Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 29-09-2021, 04:17 PM
Master

ashoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Mybe, who knows.... according to some researched material I have read He decided to massacre Non Buddhist which proves He definitely wasn't truly a follower of The Buddha.

Ya there may definitely be politics like buddhist may have turned blind eye to his misdeed in consideration of political patronage . Same was a case protestant was borne . Martin Luther wanted to marry and King Henry VIII wanted marriage annulment and 2nd marriage . So both combined to give a rise to protestant .

And History (His story ) is replete with examples where result is still great with not so great cause when it is has the support of the Force.
Old 29-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
To the Hindu, Brahman is ‘THE GREAT THOUGHT’, and my God is ’The Great Thought,’ the collective consciousness of all that exists.

Is your Brahman an eternal being , or do you believe that He will one day cease to exist?

TA , Like almost all religion in Hinduism also the God is without beginning and without end . It's eternal ,omniscient, omnipontent and omni-present .

Kalki is not end of life .Moksha is akin to merging with light and glory of God and not having to under-go the rigors of birth/death again n again .

Hope that answers your query.
Old 29-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Master

ashoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
He was instrumental in putting the Buddhist writings together. He is considered by some to be the Father of Vegetarianism and that of showing love, not cruelty, to animals.

This goes to show...... people can change for the good.
Agreed he must have suffered change of heart . Buddhist writings are spread far and wide over quite a big goegraphical area .This may not be possible by any half-hearted person.
Old 30-09-2021, 05:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
So, which is it to be; "Everyone "ATTAINS" Moksha", or everyone "CAN' attain Moksha' if they put their mind to it?

So, what happens to those who "CAN'T" attain Moksha?

Everyone attains Moksha in the end, because their essence is pure consciousness and divinity.

Some attain it much faster through intelligence and good work ethics , while some attain it after many lifetimes and after intense suffering.

Eckhart Tolle is one who attained enlightenment after a long period of depression and suffering.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 30-09-2021, 05:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Mybe, who knows.... according to some researched material I have read He decided to massacre Non Buddhist which proves He definitely wasn't truly a follower of The Buddha.

There was opposition to Buddhism then because Buddha proclaimed the equality and fraternity of all human beings, which went counter to the man-made caste system practiced then.

The Vedas too proclaim the equality and fraternity of all human beings. Satyakama Jabala, for example, was a Vedic sage who was of illegitimate birth, but was accepted as a disciple by his Guru for his honesty and character.

The caste system had no basis in the Vedas, and was a feudal system that came up through social laws which should have changed with time and changed conditions. But this was not done as the upper castes wanted to conserve their privileges for their children as well, as I had explained by the saying of Yoganana in an earlier post.

There was a marked difference between the Vedic system and Buddhism, and many intolerant Brahmins opposed it then and wanted to stifle its growth.

Hence Ashoka legislated laws of heresy to protect the new faith, and implemented it firmly, and even gave out capital punishments in this regard.

If it weren't for Ashoka's protection and patronage, Buddhism would have died out or would have ended as a small minority religion like Jainism.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 30-09-2021, 05:59 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Kalki is not end of life. Moksha is akin to merging with light and glory of God and not having to under-go the rigors of birth/death again n again.

Very similar to the Biblical belief. Zephaniah 1: 2-3; The LORD (Kalkin) said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy the whole human race, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Verse 18; On the day when the LORD shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end — a sudden end — to everyone who lives on earth.

To everyone who lives on earth, being the operative sentence, for according to the scriptures, at the sound of the last trumpet, immediately before the heavenly fire incinerates all physical life forms of this earth, the elect and chosen ones will be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye, from bodies of Corruptible matter, into glorious bodies of brilliant and blinding light.

Enoch was the one chosen from the previous age, who was taken to the throne of the Lord of creatures, the most high in the creation at that time, where he was anointed as the successor to the throne of the Most High in the creation, as the Lord of Spirits.

The word “CHRIST” means “The Anointed One.” Enoch was the one anointed by the Most-High in the creation, ‘The Lord of Creatures,’ as his Heir and successor, (The Son of Man) who is Lord of spirits.

Christ is the English term for the Greek Χριστός (Khristós) meaning "the anointed one" It is a translation of the Hebrew מָשִׁיחַ (Māšîaḥ), usually transliterated into English as Messiah or Mashiach. The Hebrew word translated "anointed" is the verb form of the noun "Messiah."

