Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 07-08-2021, 09:03 PM
Madamedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I don't think. I "know". I had a very strong glimpse into that reality for several weeks in 2019. I wasn't anywhere near prepared so it faded however it left an indelible mark.
So, you're a knower who won't share until asked ?
Old 08-08-2021, 09:35 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madamedude
So, you're a knower who won't share until asked ?

I can say it was like the waking equivalent of a lucid dream but that doesn't really do much good unless you had a similar experience, does it? I practiced lucid dreaming for a short time several years prior and before my experience it wouldn't have made sense to me. It's a "knowing" beyond knowing. Beyond intellect and language.

I'm not trying to dodge or withhold. I'm just saying beyond analogy I can't even begin to explain. I might say it was an unambiguous "sense" or "knowing" of omnipresence but that probably doesn't do much good either even if I rephrase it to "I was everything and everything was Me" or "I was without a second".

Okay, so practically speaking and going back to the lucid dream analogy... When one attains lucidity within a dream one Realizes the dream for what it is and that it cannot harm the Dreamer. Same is true for the waking equivalent. Call it liberation from suffering and in the broadest sense but that's not even right. It's more like liberation from Duhkka and in its truest sense that's liberation from clinging to or pushing away the impermanent.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:00 AM
Ascender
I too was curious to know about JustASimpleGuy's experience. Thanks to both of you.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:04 AM
Master
You hear a lot of material pointing to we are perfect just as we are, even when we are unhappy with ourselves and do not carry the love in our hearts.

To be told you are perfect and pure and such likes just as you are, doesn't deal with why one is the way they are and why they feels as they do .

All this perfection stuff and purity stuff doesn't deal with the situation at hand, it simply makes one feel a little better for not being perfect lol .

Does a selfish abuser feel perfect and pure for taking out there inferiority complexes out on another ..

No amount of words makes up for the actions .

At best the notions are a stepping stone for self forgiveness.

x daz x
Old 09-08-2021, 03:16 PM
Ascender
Hey God-Like,
Nobody told me that i'm pure & perfect consciousness; i inferred it given that consciousness does no action and thinks no thought + i'm consciousness. Consciousness does no action and thinks no thought => Consciousness is pure & perfect. In your post you've talked about imperfectness of minds; In my OP i was talking about consciousness, not minds. Before the realization which i posted in OP i used to somehow associate myself with my mind; and now i think i'm not the mind.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:58 PM
Master
Is it enough to be pure and perfect consciousness? I look for more. Things like social relationships and real places called heaven. If consciousness is all there is then I will accept that. It is just that I hoped for more!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Hey God-Like,
Nobody told me that i'm pure & perfect consciousness; i inferred it given that consciousness does no action and thinks no thought + i'm consciousness. Consciousness does no action and thinks no thought => Consciousness is pure & perfect. In your post you've talked about imperfectness of minds; In my OP i was talking about consciousness, not minds. Before the realization which i posted in OP i used to somehow associate myself with my mind; and now i think i'm not the mind.

Hey

How have you worked this all out beyond mindfulness, beyond the teachings of others?

How did you conclude what consciousness is in such a way where it differs from mind?

You see as I see it, you can't divide what you are up into little pieces, you can't divide mind from consciousness or what you are from anything else .

The notion that consciousness is pure and perfect is a mindful notion that reflects the notion that there is the opposite . It's all mindful in this respect .

This is the same runaround as peeps saying non duality is beyond duality .

x daz x
Old 13-08-2021, 12:32 AM
Madamedude

Heh, sorry for being snarky ! At least kralaro got an answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I'm not trying to dodge or withhold.
It does feel right, living free of Duhkka.
Old 13-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Ascender
Honza,
You can still have social relationships and heaven.
Thinking about what you've written, i think consciousness must Not be all there is. There must be some desire, personality, emotion, imperfection, or something extra along with consciousness for this world to be the way it's. If it had been just consciousness then this world wouldn't have existed.
Maybe i'm not just pure & perfect consciousness; just that my actions and thoughts aren't created by me.
Old 13-08-2021, 01:24 PM
Ascender
God-Like,
While listening to Swami Sarvapriyananda's logics i felt that i've no free-will, he hadn't stated that yet but i still felt (or thought) that, i don't remember how. Then it was confirmed by teachings of Ramakrishna & Krishna that i've no free-will.
Swami Sarvapriyananda also said we're not our minds, i agreed with him. For me it's apparent that i'm not my mind.
By "=>" i mean "implies":
[(I'm not my mind; i'm consciousness.) AND (I don't have free-will.)] => [I (consciousness) am doing no action and thinking no thought.] => [I (consciousness) am pure from the actions & thoughts my body & mind are doing in this Earthly life.]
You may agree that the clothes you're wearing aren't you. Similarly your body & mind also aren't you. Miss Hepburn has shared on SF that in her previous birth she was a male. Your body and mind have changed throughout your life, but you are still you: you (consciousness) who have been witnessing your clothes, body and mind. That's how i define a person.