Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 18-10-2021, 07:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillity
Having been bereaved I would much prefer to go into a light atmosphere and be with people with a sense of humour. I believe it helps with communication.

The correct balance is the ideal. I, too, have been bereaved - it's how 30 odd years on I'm doing what I do. We all have personal preferences about how evidence of the survival of a loved one is presented to us.

It's debatable whether a sense of humour necessarily improves communication. Bereavement affects individuals in different ways and humour may not be the best way to deliver the message of survival.
Old 22-10-2021, 09:09 PM
Master
You probably do have it like me not realising you have it the gift
Don't let people put you off because you probably do have the gift
Might advisors go to your local spiritualist church they'll give you a card and and help on your gift
I am pleased I did that 3 years ago I did you will make a lot of good friends there and good paper will get in your life and encourage you to get on with your gift
I just use my gift for free I only feel comfortable in open circles at the church but I've been told I will go 4 and 5 years time I'm and what they are white I just need a bit more confidence in myself
I was told by three international mediums I am very Gifted I should be on there giving them messages out not on the floor I know they have eyes but I don't feel confident just yet
The local mediums I met at the church I've said the same thing I should be on there are giving them out and all over the world but I don't feel confident just get on that one either just yet just not yet
But I sent you alright me I sense you are just like me if you slow the confidence to get your going
Go to your local spiritualist church they will guide you to the light path
And if there is more than one this church where you live try them both if the S3 go to three of them and pick the one you feel comfortable with the most

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 28-10-2021, 05:15 PM
Experiencer
snobbery as spoken happens

snobbery ive picked up a lot of that in large developement groups and other circle venues its not very pleasant or friendly esp when your partnered up with someone that plainly shows it, they dont even have to speak usually one glance is enough i dont know why some of these people attend with attitude its like what you doing in front of me i did not want you for a partner even if it was just an exercise it got that bad towards the end of the exercise you want to just walk away and get away from such an horrible person even though your very pleasant to them but i suppose you get people like that in life needless to say i got a lot out of that workshop i was very happy with the outcome
Old 28-10-2021, 06:11 PM
Master
The World has all kind of people even in places we least expect it.

Glad you were able to see thru that situation and are continuing with your development.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-10-2021, 07:50 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by briam
snobbery ive picked up a lot of that in large developement groups and other circle venues its not very ple................at in life needless to say i got a lot out of that workshop i was very happy with the outcome

I don't give advice but what you've experienced, and perhaps are still experiencing, suggests the development group is not being well managed. A different group, a different leader, might be a better prospect for you.

It's very concerning you're having to deal with individuals whose interest appears to be more for themselves than for the work of the spirit. I don't know what kind of development you are working towards but I hope you are closer now than you were.
Old 29-10-2021, 08:02 AM
Deactivated Account
thoughts

A few thoughts for anyone reading threads in this 'Mediumship' forum and perhaps wondering about their own position.

Please do remember that mediumship may not be what you believe it to be. Based on what I read routinely in SF threads there is much misunderstanding. I am again making the point that displaying or experiencing heightened psychic sensitivity or awareness is not the same as being or becoming a medium; so often that appears to be what people believe.

It might indicate you have the potential to build on your sensitivity and eventually to develop into someone who can communicate with spirit individuals and pass on evidence of their survival to their family or friends desperate to know they are alive and well.

And that's the essence of mediumship, of being a medium.
Old 29-10-2021, 02:14 PM
Master
bobjob wrote "It might indicate you have the potential to build on your sensitivity and eventually to develop into someone who can communicate with spirit individuals and pass on evidence of their survival to their family or friends desperate to know they are alive and well."

Some believe a Medium is one who can communicate with Spirit.

Some others believe it includes communicating with Spirit but it must also include a third person in which the Medium passes messages from Spirit to that person.

Which is correct, the latter or the former?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-10-2021, 02:24 PM
Administrator
A lot of people say mediumystic abilities are with you from birth this is the case with myself.
but spiritual development can seem like mediumship with a big difference its not,
There is no truer saying that All mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums.

Namaste
Old 29-10-2021, 02:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some believe a Medium is one who can communicate with Spirit.

Some others believe it includes communicating with Spirit but it must also include a third person in which the Medium passes messages from Spirit to that person.

Which is correct, the latter or the former?

People hold all manner of beliefs but it doesn't mean what they believe is necessarily accurate. I think I've explained myself well enough for you to know which is the correct one of the two you've referred to.
Old 29-10-2021, 02:50 PM
Master
Are you saying history is wrong when the Fox Mother and sisters became rapping Medium back in 1848 and that Isaac Post's book on all the information he got from various Spirits was also in err back in 1851-1852? It appears Isaac Post was the first person to use the word "Medium".

Where should a person go to get the 'accurate' information?