Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-06-2021, 12:10 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
I know of countless numbers whom are in and out of hospital -and are given a false diagnoses...they end up claiming clinic negligence- the amount of paper work involved to get a claim because they are on medication and under a false profile... They end up forgotten and abused. - Defiantly clinical negligence!!
So all those people who claim their diagnosis is false, how much do they actually know about psychiatry?
Old 20-06-2021, 12:20 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
My guess would be that there are few mental-illness practitioners who are also knowledgeable at a similar level about psychic/spiritual matters and able to distinguish one from the other when treating an individual in distress.
Here's what so many simply refuse to understand - Spirituality is based on your framework of mental health. Most practitioners aren't really interested in whether someone is Spiritual or not, and for most part they'll accept a person's beliefs. What they're more interested in is where those beliefs are formed, how they come to be formed and how the person is using them. If I had a mental health issue and I told the shrink I was sane/immune because I was Spiritual I'd deserve to be locked up.

There are differences between being psychic and having mental health issues, and a decent psychic would be able to tell psychic from something else. I think you could because of your understanding.

I've also talked to people who had severe mental health issues that had been told by supposed experts that they were mediums - and in this forum. Sometimes hearing voices and seeing 'beings' is not mediumship at all but mental health.
Old 20-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Here's what so many simply refuse to understand - Spirituality is based on your framework of mental health. ...
Sometimes hearing voices and seeing 'beings' is not mediumship at all but mental health.

Hearing voices and seeing 'beings' may be a mental health issue or it may be that such people are very sensitive to the non-physical. Such phenomena is quite common in the hypnagogic state, whatever our mental health. But psychiatry does not take non-physical planes into consideration.

You say that "Spirituality is based on your framework of mental health." It is not that we refuse to understand. Maybe we simply don't agree with your perspective.

Peace
Old 22-06-2021, 05:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hearing voices and seeing 'beings' may be a mental health issue or it may be that such people are very sensitive to the non-physical. Such phenomena is quite common in the hypnagogic state, whatever our mental health. But psychiatry does not take non-physical planes into consideration.
Such phenomena is also common when you're a clairsentient medium like me. And no, psychiatry doesn't take non-physical planes into consideration because that is not what psychiatry is all about. Psychiatry is about mental health.

You can agree or not with my perspective, you once said that Spirituality asks the deeper questions but personally I don't find that to be true at all. So where does your beliefs come from? If you want to do 'deeper', then I'd like to explore that.

But frankly, I've heard these kinds of tactics before and they don't carry any weight with me. I you want to think you're beyond psychological frameworks be my guest, but I won't be paying any attention.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-06-2021 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 23-06-2021, 07:39 PM
Master

Quote:
If you want to think you're beyond psychological frameworks be my guest, but I won't be paying any attention.

The spiritual journey includes increasing self-awareness which involves understanding the psychological nature of the personality.

If we sit for long hours in meditation we become very familiar with our mental and emotional patterns, our tendencies, our fears, our desires. Meditation shines a light on all the dark recesses of our personality, including those aspects which were once below the threshold of consciousness. As we observe ourselves in daily living we gain insight into what motivates our behaviour and we see our own personality patterns reflected in those around us.

We also realise that we are just the witness observing it all. Our psychological make-up is just a collection of patterns of expression - they are not our identity. Whatever we have experienced in life is just the story of the personality, not the story of who we are.

Conscious awareness in each moment has no psychological framework. It is simply present.

Peace
Old 24-06-2021, 07:58 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Our psychological make-up is just a collection of patterns of expression - they are not our identity.
If you understood your psychological make-up you'd understand that it creates your reality - "Just a collection" is the differentiated consciousness of the ego at work, differentiating between the Spiritual and the psychological and creating the inference of the status of superiority and the negation of inferiority. It's judgement of the ego. Identification is a word also of the ego and identification with what one believes themselves to be is dissociative, not Spiritual.

The ego is the sense of I am.

Spirituality is the "What?" and psychology is the "How?"

