Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-06-2021, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
..*deleted*. ...
Meditating is very healthy. Your brainwaves slow down which alleviates stress which everyone these days has. We basically all live in fight or flight due to how our societies are construed.
So quieting your mind is very healthy, letting go of all that stress, anxiety etc. Getting into Alpha or deeper brainwaves which is restorative, relaxing and simply healthy. It makes your brain function coherently, then your heart, and the result of that is sheer ecstasy!
Doing it daily, preferably in the morning, can change your life!
It makes you more relaxed, positive, healthier and happier.
As a matter of fact it's so good for mind, soul, AND body, that it's a shame Western countries don't make this a routine part of day to day life at school and work. Would reduce healthcare cost tremendously!

Why you relate this to the 3rd eye chakra I don't know. Has nothing to do with it.
Old 26-06-2021, 10:56 PM
Angel1

Well, I took awhile to say anything...this is my advice, my friend-
Ask yourself - do you prepare yourself to jump on a couch to cuddle with your partner?
Do you do anything special to go to the movies, relaxing and enjoying yourself?
How about playing ball in the backyard with your dog?

Meditation is a joy. Look forward to sitting in peace and taking in the love that is all around you...
just as you would laying a blanket down on the beach on your vacation, soaking in the smells
and sounds and warmth, m'dear.
Think of meditation as being in a recliner soaking in love, with a smile on your face.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-06-2021, 11:19 PM
Knower

Sorry I had to add this, every time I hear "a research" I always recall the great research fiasco of the egg.
Old 26-06-2021, 11:20 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Meditating is very healthy. Your brainwaves slow down which alleviates stress...
Exactly. It's that simple and sweet. :)
(And it's very common, even for beginners, to be told to focus at the 3rd eye area,
focus on the breath, maybe look at a candle, repeat a mantra and so on.)

"...If there's constant mind chatter & thoughts see them as clouds in the sky....
Make sure you are really relaxed. Go into nature beforehand if need be. Play some relaxing music."

Yes, that's very nice. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-06-2021, 11:22 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
...I pray before I meditate and I create an imaginary bubble of protection before,
I too make sure I imagine roots from my back to the earth ground...
:) Very nice.

Old 26-06-2021, 11:27 PM
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
...If you want to sit and meditate, literally just get into a comfy position, lying down or sitting ( something you can do for a long period of time, sitting in a chair is okay ) close your eyes.
...That's okay.
So if you find yourself losing concentration, that's fine....
Just when you notice, bring yourself back to your breathing.
and do that for every time you notice it happening.
Sweet, yes.

Old 26-06-2021, 11:33 PM
Knower

@Miss Hepburn
Your like a cuddly cute Si kitten
Old 26-06-2021, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
@Miss Hepburn
Your like a cuddly cute Si kitten
Takes one to know one.

Old 27-06-2021, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
...Why do you want to meditate in the first place? What is your purpose and you are hoping to achieve from it?
My suggestion regarding meditation depends on your answer.
Good point. :)

Old 27-06-2021, 08:26 AM
asearcher

Quote from FairlyCrystal: "Meditating is very healthy." - I believe that that is true but there is too another side of the coin what could happen, please read this article if you're interested https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article...-spike-anxiety
"Why you relate this to the 3rd eye chakra I don't know. Has nothing to do with it".

All I know is that when I first began to meditate I did not have the experiences of a strong tingeling or burning sensation around and in the third eye but then it began to happen and now it always does. I got to be more open and I got to have more experiences of this after the meditation/s were done. All I can say is I have these experiences when I meditate. Perhaps it is individual what happens with us during, I can't rule out what happens to others just because it hasn't happened to me. I have looked around the net and found others who too have that during meditation, and off, that sensation, burning, only rare times has I felt it off, and now on during. But who knows, maybe it isn't the third eye opening but just some physical or psychosomatic reflex of some kind? Beats me. It happens, anyhow.

For me meditation helped me unwind after stressful days at work and home instead of starting to take pills to sleep so it's been a good thing but it too might have began to make me more spiritual open in both good and bad ways as far as energies goes before I got it under control and began to have a clue of what was happening.