Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 14-05-2022, 04:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I think having a higher self may only serve to complicate thing's for an individual. If you hear an audible response from what you think is your higher self there's a 99.9% chance that your communicating with seperate entity possibly pretending to be your higher self.
I know this to be possible from personal experience tis all.

Caution.

utopia

I know that people warn about such things, but I believe that it happens only if you're afraid of that happening. Your fears materialize the feared experience.

I don't know what others experience, but I never hear words. When I ask a question to my inner-guide, I receive an instant download of the complete answer into my mind. I put it in words. It is strikingly concise and meaningful. When I don't get an answer, I know that my question isn't answerable, and I reformulate or abandon it.

I always leave aside all my beliefs and expectations before asking anything, to minimize distortions.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-05-2022, 04:51 AM
Master
Quote:
QUOTE=inavalan
I always leave aside all my beliefs and expectations before asking anything, to minimize distortions.

I wouldn't disregard beliefs and expectations completely, they are deffos useful under certain circumstances for example, if I was to speak to God I would deffos expect God to respond and I would most deffos believe that God has that ability.

Luvsup
utopia
Old 14-05-2022, 05:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I wouldn't disregard beliefs and expectations completely, they are deffos useful under certain circumstances for example, if I was to speak to God I would deffos expect God to respond and I would most deffos believe that God has that ability.

Luvsup
utopia
I understand. In your example, you hold on your belief that there is an all-powerful being that has the attributes that we humans assume a God should have. You also expect that communication with God implies speech.

What I found out, by leaving aside my beliefs and expectations as much as I could, was that communication in the non-physical happens instantaneously, without words, telepathically.

I also found out that there are benevolent non-physical beings ready to help us if we ask, and that there is a lot that I can't comprehend, and that is okay, because even the more evolved beings don't know and comprehend everything, and that is okay for them too. Even if there were a God, it would be so much more than I can comprehend, that I can't understand, and that's okay.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-05-2022, 02:45 AM
Experiencer
Although some people might differentiate between higher-self, intuition, and inner-self, as far as I know they're all the same thing. In fact, I'll use whichever word the person I'm talking to is most comfortable with. That doesn't mean they're the same thing, just that I don't know the difference (if there is one). I also think of it as "the part of me that knows" since "hearing" it typically means simply "knowing" something. As inavalan pointed out, the communication is instant and unwavering. You just know.

So I think you're already comfortable with it utopia, since you're comfortable with your intuition. This should have nothing to do with connecting to "external" entities like guides or spirits. Your higher-self is you, just as your intuition is, and is only separated from us by the limitations of our normal waking consciousness.

And I wouldn't say it's hidden from us by beliefs. That's not wrong, but I think it's less misleading to say it's hidden by wants, desires, and other emotional reactions and attachments. Those are what you need to "silence" in order to hear it. Meditation can be an excellent tool for that, but there are literally thousands of techniques. In fact, when I was young, it seemed to me that our "higher-self" would "speak" to us any way we wanted it to. Any system we set up would work. Tea leaves, pendulums, birds on a wire, numbers on a display, dreams - doesn't matter. They all work. And they all fail if we've neglected to silence our emotional reactions and attachments somehow.
Old 15-05-2022, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz
Your higher self is immaterial, the core essence of who you are

You can write a letter, even write a letter electronically (my higher self prefers that)

Also - trust, believe and just allow
Old 08-10-2022, 07:12 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

There are many ways to connect with our higher selves through divination. One way is to meditate and focus on our breath. As we breathe in and out, we can visualize our breath going all the way down to our belly button and then up to our crown chakra. This helps to center and ground us.

Once we are centered and grounded, we can begin to explore our higher selves through whatever means of divination we are drawn to. This might be through tarot cards, oracle cards, runes, scrying, or any other form of divination.

The key is to be open to whatever form of communication our higher selves wish to use with us.