Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 03-07-2021, 09:32 AM
Ascender
Lumenate app

Hi !

Just wanted to share what I found today:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ate.lumenateaa

It's an app that uses the flash light of your phone camera to induce hallucinations.

It's quite cool, although for me it didn't help reaching a deep meditative state. But I'm quite sure it's good for the pineal gland, or waking up.

Any feedback from other users?
Old 04-07-2021, 07:22 AM
Ascender
Okay, yesterday I had a really busy day, all I can say it was great!

Today I started the day with it (10 min free session). I saw this kind of thing, but illuminating all my mind, this is the great thing!

I'll keep posting until other people download and try the app , or maybe I'll get tired before it!!

Wishing you a lovely day
Old 07-07-2021, 06:38 AM
Ascender
Well, not so many people here!

I've done a bit of research, here is what I found:

https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/235945
Quote:
When early neurophysiologists, like William Grey Walter (1910–1977), started using intermittent photic driving in electroencephalography, they were struck by a wide range of visual hallucinations that were reported. In current neuroscience, the phenomenon is used mainly to model hallucinations that are related to altered neuronal activity between the thalamus and the visual cortex, such as the Charles Bonnet syndrome. However, during the psychedelic 1960s, Brion Gysin (1916–1986), a painter and a poet, became interested in the hallucinations and designed his own stroboscope or dream machine, as a means for spiritual enlightenment. This article traces back the history of flicker-induced hallucinations from the early use of stroboscopes in neurophysiology to the dream machine.

So, it's definitely not new! Between this dream machine and ... strobe lights in night clubs, people have been playing with lights for quite a while!

People are afraid because of epilepsy seizures that could happen.
My own theory about it is that indeed, as it enlightens all the brain, some short-circuits could happen. But for people used to meditating, I don't think there is any issue.
Anyways, I've already danced hours with strobe lights at my face!

But it's quite powerful and effective. And I love it (well, I've always loved light)!
I do it (the app, I found other strobe lights apps as well, at my own risk) every morning when I wake up, 10 minutes.

Strobe lights at my face right when I wake up? ahah
It's just a preparation for the cold shower that usually comes not long after ;)

Strobe lights and short-circuits, this led me to think that without meditation, we have knots in our mind, or deeper in our body.
Meditation disentangles all these, to get a clearer view.

For enlightenment, people talk about a big electric wave that you can't miss.
It's probably just a big knot being disentangled for them.
Would everyone have this? I'm not sure now.
And is it because some have short-circuited their brain that they are fully enlightened? Something happened, sure, but was that that?

EDIT: post #111

Last edited by Guillaume : 07-07-2021 at 11:16 AM.
Old 28-07-2021, 03:31 PM
Administrator
Any one with Epilepsy should not follow this or anyone who gets affected by any kind of Light structure.
that is not Natural lights

Namaste
Old 28-07-2021, 04:20 PM
Ascender
Thanks for reminding this, it's been approved by the app store and it's in the app conditions also!

I was in the excitement of the first days using the app with these posts.
It's actually mostly a toy app.

I would encourage people to see by themselves, unless they really have a condition.
Strobe lights in night clubs are much more powerful, and people stay much longer.
Not to mention the countless hours of TV or videos people watch, that is definitely not natural light
So keep cool @Native Spirit, take a deep breath, this is alright!

For a more complete review, I would say it can do things for people, but it's like most apps or new things, there is a "waoo" effect, and then, well okay, it's not revolutionary.
I get much better results with regular meditation.

But, but, for stressed people that don't have time to meditate ... there might be something there, I don't know.