Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 08-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Sindy

Is it possible to be Wiccan and a Christian?

Is it? I was wondering what you all think of this?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Occultist

if you go to Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity
"Christian Witch". you will see a thread similiar to your own. Hope this helps.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy

Can someone ride two horses at the same time? No.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 09-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy

Is it possible to be a Wiccan and a Christian? I would imagine that an individual that is a Wiccan and Christian has a different set of beliefs than a mainstream Christian. A mainstream Christian, I use that term to describe what is normally accepted as a Christian, believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God and is God in the flesh. He was born of a virgin mother, was crucified and rose on the third day. His death was needed for the saving of mankind and to atone for Adam and Eve being disobedient. They also believe in one God. And that one God is the only true God. The others are creations of Satan. So if one accepts this belief as being true it would be pretty hard to be a Wiccan at the same time. As they would contradict each other.

Most that are Wiccan and Christian do not follow mainstream Christianity and lean more towards the following of the teachings of Jesus and of Jesus being a great man but not in Jesus being the only son of God.

A lot of the times what happens is beliefs end up getting cannibalized and people end up mixing and matching them. Which is fine for some, but at that point, IMO, you really are not following the actual belief and are just following your own thing.

Last edited by innerlight : 09-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Mind's Eye

Well sure... It's called wiccananity.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Sybilline

Sure, why not. I think there are a group of people that believe both Wicca and Christianity, I think I read about them, they are called Trinitarian Wiccans. This is what I found so far: http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcr5.htm

There’s this thing called “Folk Catholicism” in which countries, which were once invaded by Roman Catholic countries (e.g. Spain), practice strong Catholicism, while at the same time mixing it with old Folk traditions. Check Mexico’s Día de los Muertos or Day of the Dead, they practice it during Catholic’s All Saint’s/Soul’s Day, but it dates back and originated from Aztec culture. In my country, you will still find plenty of faith healers, their rituals dating back to hundreds of years of paganism, but instead of amulets they use Catholic symbolisms, crosses, etc., and some even pray Catholic prayers. Though it is not explicitly Wiccan, it is a good sign that faith is something not rigidly limited to books and stuff, you can rename and even unname it and change it as you please. Nearly all countries who were once invaded and forced to change their beliefs have some kind of Folk Religion.

Mine’s here: http://asiasociety.org/countries/rel...on-philippines

There is also such a thing as Folk Christianity.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Master
I have to say [even tho I am not wiccan on any level] that these hybrid varieties of wicca originate outside of the UK - draw your own conclusions !
The ORIGINAL wicca a la Gardner was witchcraft with the edgy parts polished and smoothed over.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Guide
No, the two are mutually exclusive. Although to be fair, Christianity is exclusive to pretty much everything so i wouldn't take it personally. Most Wiccans that have some belief in Christianity as well are ignoring large junks of Christian doctrine to do so.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Lostgirl

I dont get how you can believe in something that belives in satan and at the same time believe in something that doesnt believe in satan.....surely its full of crazy contradictions....
Old 09-08-2012, 06:03 PM
EmergingPath

So, I'd skip the lables and find what resonates with you. That requires some reading and questions to get clarity... then go be who you want to be