Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

View Poll Results: Are you a sceptic of a critic or a Believer
Sceptic 4 30.77%
Critic 1 7.69%
Believer 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-06-2021, 08:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I am not a medium unfortunately but I have had readings where the medium gave actual names, signs and synchronicities throughout my life etc.
one medium even described my house before I'd seen it or bought it.
Those in spirit are just as eager to get in touch with us as we are with them.

I listened to the audio podcast by Andy Byng this evening (link above) where I found it interesting that he made a very similar point to yours. (underlined above) He said something like the desire for communication is just as strong for the spirit as for the sitter.

It's something I hadn't given any thought to before and it makes perfect sense.....
Old 02-07-2021, 11:19 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm not sure I would describe myself as a skeptic/cynic, I just can't seem to marry mediumship with my own personal belief in reincarnation. To me, the soul is on a journey and I can't quite figure out what the benefit would be for a soul to "hang around" communicating with people via mediums instead of moving into a new chapter of a lived experience.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Searcher
I'm not sure I would describe myself as a skeptic/cynic, I just can't seem to marry mediumship with my own personal belief in reincarnation. To me, the soul is on a journey and I can't quite figure out what the benefit would be for a soul to "hang around" communicating with people via mediums instead of moving into a new chapter of a lived experience.

My suggestion, Sammy Searcher, is that you search some more. The link between survival beyond death, life in the world of the spirit, communication via mediumship and further incarnations isn't too difficult when you access the right info.

Beyond that it can get a little more tricky and demanding so join the club - I've been working at that for 37 years.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:37 PM
Newbie ;)

I think that's my point really, I've only come across one theory so far which seems to provide a link and that is that souls often want to communicate during "life between lives". Which makes perfect sense to me. But you're right bobjob, it's finding the material out there that offers more clarity on this which I'll definitely keep searching for!
Old 02-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I think that's my point really, I've only come across one theory so far which seems to provide a link and that is that souls often want to communicate during "life between lives". Which makes perfect sense to me. But you're right bobjob, it's finding the material out there that offers more clarity on this which I'll definitely keep searching for!

I'm not out to promote Spiritualism but it does have a lot to say about survival. There is an abundance of information but scratching about on the web following link after link can be a hiding to nothing. Other means are available and easier. Just consider that the web didn't used to exist yet us oldies still managed to learn by reading books - remember those?

It's not so much that individuals are communicating from their "life between lives" as their simple desire to comfort loved ones, their family and friends still on earth, many of whom may still be grieving.

When you've got your head around that issue you could make your way on to why we might want to reincarnate - have another incarnate life here on earth. Our spirit forms are eternal; we were living elsewhere before we came here and we'll be living elsewhere after we leave this physical plane BUT we may wish to return again to earth to increase the range of our experience of life-in-the-body. That's a subject for consideration away from this thread about mediumship.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for your response bobjob! If you can recommend any reading material on this I'd be really grateful to know where to start.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thanks for your response bobjob! If you can recommend any reading material on this I'd be really grateful to know where to start.

Any of the compilations of teacher/guide's Silver Birch guidance and Q&A sessions..... My personal preference is those authored by Tony Ortzen.

https://www.spiritualtruthfoundation...r-birch-books/

https://www.silverbirchpublishing.co.uk/books.php

Arthur Findlay 'On The Edge Of The Etheric'

None of those are primarily books about Spiritualism but Silver Birch's trance medium, Maurice Barbanell was BIG in the Spiritualist movement and the publisher of 'Psychic News', formerly "the voice of Spiritualism".

So although my ideas have been shaped by the guidance found in these compilations, and although I AM a Spiritualist, there's absolutely no need for anyone else to have anything at all to do with Spiritualism; this guidance has relevance for anybody and everybody should they choose.

Last edited by bobjob : 02-07-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:17 AM
Master

Quote:

What comes to mind for me is that everyone on the other side, or whatever you want to call it, is outside of "time". You can hear this said by a lot of experiencers. Now wrapping your head around that concept might be difficult - it took me a long time. But I think I finally understand a tiny bit of it, and so, if that is true, and they are "outside of time" - (think of the version of Jesus or God taught in the religions, where God or Jesus is "everywhere") wouldn't it make a sort of sense that they could be in two places at once? One, enjoying your company, and two, having a party with their friends?

Now, the reincarnation angle of it can be quite a bit different. I have done a lot of research on my own, and the information is available and out there, and so the conclusions that I have encountered and believe is that our soul, the part of us that is that spark of God, is larger than we can ever imagine, and we are but a "finger" of our soul, and our soul can have many fingers in many pies - i.e. have a number of its fingers incarnate at the same time.

So a belief in that, and that takes some time to wrap your mind around, is we are greater than we will ever really know as "ourself".

It doesn't seem to add anything to your argument that wouldn't we just move on to another life? I think we would, but what about if we are living our reincarnational lives all at the same time? And if time is a construct, in between lives I guess we could chat with our loved ones.

I think I'm still a bit confused :) It is a good question.

Just a thought.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
... ...but what about if we are living our reincarnational lives all at the same time? ... ...
It is both. We reincarnate 5 billion times per second, and we also die 5 billion times per second.

We humans make a differentiation between physical reality and non-physical reality. That helps us focus. That helps us focus in the specific life experience. But non-physical reality, does not make that differentiation. There is no lack of awareness or seperation or limitation, from non-physical point of view.

One is free to experience everything however they want. But the absolute law is that you will never be this here and now person, ever again, for it is unlike any you have ever been before or will ever be like unto it ever again and again and again and again. Here and now, again. Here and now, again. Yet, this is also just a perspective and from another perspective, there is the timeless absolute being, that you are here and now and this you here and now truely is infinite and eternal, but your consciousness just changes perspective, and thus experiences change.

So the idea of "-I- am going to incarnate again" is a very flawed idea. You will always be you. And you are infinite and eternal. Your consciousness can focus "elsewhere". But that "elsewhere" will actually be the same one here and now being. It is just a different perspective and frequency of consciousness, that creates it to be different. And that is why there is so much variety. Because there are infinite consciousness' of infinite frequencies and ever changing, evolving and expanding. But the absolute reality will always be the same, as all is one and one is all.

So if one says I am going to reincarnate, that is true, that frequency of perspective and experience exists. And if one says I am only ever going to be this here and now, that is also true and that frequency of perspective and experience also exists. And you can even experience both at the same time. As being the exact same thing. Like two different sides of the same coin.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
... We reincarnate 5 billion times per second, and we also die 5 billion times per second.....
Ok - this is one of the wildest things I've seen on this forum. 5 billion? C'mon.

So glad to see you more lately, Nameless!:)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru