more harm to the environment, and/or to animals.
Fact 3: Lets compare apples with apples, and oranges with oranges. It's no use to compare meat eating to toothpaste when they're used for different purposes.
Fact 4: Meat eating is the single biggest contributor to deforestation and environmental degradation. Any other issue you came up with pales in comparison. And since sustainable use of resources and land use are fundamental to global stability we do best to look at the biggest issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImThatIm
I have heard it said. Don't judge your brothers back yard until you've judged your own.(Tsung 2018 AD)
You are judging me a lot with your post.. (didn't quote it all because it was too much....)

And you can do that all you want. Fine with me.
Meanwhile, I'll judge as well.. and you aren't going to silence me or shoo me away with that stuff about needing to be a mute.. get real!
Old 03-12-2018, 10:11 PM
ImthatIm

All of our choices kill animals and prevent animal life.Some choices help wildlife. There are those that talk and those that do.Those that are up close to the killing and those that let other people kill and choose to use the products.
All our choices have made extinct many species of plants which may contain cures for illnesses and save life.
All can choose to stop or prevent the killing and habitat destruction of animals unnecessarily. Palm oil has been a cause of many acres of rain forest destruction and killed many animals.I choose not to purchase palm oil products.Natural gas production kills more animals and destroys more habitat then you even know.
I don't really think this is all about what a person can do or chooses to do.
I think many people are apposed to bow hunting and have nothing better to do than spread your fear here. You think you got Lucky pegged as a conservative and want to give him a hard time.
That's my opinion. I thought this was all about conserving. See what I did there.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Ascender

Lucky is correct. Commercial farming harms the environment far more than hunting and amateur fishing does. Not just animal farming either, the chemicals used in the production of grain, market gardening and orchards. It's not only the fertilizers ending up in the water table but the eradication of insects affects bird life and of course this goes up the food chain affecting other carnivores like foxes. Life and death go together like night and day.