Last edited by Greenslade : 24-06-2021 at 09:31 AM.
Old 24-06-2021, 10:04 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
If you understood your psychological make-up you'd understand that it creates your reality - "Just a collection" is the differentiated consciousness of the ego at work, differentiating between the Spiritual and the psychological and creating the inference of the status of superiority and the negation of inferiority. It's judgement of the ego. Identification is a word also of the ego and identification with what one believes themselves to be is dissociative, not Spiritual....

Way to go!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-06-2021 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 24-06-2021, 05:06 PM
Master
What I find fascinating is the relation between spirituality and sense deprivation as well as starvation. If you deprive yourself of light and visual variety, like in an isolated cell, you go loopy. If you starve yourself you can also go loopy. Perhaps you also go loopy if you haven't had an orgasm for months or years.

Now some would say all of this leads to genuine spiritual experiences, but I have my doubts. Jesus, Elijah, Moses, Buddha, and many religious ascetics have starved themselves and deprived themselves sensually. For weeks, perhaps months, with some deprivations perhaps even decades. You can starve yourself and you start ''seeing'' or ''hearing'' things. In this light, it could be that some paths are deliberately seeking health decline, in the hope of achieving a connection with something beyond human. But is it really? And where do we draw the line and believe it is or isn't genuine?

I don't have the answers, just putting that here. It's a large (and I think a grey) field.
Old 24-06-2021, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
So all those people who claim their diagnosis is false, how much do they actually know about psychiatry?
Some times it's not about psychiatric relations than the phychiatric retaliation one has with the selfs- the point conclude

A health person -whom has returning harassments by the doctor - claming it has schizophrenia to the real realities that are relative by negation...

A person whom is spiritually aware- negations by practice ( has a fault marker by the psychiatric doctor

A person whom has Heath concerns- psychiatric referred the op.

All have something in common( someone at random is likely to understand or have the same education in a text realistic as a normal routine health check..that a psychiatric doctor has: Apart from the op whom has realistic problems from the one that's spiritually inclined referring from the op that's been caught up in the ransom.. Each would know if they are hearing or seeing things that don't give a higher awarness and the awarness is a higher altercation and manifest of magic-

of the study of it being and tolerant let - most people sweep it under the carpet that there's an altercation between the avartar and it being in the realm of magic or 'stuff' -if you study symmetry :one has the conclusion the conclusion is a manifestation of something in the account- it's because 'life' apparently turns out like this- but when one needs something they are all-to-ready to understand what 'let' is or what it 'being' is... These are fundamental to the avartar growing and sustaining while the obstaint is obstating the far-reacher declines and is coursed through the 'know-to-well' function...

What I'm saying is when it gets tough via decline of stagnation with the functions of a healthy being practising account - social groups tend to pool because it's become the norm..when the truth is: one has personal power and keys for everything; just being alive and warranting a warrant with death , it's self- has an unconditional bond with the op(saying to reach, achieve death one must have a steady set of keys( when socially the interaction is illiterate or intolerant the Decline is seen in symmetry and social values: psychiatric doctors including...there's a pattern and it's all to easy-followed...when someone mentions they had an experience( away from another's horizon ; it would be hard to relate- but 'apparently' it gets even harder to relate-that's just inconsiderate to the realist that's real with the clauses of temperament in a socially justified -centred -peer group or a sentiment for the value system which one holds in relations to having an experience or not finding the regarding attachments that value the tolarant groups of fundamentalists that to thrive in it doctoring to it being and having far -fewer more experiences than someone else in the same peer group...

Any of the ops - could fall in these margins or sub-groups.

Society has a way of sweeping magic under the rug-

Leaving the alternative out in the cold!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 24-06-2021, 09:53 PM
Master

Quote:
If you understood your psychological make-up you'd understand that it creates your reality - "Just a collection" is the differentiated consciousness of the ego at work, differentiating between the Spiritual and the psychological and creating the inference of the status of superiority and the negation of inferiority. It's judgement of the ego. Identification is a word also of the ego and identification with what one believes themselves to be is dissociative, not Spiritual.

The ego is the sense of I am.

Spirituality is the "What?" and psychology is the "How?"

Your ideas about spirituality and how it relates to psychology are very different from mine. Never mind, it is not important.

Peace