Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-10-2020, 07:03 PM
Master
Beyond self is beyond ego .
What isn't ego, is what isn't self related ..
x daz x
Old 04-10-2020, 04:56 AM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
That could raise another interesting and related topic: What is "mind"?
The word gets bandied about a lot like "love" but seems to have no meaning.'Programs of the mind running' suggests it's a processor. Of what, I wonder?.
The mind is like glue - it will attach to different things and just keep running in circles around it. It is quite disgusting and I don't know the meaning of it. Perhaps it is only a word processor and this is the side effect of knowing a language.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:07 AM
1337_d00d

An energy packet will appear as a a feeling in the body/energy field. As you become aware of it you can interpret it with the mind if you like. However the interpretation can be faulty, so you might get emotional blocks or blocks in your energy field. Thus you have to dissolve the false interpretations, or the programs, running in the mind, to release the flow of energy.

For instance Satan being at war with God. We can take Satan to be a thought that is not aligned with your emotional or energetic being. Thus you have a war between the emotions and the thoughts. The thoughts also cause the flow of energy to be blocked, or blocking Christ path from the manger (lower nature) to Golgatha (Skull).

However, erroneous thoughts will come in the form of energy as well. People can communicate these thoughts/energies with their words and infect other people.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Lorelyen

The Rolls Royce I didn't buy yesterday isn't ego.
Nor the bottle of Lagavulin sitting on the shelf up there.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Please present your views as to what Ego is not.
The discussion of the ego is never about the discussion of the ego, the discussion of the ego is people talking about/reflecting their human nature. For the most part people don't talk about THE ego they put THEIR OWN egos on display. What so many people that deny the psychological ego because it's not Spirituality don't realise is that the Jungian ego is actually based on ancient wisdom, and Jung was a scholar that based his understanding on Ahamkara. The ancients didn't separate what we call psychology and religion/philosophy, and the more you study it the more you realise that psychology was an integral part of their understanding.

In the discussion of the ego the best you can hope for is more ego, because it's the ego that makes the differentiation between ego and Spirit. The ego has been defined as "separative cognition" and the separation between ego/anything human and Spirit is still "separative cognition/consciousness." Believing that the ego and Spirit are separate come easy, what's far more difficult is the Spiritual, inward Journey of the reasons people think they are worlds apart.

Perhaps a search for questions that bring a deeper understanding would be more fruitful, but that takes delving into ourselves and for some that's a really scary place. If "everything comes from Spirit" yet the ego is not Spiritual? One of the questions I have yet to find an answer for is what are the reasons supposedly Spiritual people shun anything psychological yet practice psychoanalysis - which is what happens in the ego discussion - and completely ignore the ancient Spiritual wisdom that the Jungian ego is derived from? What are the reasons Spiritual people put so much store on the wisdom and understanding of the ancients that they didn't differentiate between Spirituality/philosophy and what is known today as psychology, yet differentiate between what is labelled as Spiritual and everything else?
Old 04-10-2020, 12:15 PM
1337_d00d

To give an answer On Topic I would say that which is not ego is Kunadlini/Christ energy. The ego gives guidance, but a false guidance. It is the guidance of Death.

Did I sound cool?
Old 04-10-2020, 01:26 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Yes, it is really that simple...
...and the soul is the primary representative of Spirit in each human being.

~ J

No it's not, because the ego doesn't actually exist and that is the objective reality. What does exist is something your mind/perceptions has created for it's own agenda from which you infer status - which is just what happens when people try to infer status because of monetary wealth. The ego is a kara or 'invented thing' that your 'I' is made of - the Ahamkara has been described as the "'I' of invented things." Your sense of who and what you are is your primary representative of who you believe yourself to be.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:33 PM
Master
*Ego* is sense of self, an identity, being able to relate to others as others, that which makes you 'human' and allows you to function.
Therefore, ''what isn't ego'' is everything outside of that, which is 99,99xbiggest number% of existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The discussion of the ego is never about the discussion of the ego, the discussion of the ego is people talking about/reflecting their human nature. For the most part people don't talk about THE ego they put THEIR OWN egos on display.

Total bulls-eye right there, Greenslade.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:39 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
the answer is very simple,
spirit
Which wouldn't be realised without the ego, because when everything is Spirit then Spiritual has no meaning. There is no experience without the experiencer, there is no observation without the observer, there is no belief/Spirituality without the believer. If there is nothing other than Spirit, then what? If everything is an expression of Spirit as has been said in these forums before now, then isn't ego - and all the definitions/expressions thereof - also an expression of Spirit?
Old 04-10-2020, 01:49 PM
Master
Hello,

A curiosity.
The soul makes contracts with other souls and decides to reincarnate to further develop itself and/or experience different aspects of life as a physical being. Atleast what has come to me and have come across through the years.

Taking these outlooks, these suggest to me that "ego" as related to individual identity may be part of the human makeup in general. If looked at as mind, body, spirit. Atleast while experiencing this physical existence. Indicates that soul itself or as a group may have desires and needs. (Aspects related to ego, IMO)
When all said and done with this physical existence, soul/spirit returns to the formless state without desire to return/reform to a physical state then "ego" aspect no longer has a purpose.

It seems a construct to better understand what it is to be human and identify as such. I mean do plants have "egos". Or other living beings.
For me not so much as to what "ego" is or is not as much as what is the term pointing to and suggesting what one perhaps needs to notice.
What is expressed in words, writings, with an intention of some kind seem to indicate an "ego" present.
Is ego relevant when just observing/noticing what is unfolding/happening around one? When not attempting to control or project anything?
These are just my present thoughts.
Interesting to explore at times.