Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-07-2021, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
This is excellent, this is wisdom Brings to mind an Adyashanti quote: 'The intelligent mind realises its own limitation, and it's a beautiful thing when it does'.
(Mind you, I remember when I realised the limitations of my own mind, it didn't feel very beautiful - far from it, it felt like a shattering blow. Though that's only because I didn't realise that there's an intelligence that's far greater than the thinking mind.)
You're my kind of person.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-07-2021, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
What I find with all of them is they seem to me very organic because they don't require fabrication of an object to attend,
I think that gets to the point: no requirement of fabrication, and all the approaches you mentioned are of that nature, which is antithetical to imagined objects such as a mantra and willful control such as timed/counted/regulated breathing. It's fine though. The latter willful approaches have their purposes and benefits such as pranayama, learning astral travel or something else, but one should understand how the desire motivation of them can become an issue....
Old 18-07-2021, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You're my kind of person.
Bless you
Old 18-07-2021, 11:33 AM
Master
Gotta admit. I liked this guy. Well spoken. (29) Developing Purity of Mind – A Course in Meditation – Lesson 6.3 - YouTube

It took me a while to get around to watching, but thanks for recommendation.
Old 18-07-2021, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That's how one develops a focused and concentrated mind, by continually failing attending (focus) and then continually returning to attending.
Thanks for sharing. Einstein recommended this method aswell. It beautifully simply works.
Old 18-07-2021, 05:49 PM
Master
QUOTE 810 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
This is excellent, this is wisdom Brings to mind an Adyashanti quote: 'The intelligent mind realises its own limitation, and it's a beautiful thing when it does'.

I that Adyashanti quote and it's worth repeating: "The intelligent mind realises its own limitation, and it's a beautiful thing when it does".
Old 18-07-2021, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I that Adyashanti quote and it's worth repeating: "The intelligent mind realises its own limitation, and it's a beautiful thing when it does".
He's right, it really is a beautiful thing when it does
Old 19-07-2021, 02:48 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
@ Zinnat....
Thank you for the time you spend on this Thread, your Posts are insightful.
Thanks for appreciation.

Time is not much an issue for me because now i do not have any permanent kind of job or business. I almost live a retired life and only do some trading in the stock market from home as that is my passion since young age. Rest of my times is spent in reading, writing and TV.

Secondly, i am in the process of writing a book on this very subject so conservations like we had in this thread help me to understand what readers think and expect on the subject.

with love,
sanjay
Old 19-07-2021, 03:08 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
But we live in 'This world' In Buddhism according to Scriptures it is not 'Desires' that cause the problem it's the 'Craving' to fulfill our desires that cause the suffering.
The Metta Sutra is a desire for all sentient beings to be happy etc:. Desires used skilfully are beneficial to yourself and others.
Why did The Buddha teach, because He had a 'Desire' to help others as I presume the Goenka Man did
That is a very important point which we mostly tend to miss and declayer mind or desire as outright evil. let me repeat here what i have been said in the thread.

Mind is evil but a necessary evil. The mind, no matter how much mischievous it may be, it is the only tool which can lead one to enlightenment. Remember that the consciousness, being the part of the ultimate reality, is always enlightened but being a passive entity, it cannot realize its reality on its own. It is only mind which can enable consciousness to realize its true nature. And, in due course, mind also learns how much active it should have been to be forever in the state of enlightenment.

I will discuss this issue later in the thread also.

with love,
sanjay

Last edited by zinnat : 20-07-2021 at 03:08 AM.
Old 19-07-2021, 03:23 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
The intellect can get one to the point where one realizes that the intellect is not sufficient for liberation ... and then one can go beyond intellect.
I never forgot Pir Vilayat Khan's statement many years ago that "The ego is very important ... until one no longer needs it". Similarly, the intellect is very important ... until one no longer needs it.
i do not know much about Mr Khan but judging from what he said, he seems to be a wise and knowledgeable person. The point is everything is important and necessary too but only up to a certain point. And, one must be aware what way is required at a given point and when it should be discarded.

That is why i have kept repeating that in initial phase, it is only volition which would work but after tenth door, one must switch to non volition.

with love,
sanjay