Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-06-2021, 09:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
My god, we must be all crazy then. Science does not support us or validate spiritual existence.
It depends on the person you are talking to but usually mental health professionals will acknowledge that people with mental health issues may well be Spiritual or religious. The biggest issue is the beliefs people have because they've slapped the 'I am Spiritual' label on their foreheads. What many don't realise is that from a professional perspective anything that is contrary to a person's own reality has a detrimental effect on them, so telling someone who is deeply invested in Spirituality that Spirituality is a nonsense immediately puts them into a stance of non-acceptance of treatment. Some Spiritual people use Spirituality as an escape or downright denial because nobody wants to think they're a head case.

And sometimes Spirituality IS a mental health issue, they come from the same areas of the brain and it's sometimes difficult to distinguish which is what.

No, science wouldn't validate Spirituality because few supposedly self-aware Spiritual people have the first clue about where their beliefs come from. Sometimes beliefs are not beliefs at all but destructive cognitive behaviour and obvious results of personality aberrations.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPM71
It really doesn't matter is spirituality real or not. Lots of ill people believe it is and if its just a coping mechanism it could be a road to cure for lots of issues for some people. Therapist going with "truth" of a patient and being their guide on "a journey" is no different then a "spirit guide" or "a Shaman".
It matters if Spirituality is real to the person who thinks they are Spiritual, that's about people creating their own realities. And 'the truth' is relative to one's own agenda. At the end of the day this is what the argument between mental health and Spirituality is all about. What people don't understand is that their mental health - regardless of its condition - underpins Spirituality. Spirituality is not based on Spirituality, Spirituality is 'processed' by the unconscious and later on we become conscious of the end result. If your head is screwed up then your Spirituality will reflect that.

As far as the professionals are concerned Spirituality is a belief system and a 'layer' on top of a psychological framework, they're not interested in beliefs they're interested in what and how those beliefs are created. All self-aware people should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPM71
Same as exorcism, does it really matter how you define nature of an issue? Is it just a psychological internalization of a patient that leads to cathartic resolution or demons exist like a real separate entity? From a perspective of a patient only important thing is finding a cure. In the west they just give everyone a pill and that in most cases doesn't cure a thing it just masks effects.
If an exorcism is just a psychological internalisation then yes it does matter, because what can happen is that it can escalate into people getting hurt. "The demons made me pick up a gun and shoot those non-believers in the mall." Exorcism isn't necessarily a cure but if someone believes it strongly enough then it's a cure for them.
Old 11-06-2021, 11:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It matters if Spirituality is real to the person who thinks they are Spiritual, that's about people creating their own realities. And 'the truth...........ose non-believers in the mall." Exorcism isn't necessarily a cure but if someone believes it strongly enough then it's a cure for them.

There isn't a 'Like' button but I totally agree.
Old 11-06-2021, 11:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It depends on ..............l but destructive cognitive behaviour and obvious results of personality aberrations.

Old 11-06-2021, 11:31 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Here: For Greenslade:⭐⭐⭐

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-06-2021, 09:56 PM
Administrator
I happen to agree

Namaste
Old 13-06-2021, 12:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Ithey come from the same areas of the brain and it's sometimes difficult to distinguish which is what.
That's interesting i have mental health issues and consider my
self spiritually inclined.
As for doctors and psychiatrists i
suppose its in there rule book
not to talk about such things.
And also not talk about things like alternative herbal/ natural medicines.

in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 13-06-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Old 13-06-2021, 08:27 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Here: For Greenslade:⭐⭐⭐
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I happen to agree
Thank you thank you, you're a wonderful audience and I think I Love you.
Old 13-06-2021, 08:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
That's interesting i have mental health issues and consider my
self spiritually inclined.
As for doctors and psychiatrists i
suppose its in there rule book
not to talk about such things.
And also not talk about things like alternative herbal/ natural medicines.

Spirituality and science are two very different beasties and two very different trains of thought. Spirituality is the "What?" and science is the "How?" while psychology provides the framework upon which Spirituality is based on.

Here's something that not many people seem to understand. Jung's understanding of the self and the ego is based on Advaita Vedanta teachings, his model of the self is mooted to be based on the Atman but personally I think Atman is the psyche. His model of the ego is based on Ahamkara but you have to understand the difference between Eastern and Western thinking to understand that properly. Chitta means 'lower mind' and that's close enough to the unconscious. The Right Thinking of the Eightfold Path is constructive cognitive behaviour.

Doctors aren't much interested in beliefs, especially where mental health issues are concerned - what they're interested in is where those beliefs come from. If you have mental health issues and you use your being Spiritual as a case for being 'normal' or 'immune' to such things that's denial and not very constructive for you, because your mental health issues go untreated. In this case being Spiritual is destructive rather than constructive. What you end up with is a complex that 'drives' your Spirituality.

Spiritually mental health issues are interesting because for one thing it shows that "We create our own reality" is true and gives us a pragmatic understanding of the "How?" We should talk about the connections between mental health issues and Spirituality because they are interlinked - because your issues are a part of your reality.
Old 13-06-2021, 11:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Spirituality and science are two very different beasties and two very different trains of thought. Spirituality is the "What?" and s...........about the connections between mental health issues and Spirituality because they are interlinked - because your issues are a part of your reality.

I don't want to sound sycophantic but again 'Like' - I'm awed by your insight!