Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-10-2021, 07:13 PM
Experiencer
possible lucid dream

when i was four years old i used to stay at my nans id sleep next to my nan on a roll up matress while she slept on a studio couch which looked really comfortable i was the first grandchild i would have to use the toilet a lot been a young lad i drank to much pop and ate to many biscuits it did not matter how much i ate i was very skinny and thin which was normal for me on a few occassion i needed to use the loo there was two toilets the outer house which was just past the back door part of the building but exposed to the freezing elements of the night i could not reach the bolts at the top of the door i was not tall enough so i used the upstair bathroom toilet i open the living room door to the stairway there seemed to be this strange echo which was not present during the day i noted it thinking whats that i hurried upstairs and back on the the other occassion it seemed deeper like i was in some long tunnel and seemed to reverb when i made a movement like i said it was not there during the day i asked my nan if she noticed any strange sounds she oh its nothing but your imagination they may have been so as it never happened again i stood on the stairs on other occassions but there seemed to be no reverbration or echo ive wonderd if anybody experienced such thing as young peolpe we are more susceptable
Old 23-10-2021, 12:05 AM
Knower
A 'Lucid Dream' occurs when the consciousness becomes fully aware that it is dreaming within the dream.

Imagine that right now in this very moment that you are dreaming but you do not realize it. You believe that you are using some device to connect to something called the internet to communicate with others but in actuality you're asleep in your bed. You're only talking to yourself and there are no others...just different aspects of yourself.

Suddenly the thought enters into your mind "Wait....is this a dream?" and you follow that thought and BOOM you realize that you're dreaming while you're dreaming and your entire consciousness from your "waking state" becomes available to you in your dream and all things become available to you.

I personally have come to feel that just as we can awaken within our dreams, we can also awaken within our waking life once we realize that the waking life is no less a dream than the one we had last night.

Based on my experience, I would say that you were close to becoming lucid within your dream but the actual awakening didn't occur. I would say your consciousness certainly "bubbled up" enough so to speak to pierce through the veil of illusion but you didn't take the last step and push through the veil.

Asking questions in dreams, questioning your reality and environment in dreams, doubting that the dream is real etc are all things which are effectively dynamite that is capable of blowing the illusion to pieces but it must explode in order to achieve lucidity. I would say you certainly lit the fuse and your awareness reached such a state that it began to seriously doubt and question but you still have to push further.

When you have a genuine lucid dream I promise you that there will be no doubt about it and if you're anything like me you'll go around telling everyone about and if you're luckier than me they'll find it fascinating instead of annoying lol!

Good luck!