Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 14-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Chikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
Oh Norseman...I love the journeys you take us on and the Magical Power that emanates from The Mother.

Now...I would like to share w/ You and Jenny and Chikari...at 5:45 (this morning) as The Full Mead Moon was shining low in the Western Sky--The Dawn was breaking in the Eastern Sky...as I made my offering (in Thanks) and broke-fast.

The most Magical time (to my way of thinking) is when FatherSun rises to share the Sky w/ MotherMoon (for a time) and then bids Her well-wishes as She journeys on Her way.

Spirit & Magic are all around us (all the time) it is Natural (not Supernatural) and all we have to do (in order to become a part of it all) is embrace it!

The Summer Solstice approaches...can you feel the Energy Building?

You have a really great way with words! :) I do feel the energy building as it gets closer. How do you usually celebrate the Summer Solstice?
Old 14-06-2014, 05:16 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikari
You have a really great way with words! :) I do feel the energy building as it gets closer. How do you usually celebrate the Summer Solstice?

You are very kind...thank you!

My favorite is a journey to the Ocean. However...if I cannot make that long journey...I go to the local Lake and spend the day Celebrating Mother Nature. The possibilities are endless.

Although...the one constant is that I break-fast and make my Offering to The Mother at Sunrise.
Old 14-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Master
Summer Solstice.
I face the East here and greet the sun as it rises over the sea and I invoke the Lords of the Powers of the Elements My ancestral sea which didn't exist 6000 years ago. We escaped to the land when the sea rose up and flooded our ancestral land at the end of the last Ice Age.
I am fortunate to live close to the sea and to the High Moors.
[The white spec on the horizon is one of the daily ferries bound for Oslo or possibly Bergen, Norway]

Old 14-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Chikari

Thanks Lady Terra.

Norseman, you are so lucky to be living somewhere so beautiful! I hope to travel the world someday to see the majestic scenes nature has to offer.
Old 14-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Oh Norseman...I love the journeys you take us on and the Magical Power that emanates from The Mother.

Now...I would like to share w/ You and Jenny and Chikari...at 5:45 (this morning) as The Full Mead Moon was shining low in the Western Sky--The Dawn was breaking in the Eastern Sky...as I made my offering (in Thanks) and broke-fast.

The most Magical time (to my way of thinking) is when FatherSun rises to share the Sky w/ MotherMoon (for a time) and then bids Her well-wishes as She journeys on Her way.

Spirit & Magic are all around us (all the time) it is Natural (not Supernatural) and all we have to do (in order to become a part of it all) is embrace it!

The Summer Solstice approaches...can you feel the Energy Building?

Thank you for sharing, it must have been beautiful - and you do have a way with words as Chikari said. I find that dawn is an awe-inspiring time. It's an in-between time - neither night nor day - and so is considered magical in the Celtic viewpoint.
Old 15-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Master

Norseman, beautiful pictures (as usual) - brought tears to my eyes, I miss Yorkshire so much. What a beautiful place to greet the dawn.

Here in Ontario the energy is building, Mother Earth pouring forth her bounty.
Old 15-06-2014, 12:41 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Thank you for sharing, it must have been beautiful - and you do have a way with words as Chikari said. I find that dawn is an awe-inspiring time. It's an in-between time - neither night nor day - and so is considered magical in the Celtic viewpoint.

Thank you--Jenny. I love the 'tweens!

How do you celebrate the Summer Solstice?
Old 15-06-2014, 04:05 AM
Master

Oh, I do a little ritual celebrating the Sun at the height of his power, but acknowledging that from this day on his power will wane. Also the Holly King begins his reign until the Winter Solstice when the Oak King will vanquish him and rule until the next Summer Solstice.
Old 15-06-2014, 12:56 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Oh, I do a little ritual celebrating the Sun at the height of his power, but acknowledging that from this day on his power will wane. Also the Holly King begins his reign until the Winter Solstice when the Oak King will vanquish him and rule until the next Summer Solstice.

Sounds wonderful...Jenny...thank you for sharing (as well).

Yes...we Celebrate Yuletide (too)--even though I worship the Norse Triple Goddess--because of my Nordic heritage...I (also) have deep Irish roots from my Paternal Grandfather's Line. I have my little ways of acknowledging & honoring all my Ancestors.

Are you from the Old Country?
Old 15-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Master

Quote:

Are you from the Old Country?

Me? - Yes, I'm from where Norseman is and I miss it so very much - Yorkshire in Northern England I miss the Dales, the moors and the sea, especially the smell of the sea, lol.

Where I live now we are in land about 800 miles from the Atlantic Ocean although Lake Ontario is quite close.