Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-03-2021, 09:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Any way to Reincarnate & retain your identity/consciousness & choose your human body?

I like it here on Earth. Is there any way, feel free to suggest books or article links to reincarnate and retain your identity and consciousness and choose your human body?
Old 11-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanttoBelieve
I like it here on Earth. Is there any way, feel free to suggest books or article links to reincarnate and retain your identity and consciousness and choose your human body?

Whatever you read about here in this dimension will be lost when your memory is lost on your body's death. You just might record some of it in your psyche and that memory will be accessible after your passing. BUT you should consider that after your corporeal death, after your spiritual form is liberated, you'll find you know more than you know now.

Choosing a further life and a physical body are things we all do when we are ready for a new incarnation.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:42 PM
What bobjob said. :)

I like it here just fine, also, WanttoBelieve! And have no driving interest in 'not coming back' anymore, btw.
I feel, now, "Whatever" ---I trust the brilliant System established like a well oiled machine!
Here, there - what difference does it make it's all perfect and for my growth!
Plus, God, Whom I love, is with us always.

So glad you were ok with recommendations!

Recently, I have found research done by Rob Schwartz to be fabulous . I'm happy I bought one of his books.
I chose, "Your Soul's Gift - The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born".
What excellent research pulling together remarkable people with remarkable abilities.
Now, if someone didn't wanna spend the $ - He has been interviewed many times on Youtubes.
I have come to really like him and just his easy voice and certainly his humble, patience.

I, myself, am one of those odd people that has had profound 'visions' or remarkable recollections of some past
scenes from diff lives - oh my- (I laugh and am humbled, a bit sheepish - only because I have been SUCH a slow learner-
like stuck in a Star Trek Loop!)
I have certainly retained 'me', tho ... just diff times and bodies, diff situations to finally 'get' some things and move on! Ha.
To what?
Overcoming obstacles that hang ya up from real progress in love, wisdom, knowledge - confidence and
realization of our innate power - ie, Self-realization...and more.

(Btw, we really do agree to the plan of this life with the guidance of many on the Other Side...I had a remembrance of that, also!
And wow!
Changed my whole opinion of my terribly mean father!

People that are sickly or in poverty here, often don't believe they could ever have chosen a life this way...but actually,
very high people can chose to take on such difficulties here -to advance and overcome so much. Brave, strong souls !)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-03-2021, 12:53 PM
Master
There is a story, one of the so called ascended masters came into one life with all his memories of all life times intact, and it is said, in this life time he ended up in a mental institution. Perhaps to much to handle if there is any truth to it?
Old 11-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
*excerpt* ---There is a story, one of the so called ascended masters came into one life with all his memories of all life times intact....
Ah yes, - it would be a good time to mention Paramahansa Yogananda, a huge meditator remembering past lives -
(that's prob what allowed me to be open to them, who knows).
He rem'd being a yogi in other lives in the Himalayas.
Yet, one as a single mother of many in poverty was the life he learned the most!
Mainly, how to trust in God!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Whatever you read about here in this dimension will be lost when your memory is lost on your body's death. You just might record some of it in your psyche and that memory will be accessible after your passing. BUT you should consider that after your corporeal death, after your spiritual form is liberated, you'll find you know more than you know now.

Why would memory be lost when the physical body dies? Is memory actually stored in the physical brain - I doubt it.

Why would we know more after the body dies than we know now? Yes, we may find ourselves in a new environment which we need to adapt to, but simply shedding the physical body does not immediately confer greater knowledge. There is still much learning to be done.

Peace
Old 11-03-2021, 06:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Are you saying that you want to reincarnate as exactly the same personality? The personality is a temporary expression for this particular lifetime, and will be discarded at some stage in the after-death process.

Consciousness remains constant, so we naturally retain the same consciousness. You are fortunate to like it here on Earth, but bear in mind that you may choose very different life-lessons and experiences in any future incarnations.

Peace
Old 11-03-2021, 06:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Why would memory be lost when the physical body dies? Is memory actually stored in the physical brain - I doubt it.
At least some memory appears to be stored in the physical brain based on its loss due after brain injury or surgery. It also appears to be the case with loss due to dementia. But it also appears certain that other parts of our memories are linked to our psyche.
Quote:
Why would we know more after the body dies than we know now?

Quote:
Yes, we may find ourselves in a new environment which we need to adapt to, but simply shedding the physical body does not immediately confer greater knowledge. There is still much learning to be done.
Peace
Well we actually have knowledge now coming from what we've experienced/learned in past times but while we're living in-the-body we're not able to access it. You're absolutely right it's not the shedding of our current body that confers knowledge on us.

I should have said the same but for brevity I kept my earlier response brief.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Actually that is what seems to happen by some accounts ...

When this-awake-you dies, it will be put on a shelf like a closed dvd, and your focus will return to the entity that incarnated as you. You'll experience about the same feeling you have now when waking up form a dream.

This-awake-you is the dream-character of that entity's dream like experience. This-awake-you doesn't reincarnate, it retains its identity and life history, like a character from your dream.

Surely, there is a physical brain memory as much as there is a dream-character brain memory ... :)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the recommendation. Will check the book out., "Your Soul's Gift - The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born"

Last edited by WanttoBelieve : 12-03-2021 at 12:27 AM.