Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-09-2021, 03:36 PM
AbodhiSky

During Día de Muertos, (the Day of the Dead) the tradition is to build private altars containing the favorite foods and beverages, as well as photos and memorabilia, of the departed. The intent is to encourage visits by the souls, so the souls will hear the prayers and the words of the living directed to them. These altars are often placed at home or in public spaces such as schools and libraries, but it is also common for people to go to cemeteries to place these altars next to the tombs of the departed.

So this "day of the dead celebration" is synchronous with the Catholic celebrations of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day, though it has a much less solemn tone and is portrayed as a holiday of joyful celebration rather than mourning.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:01 PM
Master
If you go to any of the countries that are predominately Buddhists, you will see miniature, beautiful, small houses that are built for those who have departed. If you look carefully, some people leave all kinds of things for the departed souls such as whiskey, cigarettes, Hell money, etc.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 07-10-2021, 06:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
True. I never really understood these things until I saw the Disney animated film "Coco" which showed the religious belief system well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvr68u6k5sI
We should all be thankful that we have Hollywood to fall back on when in doubt.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:11 PM
Knower

Universalism is the teaching that there are many pathways to God, that all religions are basically the same and have equal value, and that in the end everyone will eventually be saved. Suffice to say, I know my Bible well enough to know that such a teaching is, explicitly, unbiblical.

Indeed, biblical Christians consider this very concept Luciferian, yet is a tactic being used by the globalists in order to try and unify the Abrahamic faiths, especially, as a stepping stone along the path to their envisioned One World Religion.

Interestingly, this feeling that world religions, based on their possessing 'common truths,' ought to put aside their differences and join together as one, dates back to early Theosophist occult doctrine.

As for insidious syncretism, what's been happening within Christendom in recent years is nothing new, and can be traced back to the time of Emperor Constantine, who was ultimately responsible for merging pagan beliefs and practices with the new monotheistic religion of his day.

Even as a non-denominational Christian, I find syncretism especially worrisome, and those who promote and condone it akin to wolves in sheep's clothing.

Just as the idealism behind multiculturalism has its (intended/unintended) adverse effects on unique cultures and traditions, so too I feel with the idealism behind the thinking that the major world religions ought to band together as one in the name of world peace and security. Save for the warmongers, we all want world peace, but I don't think syncretism is the answer to it, and I think has been a way of selling it to the average dupe unaware as to the globalist/Luciferian designs lurking beneath it.

True biblical Christianity, as is plainly taught in the Bible, is one of exclusivity. The Scriptures clearly state that the Christian God does not share worship with anyone or anything else, and Christ spoke of no one finding salvation but through him. I suspect this exclusivist sentiment is the same in Islam. So what can explain this spirit of syncretism that we've been seeing?

'We all worship the same God' is a familiar saying among the verbal graffiti artists; a vacuous statement which to anyone in the know has definite occult, New Age overtones and origins.

Of interest to note is that the rainbow is a symbol of the New Age movement, and there has been artistic depictions in recent years that portray Jews, Muslims, and Christians in Israel intermingling with each other atop the Temple Mount, with a rainbow banner connecting the Dome of the Rock with a rebuilt Jewish Temple. As perceived superficially, such a picture admittedly seems appealing, but who or what is the driving force behind this unifying vision, and might there be an ulterior and perhaps even sinister agenda involved?

Surprisingly, shockingly, one even hears of self-professing Christians who refer to themselves not as followers of Christ, but of Isa; spoken as a way of showing just how 'noble' and 'enlightened' they are, whereas others of the Christian faith would see this only in contemptible terms, as being an utterance bespeaking one of committing spiritual infidelity (apostasy).

Now, for all we know Yahweh and Allah may be the best of friends (though I highly doubt it).

One also hears of cases where in some churches the laity can be found clasping a Bible in one hand and the Koran in the other. Needless to say, this presents a problem for the churchgoer should she feel the need to sneeze. For which of these two books is the odd one out? My guess is the Christian one.

On one Christian radio program I tuned into, the guest, in speaking about the dangers of Chrislam, remarked how he thought this was a tactic being used by Islam to destroy Christianity subtly, gradually, from within. This may be true, but where does that leave exclusivist Muslims? Right where they should be, in my opinion -- alongside exclusivist Christians and exclusivist followers of Judaism.

For just as I believe there can be peace in the world without the need for abolishing the sovereignty of independent nation-states, so too do I feel there can be peace among religions without there ever being the need to assimilate them to the point of unrecognition into one convenient amalgamation, which is something that would only play right into the hands of the Luciferian globalists.
Old 11-09-2022, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
Universalism is the teaching that there are many pathways to God, that all religions are basically the same and have equal value, and that in the end everyone will eventually be saved. Suffice to say, I know my Bible well enough to know that such a teaching is, explicitly, unbiblical.

It seems at first glance to be explicity unbiblical but it depends on which Scribe/Scripture we are reading and how we personally interpret the words..... Imo.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:48 PM
Ascender

The Bible is an amalgam of ideas, stories, legends, etc. from other culture's religion. I think it is the nature of man grow and adapt and to do the same to the religion one follows. All of the branching out of different Christian denominations is an example of this.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:13 PM
The op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaroga
So I have a question for christians and it is this.
Remember the orig post --- the question it was to Christians, gang.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru