Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 25-07-2021, 08:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanantic
There's a story about 2 monks. One says the flag is moving. The other monk says the wind moves the flag. A master walks by and says your hearts are flapping.

Yes, I have personal experience of flapping hearts (and minds) especially when my grandchildren are around. Slightly off topic, but I took my grandaughter (7) up the local shops to buy some sweets. My grandson stayed behind to keep nanna company but had said he would like a tube of Sweethearts. I asked my grandaughter if he liked to read the little slogans on them and she said:- "No, he just gulps them down"!
Old 25-07-2021, 09:32 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
I would say that diversification follows realisation. Then it is "known" for what it is. Diversification, prior to realisation, creates for us a world of judgement and division.
Nothing creates anything for us, we do that all by ourselves. Spirituality has it backwards,
Old 25-07-2021, 10:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Nothing creates anything for us, we do that all by ourselves. Spirituality has it backwards,
Opening of the Dhammapada:- All things are led by mind, created by mind......

Old 25-07-2021, 11:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Opening of the Dhammapada:- All things are led by mind, created by mind......

Dontcha just love the irony?
Old 25-07-2021, 01:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Dontcha just love the irony?

I must have missed it.

Old 25-07-2021, 07:55 PM
Master

Quote:
A lot of things can be argued. The "east" favours internal relations. "Knower" and "known" in external relations implies that the relationship between them is a third object, deemed "knowledge". In internal relations knowledge represents not what connects the independently existing knower and known, but rather the overlap, the interdependence between knower and known. As has been said:- "Such a model of knowledge stresses engagement and praxis in preference to observation and analysis." ( Sourcebook of Japanese Philosophy)

I am not sure what point the above is making. We may speak of a world of duality, of polar opposites, but the two poles cannot exist without whatever lies between.

So there is no hot and cold without the entire range of temperatures between the two. There is no black and white without the entire spectrum of grey between black and white. Two things cannot exist without a third thing being present.

Peace
Old 26-07-2021, 11:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I am not sure what point the above is making. We may speak of a world of duality, of polar opposites, but the two poles cannot exist without whatever lies between.

So there is no hot and cold without the entire range of temperatures between the two. There is no black and white without the entire spectrum of grey between black and white. Two things cannot exist without a third thing being present.

Peace

I was seeking to contrast a "thing" in between, as against a relationship, an overlap, an inter-relationship. Maybe you are determined to have some sort of "triune" as the "ground of being"?

I see more a "ground" that when "touched" can then open to diversification. Diversification prior to touchdown (!) may well require a "self" in between.