Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 27-09-2020, 04:34 AM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
Normally yes, but with virus rules now?? Call the phone number and see if they will open up for you.

https://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/ts/h_tlc.htm

Thanks for your nice reply.

Next time out I will see..........

Do you know what time they open and what time they close?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-11-2020, 11:32 PM
Experiencer
I'm purchasing Divine Healing of Mind and Body by M. MacDonald-Bayne to read now. I've heard some great things about it. Have you read or heard about this book?

Several years ago I read a PDF free download of his book Beyond the Himalayas which was a fantastic read if anyone is interested.
Old 14-11-2020, 09:51 PM
Experiencer
New mag Issue

The latest from TS in Australia, also archived back to 2000:

http://theosophydownunder.org/austra...cember2020.pdf
Old 14-11-2020, 09:52 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Matthews
I'm purchasing Divine Healing of Mind and Body by M. MacDonald-Bayne to read now. I've heard some great things about it. Have you read or heard about this book?

Several years ago I read a PDF free download of his book Beyond the Himalayas which was a fantastic read if anyone is interested.

Nope, do not recall him, but I am old & memory is porous.
Old 15-11-2020, 11:59 PM
Experiencer
The function of Theosophists is to open mens hearts and understandings to charity, justice, and generosity, attributes which belong specifically to the human kingdom and are natural to man when he has developed the qualities of a human being. Theosophy teaches the animal-man to be a human-man; and when people have learned to think and feel as truly human beings should feel and think, they will act humanely, and works of charity, justice, and generosity will be done spontaneously by all.

Blavatsky
Old 16-11-2020, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate Matthews
I'm purchasing Divine Healing of Mind and Body by M. MacDonald-Bayne to read now.
Looked it up ...ordered it immediately! Thank you!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-11-2020, 07:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Looked it up ...ordered it immediately! Thank you!
I really think you'll love it.
You're welcome.
Old 16-11-2020, 11:32 PM
Experiencer
Let the seeker know, once for all, that the virtues cannot be discarded or ignored; they must be made a part of our life, and their philosophical basis must be understood.

The life of virtue accumulates much merit; that merit will at some time cause one to be born in a wise family where the real practice of concentration may begin; or it may cause one to be born in a family of devotees or those far advanced on the Path, as said in Bhagavad Gita.

William Q Judge
Old 22-11-2020, 11:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
As for human nature in general, it is the same now as it was a million of years ago: Prejudice based upon selfishness; a general unwillingness to give up an established order of things for new modes of life and thought — and occult study requires all that and much more —; pride and stubborn resistance to Truth if it but upsets their previous notions of things, — such are the characteristics of your age, and especially of the middle and lower classes.

Mahatma Letters, from 1880s
Old 30-11-2020, 05:12 AM
Experiencer
Daniel Caldwell a theosophist whose Blavatsky Study Center is a gold mine of theosophy, has a new book on those who have met Adepts or Mahatmas. It is titled A Casebook of Encounters with the Theosophical Mahatmas. There are many cases of people meeting them.

https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/dani...e=1&pageSize=4