Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 09-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
I understand that you experienced that feeling of love. I did experience it in one of my first obe's. I wonder how did you learned that "unconditional love is the most important thing there is"? Did anybody tell you so? You just knew it?

Anything that came to me seemed to come from within. I asked no questions because there was no one there to answer. Yet, I didn't feel lonely in the least, instead I felt a level of joy and intense state of being I'd never experienced in this life. I knew beyond a line of trees was something so wonderful. I tried to go there but couldn't, that's when I learned I couldn't pass that point because it wasn't time for me to. That was when I saw all the ills of this life, how the vast majority of people become so wrapped up in selfishness, most of them not because they're "evil", but because that's just the way this life operates, that even though love happens for family and partners, the genuine concern for others is ignored in favor of selfish pursuits. It's unconditional love that can change that. I was saddened and disappointed in how humankind came to that at this point, and so much didn't want to come back to this when I learned I had to return. But it wasn't my choice to make...so here I am.

I've read other NDE stories where it's been expressed that if people would practice unconditional love this life could be a paradise. And because of my experience I know that's so true.

(Lol...when I came back into this body I opened my eyes and saw the EMT who revived me. Despite his intense efforts to "save my life" I thought to myself "doggone it, why'd you have to bring me back to this?").

I've never had an OBE...don't really want to because I know what comes next so I'll wait until my body finally gives out...and I do hope it's soon. But I'm happy for those who want to have an OBE and can achieve that. I don't doubt they're much the same as a NDE.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Anything that came to me seemed to come from within. I asked no questions because there was no one there to answer. Yet, I didn't feel lonely in the least, instead I felt a level of joy and intense state of being I'd never experienced in this life. I knew beyond a line of trees was something so wonderful. I tried to go there but couldn't, that's when I learned I couldn't pass that point because it wasn't time for me to. That was when I saw all the ills of this life, how the vast majority of people become so wrapped up in selfishness, most of them not because they're "evil", but because that's just the way this life operates, that even though love happens for family and partners, the genuine concern for others is ignored in favor of selfish pursuits. It's unconditional love that can change that. I was saddened and disappointed in how humankind came to that at this point, and so much didn't want to come back to this when I learned I had to return. But it wasn't my choice to make...so here I am.

I've read other NDE stories where it's been expressed that if people would practice unconditional love this life could be a paradise. And because of my experience I know that's so true.

(Lol...when I came back into this body I opened my eyes and saw the EMT who revived me. Despite his intense efforts to "save my life" I thought to myself "doggone it, why'd you have to bring me back to this?").

I've never had an OBE...don't really want to because I know what comes next so I'll wait until my body finally gives out...and I do hope it's soon. But I'm happy for those who want to have an OBE and can achieve that. I don't doubt they're much the same as a NDE.
Thanks. Your feelings of love describe very much what I was feeling during that obe. At the time, I was just in that present, I had no thought about anything else. In my case, there was a being radiating that love. I just laid down by her side absolutely happy and carefree.

Differently from you, I don't believe that trying to practice "unconditional love" here, in physical, is what we're supposed to learn or do, because of the karmic implications.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:

Mardav, that is so beautiful. What you wrote brings tears to my eyes.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Thanks. Your feelings of love describe very much what I was feeling during that obe. At the time, I was just in that present, I had no thought about anything else. In my case, there was a being radiating that love. I just laid down by her side absolutely happy and carefree.

Differently from you, I don't believe that trying to practice "unconditional love" here, in physical, is what we're supposed to learn or do, because of the karmic implications.

You're welcome, baro-san, but I guess I'm not being clear on my thoughts on unconditional love. I'm not sure that we're supposed to learn or do it. I like to say this 'plane' is like "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". This existence just is what we make it. It isn't the reality of existence, because it isn't eternal. If there are lessons, those lessons apply to this 'plane' and not that plane of reality of existence where there is no punishment for not practicing unconditional love. I do think humankind will come to a point when we realize the importance of it...we just haven't gotten there yet, but I think we may be at the dawn of it. It's an evolution...but not of the spirit (the spirit already knows), but in experiencing this plane. I experienced that feeling of love, you experienced it, and so have many others who've had NDEs or OBEs...that was in that place of reality of existence, free of the ego.
Lol...hope that makes sense...!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Mardav, that is so beautiful. What you wrote brings tears to my eyes.

