Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
I have been wondering what could non duality possibly be. Yet alone that there is some concept of non duality that there is a section devoted to it.
We experience a world of form, and the nature of form is limitation. Where there is limitation there is duality.

Pervading all form is formlessness, and the nature of formlessness is limitlessness. Limitless ever-present formlessness is non-duality.

This limitless ever-present formlessness is our own Being. When we know our own Being then we realise that there is just Being everywhere.

And then we realise that form and formlessness co-exist. Duality and non-duality co-exist. The paradox is that non-duality cannot recognise non-duality, so recognition of non-duality requires a state of duality. That which is everywhere cannot perceive itself. It can only be perceived by that which is somewhere.

Peace
Old 11-06-2021, 08:53 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
In a way it's whatever you want it to be . No-one has got jurisdiction or the monopoly of what it means . It's made up as a concept but for many it refers to there is no separation that exists even within individual experience but the waters muddy when peeps think it refers to One entity fundamentally, which then personalises God or what you are prior to experiencing individuality ....
This kinda sums up Philosophy and the way I see non-duality as.
This also refers back to what I commented on about conviction in a underlining way.

Philosophy, in a way is to attempt to understand or to seek that which is unknown without actually knowing.

Belief, which involves a conviction of knowing something even if it's unknown to some or refused by some. In that one should be able to express, explain, or show. Or else it's like having Blind Faith in something.

As I mentioned in my OP since there is a section devoted to non-duality as there is some form of set belief in non-duality. If there is an actual belief in it I am interested in learning about it.
I'm not knocking nor wanting to ridcule anyone's idea of non-duality. I think the belief of Duality is very good and important. And the philosophical idea's of non-duality as well.

Philosophy is becoming a lost art and has became like a underground way of thought..outcasted.
Let's take Psychology for example when it branched and disowned the way of Philosophy and took on the Scientific approach. It has created a disdain casualty to the human race.
Now instead of thinking they know, Psychology act's as if they know. And sweep their mistakes under the rug with the denial within Psychology today. But the human race suffer's from this ill sickened belief that Psychology holds onto ans forces people to believe. Mostly to blind faith of science.
Carl Jung was probably one of the last profound person in Psychology that kept his passion for Philosophy and blended that with a scientific approach. Of course most people think he was some spiritual, metaphysical, or what have you person. Due to Freud's slander campaign that still works to this day, props to Freud though.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:59 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Simply - there was never, is never and won't be ever 2 of anything.
There is Only One, m'dear sis.
We appear to be separate. We appear to be many. We seem to have individualized souls. But, nope....
Now, this I can see as a way to express what non-duality might be,
which is also the closest way I have came close to forming an idea of non-duality.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:13 PM
JustASimpleGuy

There's no satisfactory answer outside of analogy and that's dualistic because of the nature of mind.

We can say things like "Earth, Sun, Moon and stars revolve inside me" or "I am everything and everything is Me" or "It's the waking equivalent of a lucid dream".

It's a subjective "knowing" or realization that's frustratingly impossible to relate and even to reconcile within one's own mind because of its very nature. LOL!

In the end each of us has to "know" It through our own deep inner exploration and even one tiny glimpse into That reality is beyond profound.

If I had to recommend two practices that would be a good starting point to facilitate that "knowing" they would be:

1 - Techniques that facilitate Awareness of Awareness (a meditation path).
2 - Teachings that elucidate the significance of that Awareness (a knowledge path).
Old 11-06-2021, 11:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
As we stand, recognising that we are ourselves divided between head and heart, it is easy to accept that we would be qualified to know the truth about non-duality only after we first meld head with heart, in resonance with higher octaves of the vibration of love (compassion & purity of being). Then we will ‘know’ as opposed to ‘conceptualising’.

Otherwise, we can keep debating endlessly.

How to meld head with heart? Feel. Don’t think. Choose connecting instead of grasping.
I do like the way you see things.
If I may, creating and building that bridge between Heart and Mind. Is a multiplexity design, an unfortunately so many believe that they are where they want to be or should be. Instead of where they need to be or could be....so one is lead to believe there is no need for such a bridge or incapable to build it on there own.

Deabting, I am sad to hear that you believe this is a debate. That does seem to be the social norm now though. In which as ties together in a underlining way again from my previous comment. About how Philosophy is dying as an way of thinking. Anyone who believes they are having a discussion within Philosophy and it's nothing but a argumentative debate. Is far far from the heart of philosophy.

As your name in a way points towards the Tao, I am sure you can feel what I mean.
Also the world needs bridge maker's, the demand is plenty and the supply is so few.
Old 11-06-2021, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Simply - there was never, is never and won't be ever 2 of anything.
There is Only One, m'dear sis.
We appear to be separate. We appear to be many....
Did you experience ‘it’ only once, and is that enough, or do you wish to experience it again? Could someone experience it always? Was it related to a kundalini experience?
Old 11-06-2021, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Did you experience ‘it’ only once, and is that enough, or do you wish to experience it again?
Could someone experience it always? Was it related to a kundalini experience?
Oh my, you're making me reminisce...thank you! No, not just once - no kundalini involved.
I'd say if my heart, mind and soul wanted to exp it more I would buckle down and sit more
often in long meditation!!!!
Alas ---just being content and Practicing the Presence, acknowledging God in all my ways, satisfies me too much!!
Funny how we are truly all One - yet, I love the role of lover and Beloved.
I mean that's why I am a separate soul...for the Divine Romance.

(Btw, there is NO difference between yourself and me and an enlightened yogi!
All it takes is a sincere desire in the heart ...
a wonderfully focused, burning, exquisite desire.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-06-2021, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Oh my, you're making me reminisce...thank you! No, not just once - no kundalini involved.
I'd say if my heart, mind and soul wanted to exp it more I would buckle down and sit more
often in long meditation!!!!
Alas ---just being content and Practicing the Presence, acknowledging God in all my ways, satisfies me too much!!...
You’re welcome!

Nice for you. I am not content, and it’s my ‘focused, burning, exquisite desire’ that keeps me looking for more, specifically, to have greater connection between my normal mind and my higher Self.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:29 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
We experience a world of form, and the nature of form is limitation. Where there is limitation there is duality.

Pervading all form is formlessness, and the nature of formlessness is limitlessness. Limitless ever-present formlessness is non-duality. ....
Define form?
Because form it's self is ever-changing the form of nature, the form of though, the form of life. Just as Evolution teaches us that form can be limitless. For those who as God Like put it if your thin and never seen or heard of a fat person Will the thin person limit there thinking or understand that thinking can be limitless? {Yes I said it}
So close minded thinking can't recognize open minded thinking. And vise versa.

This begs me to think what is to recognize? Is recognition required to be real or true.
Which now leads me to think of does a tree make a noise when falls idea or Schrodinger's cat idea. Does this imply that co-existing is also just an idea of recognizing in order to be real or true. Yet, the very notion of co-exist implies recognition of two separate existence. And in order to recognize two existence. One has to recognize that One exist then recognize that another One exist. Which brings coexistence of 2.

Does this mean that your saying the paradox is just an illusion that trap's existence in perpetual state of confusion caused by what is real in comparison to what one think's or believe's is real. So in this train of thought is recognition the answer or problem or both?
Old 12-06-2021, 12:36 AM
Being a Mod - I had to go back and shorten the quotes.
And sorry, had no idea Matty was a guy's name.
I guess I was thinking Maddy, Madeline, dah.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru