Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 06-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
If you follow the lord and lady out of fear they won't thank you for it. In Wicca you are meant to follow them out of love, it's a lot like family dynamics. If you listen to your parents out of fear, than you are not going to have a good relationship with them, but rather a perverse version of what a family is supposed to be. On the other hand, if you listen to your parents out of love and because you trust them, then you have a true relationship with them. NO real relationships were ever built on fear, and the same holds true for the relationship a wiccan holds with the lord and lady.

I don't believe in that. The lord and lady have both god and bad sides. How can you love someone who are responsible for all those bad things that happens? Like handicap, famine, nature disaster and sickness.
Btw the charge of the god says:
"Let there be desire and fear, anger and weakness, joy and peace, awe and longing
within you."
Old 06-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Willow
I don't mind so much that Gardner collected ideas from various sources and combined them into something new. What I do mind is not giving credit to your sources, and pretending that it's all been part of your own system to begin with.
Pretending to be a secret stone age religion doesn't exactly help, either.

The core is Witchcraft which does have a long history all the way back to tribal shaman/wise men-women *. As for the rest, you have to examine Gardner's interests which included the Rosicrucians, Druids [his close friend founded the largest order of British Druids and they collaborated in forming both movements], the Celtic Church [Gardner and his pal were both ordained priests !], Spielplatz [a Naturist Group still going today], Templars, various Oriental mystic groups from his time in the Far East. When you know his background, his sources become rather obvious, don't they

* check out "Triumph of the Moon" - Prof. Ronald Hutton, University of Bristol and "Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits" - Emma Wilby, Fellow of University of Exeter.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrode
A punishment from the devine dos not have to be the hell like in Christianity.
It can be other things.

But not suffering but things to learn nowhere is there suffering. Wicca is a non fear based religion you cant argue it is. If you are looking for one join up with the Christians.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"And this derives from the pagan notion of The Weaver goddess, Arianrhod, who spins the thread of being and weaves the web which connects all life together. Your actions are amplified by the Web and returned to you threefold." This is part of Welsh Celtic Mythology.
I know welsh celtic mythology I am saying Gardner never based his 3 fold law on anything guy made it up.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Willow
What bothers me most about Gardnerian Wicca is its faux history, coupled with its obvious (but unacknowledged) "borrowings" from the Golden Dawn, Thelema, and Freemasonry.

Plus, in spite of being often regarded as a feminist religion, it very much perpetuates traditional gender roles in how it defines masculinity and femininity.
Agreed but many Wiccans dont read Garald Gardners work they claim Wicca like a New Age movement because of that I believe Wicca through TV and ** has taken on a life of its own and will be exploited as such.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
But not suffering but things to learn nowhere is there suffering. Wicca is a non fear based religion you cant argue it is. If you are looking for one join up with the Christians.

Why does someone borns with handicap, sickness and other bad things?
The charge of the goddess says:

"From me all things proceed,
and unto me all things must return"

Therefor all the bad things also comes from the goddess.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Why does someone borns with handicap, sickness and other bad things?
The charge of the goddess says:

"From me all things proceed,
and unto me all things must return"

Therefor all the bad things also comes from the goddess.
again I meant hell. Nature is cruel and wise so is the Goddess after all she is the embodiment of nature. But to direct suffering onto one being for being "Bad" no its not done in nature there for its not done to humans.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
I know welsh celtic mythology I am saying Gardner never based his 3 fold law on anything guy made it up.

I think plagiarised is a better description of most of Gardner's stuff.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:59 AM
vulkus

Quote:
Why choose Wicca?
And why not?

Simpel question. :)
No it isn't a simple question, this type of questioning of other ppl and their beliefs happens a lot on these forums. This post is very troll like and it has an agenda.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Chrode

Quote:
again I meant hell. Nature is cruel and wise so is the Goddess after all she is the embodiment of nature. But to direct suffering onto one being for being "Bad" no its not done in nature there for its not done to humans.

I don't talking about hell... Yes nature is cruel but why...?