Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 17-10-2021, 06:58 AM
asearcher

Does the goat mean anything? and if -what?

Can anyone tell me what the goat means in Pagan traditions? Had a dream, vision a while back and it was someone wearing a mask made of a real goat's face. Years back another symbol came up that I found when I had given up on searching what it could mean, and then it was the clothing, the "hats", of (male) members of Pagan way back in time (the only photo I have seen).

Anyone, please?

Last edited by asearcher : 17-10-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 17-10-2021, 01:25 PM
Ascender
I have no Idea but I searched and found this -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWsid9dsMqg
Old 17-10-2021, 01:40 PM
Ascender
I think some witches have a goat god ~ I don't know ~ I'm naturally leery of goats because I was raised christian ~ people say that witches are pagans ~
any way ~ someone said that you can replace the goat god with someone else if you want to like jesus for example ~ which came as a relief to me because I'm not really comfortable with goats due to the association with satanism ~ so say for example your masculine and feminine gods you could use jesus and kwan yin ~ so instead of a goat you have jesus ~ or who knows ? thor odin ~ someone besides a goat

I went to christian forums and someone started a thread about astrology but the moderators shut it down immediately because they said astrology is pagan

I had no idea that astrology was pagan ~ but anyway there are goats in astrology ~ like Chinese astrology

there are many different systems of astrology ~ native american ~ slavic ~ chinese ~ who knows how many ~ they all assign different animals to you

Last edited by Hologram8 : 17-10-2021 at 03:46 PM.
Old 19-10-2021, 12:21 PM
asearcher

Thank you so much Hologram8, I've watched the video and too some other documentary on Witchcraft (where I saw a crown used and again that goat symbol right there but no explaination to what it means to them). There is this book called Book of Shadows so I'm thinking perhaps that one can give me a clue too.

I agree I had no idea either that astrology was Pagan.

The way I have understood it so far now is that it is divided in 2 teams and some think it is all bad and then confuse it with satanism when it is not.

Anyways, thank you =)
Old 19-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
There is this book called Book of Shadows so I'm thinking perhaps that one can give me a clue too.

I saw the book of shadows starting to appear in places that I was looking but I didn't know what it was ~ so I started looking around and I was getting negative vibes ~ I downloaded some from a torrent site but they seemed to be dark ~

so I finally figured out that it's a book that you write yourself and they are only dark if you write them that way

Book of Shadows vs Grimoire || What’s the Difference?

My Grimoire (2017 #paganytchallenge)

Book of shadows indepth flip through

everything under the moon book of shadows

The book of shadows from Charmed can be found on the wiki page in the drop down menu at the top

on the everything under the moon witchcraft forum the members post their book of shadows

some of them call the book different names like book of light etc.

my book contains stuff about chi kung, martial arts, yoga, psychic stuff , taoism, buddhism, meditation , all kinds of stuff , feng shui ~ I will be putting stuff about magic and witchcraft in the book ~ I just haven't gotten to it yet ~

If I could take one thing from witchcraft it would probably be the idea of the book ~ weather you're a witch or not ~ I have been writing my book for several years in notebooks and I have never even thought of making it into a nice book until I got the idea from witchcraft

I like to grow and breed plants and I write extensive grow journals about breeding plants and the lineage of the new strains

your book can be about anything
Old 19-10-2021, 03:39 PM
Ascender
I also have a book of light online where I post photos and copy and paste large amounts of content ~ that I haven't got to put in my book yet

I keep my forum in maintenance mode so that no one can see it but me

https://www.proboards.com/

the whole tv show of charmed revolves around the book of shadows ~ In the show supernatural they had the journal

I have the SAS Survival Handbook ~ it's like a bushcraft book of shadows

I've never read a farmers almanac but it's probably like a book of shadows for gardeners

Last edited by Hologram8 : 19-10-2021 at 04:40 PM.
Old 19-10-2021, 04:16 PM
Ascender
Quote:

The way I have understood it so far now is that it is divided in 2 teams and some think it is all bad and then confuse it with satanism when it is not.

Anyways, thank you =)

yes I am guilty of the crime you speak of ~ I think it's evil ~

we were just talking about stuff like that here

Last edited by Hologram8 : 19-10-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 20-10-2021, 05:04 AM
asearcher

Thank you very much, I will look into it more and see if I get any wiser =)
Old 22-10-2021, 04:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Can anyone tell me what the goat mean in Pagan traditions? Had a dream, vision a while back and it was someone wearing a mask made of a real goat's face. Years back another symbol came up that I found when I had given up on searching what it could mean, and then it was the clothing, the "hats", of (male) members of Pagan way back in time (the only photo I have seen).

Anyone, please?

Hi

The only thing I can think of is an entity called Baphomet. Some people treat it like a Deity. I don't care much for that image as I get bad vibes from it and it might be what Christians used for the devil.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 24-10-2021, 07:10 AM
asearcher

Hi thank you Chrysalis! I still can't phantom why a goat though, I mean why not a lion or well, I don't know. What is it exactly with goats where it becomes this symbol, but well I guess some things I am not meant to understand, LOL.