"The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before ‘MY’ face into eternity."

And Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord’s face.

And the Most-High said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before ‘MY’ face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch, was the first to be released.
And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory."

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun’s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones; and it is He who serves God before the body of Adam (Mankind) into all eternity.

It was his accusations which caused God to bring that age to an end.

Jubilees 4: 23; And he (Enoch) was taken from amongst the children of men, and we conducted him into the Garden of Eden in majesty and honour, and behold there he writes down the condemnation and judgment of the world, and all the wickedness of the children of men. And on account of it (God) brought the waters of the flood upon all the land of Eden, etc.

Just as Kalki is the 10th manifestation of Vishnu: Jesus is the 10th of the seventh born sons from Enoch who is the seventh from Adam and according to the genealogy in Luke 3: Jesus is 70 generations from Enoch, making him the 11th of the seventh born sons from Adam, 10 closes the ADAMITE cycle 10+1=11, begins the new cycle. Jesus is the Second Adam, and as all the chosen righteous have borne the image of the first Adam, so too shall they bear the image of the second Adam, the man Jesus, the first-fruits (Plural) to be harvested from the body of mankind] who appeared to Saul/Paul on the road to Damascus in his new glorified body of brilliant and blinding light.

The Book of Enoch the prophet 108: 11-13; And now I will summon the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name, and I will seat each on the throne of his honour. And they shall be resplendent for times without number; etc.

These are they who according to your terminology, attain Moksha, the rest of the disembodied spirits/minds are divided, those who are to suffer the second death, the death of those minds that are divided from the immortal soul which is then given a new body of some sort, from those who are to be reborn as a more humble race of humans, to people this earth.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:29 PM
Master

Similarity

Quote:
These are they who according to your terminology, attain Moksha, the rest of the disembodied spirits/minds are divided, those who are to suffer the second death, the death of those minds that are divided from the immortal soul which is then given a new body of some sort, from those who are to be reborn as a more humble race of humans, to people this earth

True there are similarities at least in spirit which is very important . Differences in letters can be handled if spirit is understood well.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:29 PM
Master
QUOTE 105 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00

The caste system had no basis in the Vedas, and was a feudal system that came up through social laws ... There was a marked difference between the Vedic system and Buddhism, and many intolerant Brahmins opposed it then and wanted to stifle its growth.

If it weren't for Ashoka's protection and patronage, Buddhism would have died out or would have ended as a small minority religion like Jainism.

I love your posts and your historical perspective is very consistent with my own.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:40 PM
Master
QUOTE 104 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Everyone attains Moksha in the end, because their essence is pure consciousness and divinity.

Amen ! Amen ! Amen !

Fortunately, more and more people are starting to discover this and move away from the "eternal damnation" and "fire and brimstone" fear-mongers.

In this country (USA) there is a significant reported increase in Buddhist-oriented hospices .... as they provide much more useful practical information regarding how to cross over than the theologically theoretical judgment/eternal-damnation preachers from whom people are turning away.

IONS (Institute of Noetic Sciences) has done some interesting surveys on people's beliefs regarding what happens in the afterlife and the percentage of eternal-damnation/fire-and-brimstone believers is declining significantly.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:36 PM
Master

Caste system

Quote:
The Vedas too proclaim the equality and fraternity of all human beings.

The caste system had no basis in the Vedas, and was a feudal system that came up through social laws which should have changed with time and changed conditions. But this was not done as the upper castes wanted to conserve their privileges for their children
More or less we have similar outlook on caste system except timelines.
1.Caste system of inequity n injustice practiced in last 1000 years was bad n Indian State has rightly abolished it.
2.caste system which was specialization enriched,service oriented yet equality oriented was in vogue around buddha time n before. This specialization enabled india attain unique accomplishments like
1. Create long lasting earthquake proof architectures
2. Find various astronomical bodies n name
3.extract difficult metals like zinc with difficult melting n range.
But it had turned ritualistic devoid of real spirit during the period of buddha 2200 years back. Inequity n injustice started penetrating it 1000 years back n worsened day by day with economic n political defeats till constitution of india was adopted in 1950.

Last edited by HITESH SHAH : 02-10-2021 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Clarity