Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-04-2021, 06:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I was never away to now be (quote) "around again". Nonetheless I'm pleased it's good for you......

Haha oops I’m sorry. Glad you were here all the time
Old 01-05-2021, 06:31 PM
Experiencer
Original Guide

i was a sickly child when i was younger i suffered from unknown problems no doctor could find out what i was suffering from apart from lack of iron in my body i was 12year old which was called a secondary modern school in those days for a year or two from that age id feel queezy or sickly like a feelings of non existence to feel better id try to stay were there was a lot of fresh air one school session i sat by a window the sun was shining
but it was not hot or even warm that day i wanted to open the window but the teacher would not let me open the window a short time into the class period i started feeling sick and faint i tried to get to the school classroom door as i could feel myself drifting into unconsciouness i was fighting it at the same time
but it was no use so i surrendered and thought this is it everything went totally black i thought id died then all of a sudden as if like magic this red indian chief appeared before me face only screaming at me
i could not understand what he was saying but his eyes were bulging and glaring at me all of a sudden i woke to the real world the school kids were laughing at me the teacher looked confused and
was talking to me but i could not hear him at first when i became fully conscious i asked the teacher what had gone on and why the school kids were laughing at me, he paused and said nothing
at first he must have thought i was pretending to get out of class. i
said to him look i dont remember anything between the period of time you saw me acting that way i was up until now i was not lucid, he said brian you were talking in slow motion and moving very very slowly
i was sent to the nurse but she could find nothing wrong with me. this was not the first time i saw a guide or angel the last time was when i was nearly four years old

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-05-2021 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 28-05-2021, 10:55 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I haven't had much success connecting with my spirit guide(s). I am told I have them, but when I do try and connect I am not sure if it is the guide talking or me. I suppose if it's your spirit guide, then you would definitely know for sure.
Old 28-05-2021, 02:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1
I haven't had much success connecting with my spirit guide(s). I am told I have them, but when I do try and connect I am not sure if it is the guide talking or me. I suppose if it's your spirit guide, then you would definitely know for sure.

There's a lot of misunderstanding over what guides are or what they do. And connecting with 'em isn't as simple - or as obvious/certain - as some would make out.
Old 28-05-2021, 02:46 PM
Master

Hii bobjob,

Can you clear some of this confusion? Would be glad to hear your perspective on guides.
Old 28-05-2021, 05:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii bobjob,

Can you clear some of this confusion? Would be glad to hear your perspective on guides.

Sorry but I've stepped back from all that stuff. I'm sure others will be able to help you though.
Old 28-05-2021, 05:34 PM
Master

Thanks still bobjob. For letting me know and your time.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:49 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quodsi
But, are spirit guides independantly conscious entities or not. Because, if my expectations give them life, it simply means that I communicate with myself and not an independent conscious being.
What colour is consciousness? How high is it, how wide? And would it look better with stripes or stars?

No they're not silly questions, they're trying to illustrate that the mind simply can't grasp consciousness itself because consciousness is so far beyond the mind. In mediumship there's a saying - "All Spirits are thirty-five years old." Of course Spirit doesn't have an age but by looking thirty-five years old Spirit conveys the consciousness that they are in the 'prime of their existence' just like being thirty-five is being in the prime of our Lives.

You expectations don't give them Life, your expectations help create how you perceive them. Call it a mental picture if you like, in the way you create a mental picture of people you regularly interact with in these forums. Spirit Guides are not archetypes though, while the conscious mind perceives them in much the same way archetypes are internal (either personal or collective) and Spirit Guides are external. However, both are 'representations' of consciousness.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1
To use words that are a little inadequate but being all there is....

If you take a step back from your thoughts and mental processes you might find that they vibrate at a certain frequency, and they'll give you a certain feeling. What that feeling is will be entirely personal so you'll just have to find it for yourself. If you are connecting with your Spirit Guide the feeling should be very different, it might come from a different part of your body - gut feeling or heartstrings being pulled, for instance - or feel like a very different frequency of vibration. it's all about the vibrations and how you personally experience them, but what you're looking for is difference. Take your time and 'bask in the feeling', that'll help you become used to it and it'll be easier to distinguish with practice.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:30 AM
Administrator
A spirit Guide can show themselves in a variety of ways, for myself i see them standing in front of me.
others see them in dreams for others they get a sudden urge to do something that they were not planning on doing and they see a benefit from it. that is your guide urging you on.

Some say its the same as your instincts and in a way it is. but your instincts come from deep within yourself.
or as others say your gut instincts.

Everyone has a spirit guide just as everyone has a Guardian Angel. they look over us but they dont interfere unless they need to.

Namaste