Oh, Tobi, you're such a beautiful soul. Not because of how you feel about what I've written, but because of what emanates from you. All living creatures (and possibly all things that exist in this plane) have consciousness, soul, spirit...whatever one chooses to call it. You know this because of your dear Misty. I know it because of my sweet doggies, Mitzi and Cookie. We'll be with them again in that place of reality of existence (home), and they've visited us in astounding ways that all too clearly affirm that.

I wish those of us who "know" could somehow impart this to those who fear the afterlife.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Sorry for my late reply here, I've been too busy with life. But I want to thank everyone genuinely for sharing your views, although I'm still fearful of it in the back of my mind.

Quote:
Many of the people who've had NDEs and became Christian afterward tell that they were self absorbed and materialistic before, some had attempted suicide. That's why I find the silver thread a rational idea. What you believe/practice will still have an effect on your experience because the ego is still intact. It doesn't matter what you believe (or don't believe), it's how you treat others in how you live your life. And no one is condemned to eternal punishment for failing because you'll learn very soon after you've left this life what's important, just as those who've returned after having had a NDE have, whether they choose to join a religion or not.

And then...how about me? I was raised Christian, over time completely rejected it and became an atheist believing when you die that's the end of you. When I was a Christian, I was a sincere Christian. After I became atheist, I was still a good person, in that I wasn't materialistic and tried to treat everyone as I'd want to be treated, and sorry when I failed (still follow those, more than ever). When I had my NDE, it was completely wonderful. I saw no hell, no punishment. What I did see/learn is that unconditional love is the most important thing there is. Religion, any religion (or lack of it), means nothing when the Golden Rule is breached.

That's pretty interesting... You made some fair points for me to take into consideration, especially if you were a former Christian. But the question also goes if there is no hell, then what exactly are demons and where do they come from? Since they obviously don't reside in heaven, doesn't that mean there also has to be some sort of hell in the afterlife?
Old 11-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Experiencer

It's relevant to notice how the cultural background affects the experience. These nde's related by buddhists are not well known in the western world: http://archive.is/N0CH

The encounter with 'yamatoots/yamadutas', the messengers of death, is a recurring theme, as well as visions of different planes of existence.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Sorry for my late reply here, I've been too busy with life. But I want to thank everyone genuinely for sharing your views, although I'm still fearful of it in the back of my mind.

That's pretty interesting... You made some fair points for me to take into consideration, especially if you were a former Christian. But the question also goes if there is no hell, then what exactly are demons and where do they come from? Since they obviously don't reside in heaven, doesn't that mean there also has to be some sort of hell in the afterlife?

It makes sense to me that 'demons' are a product of the ego. The ego is very selfish because it's time is limited and it knows this and therefore will try anything to feed itself while in existence. The more it's fed, the more it demands. Demons can only exist when consciousness has allowed itself to be duped by the ego. Soon as consciousness realizes this the 'demons' vanish. I've read a couple NDEs where people have committed suicide and upon experiencing a hellish place, after expressing concern and passion at other sufferers/demons they saw were instantly drawn up out of that hell. It makes sense to me that those "others" weren't other suffers/demons at all, but mirror reflections of the experiencer's own self/ego. Had they not come to have come to have compassion, they would have remained in that "hell" state, so demons/hell are only a manifestation of the state of consciousness and not an actual place.
Those are my thoughts, anyway. I wonder how many other NDErs or OBErs have contemplated this...?
Old 26-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Master
no al is aner jorny chaptr it is

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 10-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong

Many faiths and religions state we are Creators, our thoughts making up the reality we experience. That's exactly what it looks like on the other side from what I can tell so far and from those I've communicated with from across the Veil. In that I mean our current emotion which comes from current moment and subconscious belief systems will align us with a realm which has that frequency match of thought - the realm actually exists and the experiences we have in it will be consistent with the predominant energies of that realm.
Imagine Earth type situations/locations and what types of feelings and experiences one would be most likely to have in these places: Disneyland, War Zone, Inner city shopping mall on Black Friday, Camping trip with favorite friends, Refugee Camp, once in a lifetime concert....and so on.

I was fascinated by your description until I ran into this: "Imagine Earth type situations/locations and what types of feelings and experiences one would be most likely to have in these places ... Inner city shopping mall on Black Friday ..."

What kinds of experiences would one have at an inner-city shopping mall on Black Friday? Would they be different from what one would experience in a suburban shopping mall on Black Friday?