Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-04-2022, 03:09 PM
Master
Are abductions and possessions the result of trauma?

I recently saw a show on television in which a woman believes in crazy things. They also mentioned that she was abused and was later on working in the sex industry. What In find interesting is that different cultures tell stories of different traumas. In many religious cultures, there are claims of demons and devils. In today's America, there are claims of alien abductions. (This is not me saying aliens don't or can't exist, by the way. That's not the point).

But I see no reason to believe aliens with super tech would waste their time kidnapping random people or make funny signs in crop circles. It makes no sense. The show I saw reminded me of a fictional series (Spielberg's Taken) about alien abductions (real in that series..) in which there was also a human character that projected his childhood trauma outwardly and over time he had convinced himself that he was abducted, when in truth he was simply abused in childhood.

Could this be a good explanation for abduction and possession stories in general? Are they childhood traumas that the child externalizes and then the mind grabs whatever fancy is available to replace it with? Maybe that is more bearable also?

I guess what can happen is that a trauma is externalized, but it can't really go away in the real sense, so the mind replaces it with something else. The person's mind grabs stuff from the available culture, basically shopping through mythology, and over time the childhood trauma can become a demonic possession or an alien abduction instead.

Your thoughts???
Old 28-04-2022, 06:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
But I see no reason to believe aliens with super tech would waste their time kidnapping random people or make funny signs in crop circles. It makes no sense. ... Are they childhood traumas that the child externalizes and then the mind grabs whatever fancy is available to replace it with? ...
Regarding alien abductions, this is a tricky area because we are dealing with peoples' personal experiences and we cannot judge what actually happened. Did childhood trauma lead to beliefs in alien abductions or did alien abductions lead to childhood trauma?

John Mack was head of the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School when he began investigating those who claimed to have been abducted by aliens. Initially he believed that they were suffering from mental illness of some sort, but gradually he came to accept that they were describing real experiences.

I am currently reading Facing the Shadow, Embracing the Light: A Journey of Spirit Retrieval and Awakening by Niara Terela Isley, which deals with this very subject. As far as she is concerned her experiences were real, and who am I to say otherwise?

As for why "aliens with super tech would waste their time kidnapping random people", it does seem as these are not random people but they have been specifically chosen. And from the alien perspective there does seem to be a definite purpose to these activities regarding DNA and interbreeding species.

Is it any different to a human scientist conducting experiments on a rabbit? The scientist does so for a definite purpose even if that purpose is beyond the comprehension of the rabbit.

Regarding crop circles, they do seem to be trying to convey some kind of message, even if we don't yet know what that message is. Yes, some may say it is just Doug and Dave with planks of wood and a ball of string, but the obviously man-made crop circles are quite clumsy when compared with the scale and precision of other crop circles, some of which are breath-taking.

And I recently saw a documentary where a pilot was flying a light aircraft low over Southern England, and he then retraced his journey back to base and saw a very large and intricate crop circle in a field which had not been there 30 minutes previously.

It is unfortunate that research into crop circles is left to enthusiastic amateurs because mainstream science does not seem interested. Perhaps the implications of such phenomena are too challenging for many people to accept.

Peace
Old 28-04-2022, 06:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
Your thoughts???

Regarding "trauma" related experiences ... yes, some can be psychologically rooted, but a good number are what we call paranormal. As far as "trauma" related experiences and ET ... intelligence doesn't act like that.
"You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again ... we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one."
Dr Lee Smolin
"It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem."
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Old 29-04-2022, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
I recently saw a show on television in which a woman believes in crazy things. They also mentioned that she was abused and was later on working in the sex industry. .

Your thoughts???

Maybe a few things moving through the whole in this scenario of events.

Fear tends to attract to it fear based models in the world. Trauma unresolved can build imaginings that are very real for the one going through them. The other thing for every cause their is an affect especially with trauma, fear and the creations outside itself.

I think the potential of what you draw to you runs as a transient reflection, so you could possibly find yourself in any time space dimension through the reflection you are creating. So our perceptions and recreation of things to move beyond them dies play out in this world. I can’t say if it plays out in other dimensions. Perhaps it does?

I’ve had terror episodes where I’ve literally created things through that fear that signalled I could be perceiving through many eyes. The eyes of terror and fear created more than necessary to what was really going on.

Our seeing, feeling mode interprets and experiences itself as it sees and feels. What’s real and not within the whole dynamic of experience is really down to the one experiencing.

I know my psyche played incredible imaginary scenes from what just was an intelligence trying to help me, support me.

So I saw directly, there is a fine line between pleasure and pain and what ensued from those things.

Whether the multi dimensional realities that forms the whole plays out the same way in all those realities, I guess that’s possible.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:02 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Could this be a good explanation for abduction and possession stories in general?
It's been said that religion is for those who are afraid to go to hell, and Spirituality is for those that have been there. If we're going to be honest, haven't we all been through our own personals hells and are some of us still there? Life itself can be a very traumatic experience, is this what people mean by 'negative karma'?

Everything in your reality has been processed by the brain in some form or another, including trauma. Trauma is an emotional response to external events, and while the events themselves may be long forgotten the emotional response remains. It's called the Shadow Self, which is a repository of what is often termed as 'negative'. The self always seeks a balance and what can happen is that the issues are externalised in an attempt to resolve them. In cases of trauma what can happen is that the ego can feel threatened and 'retreats', metaphorically, and in severe cases of trauma it can 'collapse' into the self. Childhood experiences are particularly good triggers. Its a survival mechanism. What can happen then is an alter ego, one dissociated from the trauma, can emerge.

This is where alien abductions can emerge from as a reality, it's the self trying to find resolution or balance and an association with an external reality that might possibly explain what the person is feeling.

The other possibility is that the chemicals in the brain may be unbalanced, or there is not enough blood going to the brain - there are many other possibilities as well. So just as Spirituality is real to Spiritual people so alien adduction is real to them. That's also where demons come from, by the way.

History is littered with things that science can't explain, the pyramids in Egypt being one. Cave drawings have been found that look like today's astronauts and many cultures talk of aliens or beings that are other-worldly. The Sumerians and some 494 other cultures across geography and time had the Annunaki or the Shining Ones. There are artefacts that defy science's ability to explain them, from small models of aircraft that are thousands of years old to the pyramids. Not to mention the Mahabarat, it's vimanas and the gods at war with nuclear weapons and phasers.

So yes, there may well be alien abductions but there may also be attention-seekers who don't have much of a life.