Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 31-07-2021, 07:02 AM
Newbie ;)

ghosts visiting you before they've died?

i know this is awkwardly titled.

when i was 5 years old, i was staying in my mother's childhood home for christmas with her family. i was staying in my uncle's childhood room, sleeping there with my sister.

in the middle of the night, i awoke, with some sort of sleep paralysis, i suppose -- though it didn't feel malignant, and i wasn't actively trying to move (i didn't feel any pressure, either). the closet at the foot of my bed opened, and a young boy appeared. he looked about 10-12 years old. he just stood at the end of my bed. he didn't look mad, or necessarily upset -- he looked slightly confused. like something was wrong, something had changed. he just stared, confused. i eventually fell back into peaceful sleep. i have vague memories of telling my family about it, but they brushed it off as a weird dream.

a little less than a year later, my uncle took his own life. around the time he had done so i had a horrible nightmare & woke up with a horrible nosebleed. this would be hours before my family got the call. my mother calmed me down and told me it was just a bad dream and everything would be fine in the morning -- but it wasn't. i awoke to her shaking me, sobbing, and telling me that he had passed.

i made no connection to these dreams and my uncle at the time -- i was only 5 & 6 years old when these occurred. then, a few years later, i saw a childhood photo of my uncle for the first time. i'd never seen a picture of him at that age before. and it was the boy who was at the end of my bed, in his old room. the same face, the same haircut, he was dressed more casually -- but it was unmistakably him.

this has made me wonder for awhile if ghosts can travel back in time, and appear as their younger selves, voluntarily or involuntarily -- and back to their old homes, at that.

has this happened to anyone else? seeing the ghost of a loved one before they passed? especially seeing their child self? i can't make sense of it. it's been gnawing at me for years, this event that occurred. how could i have simply imagined a boy that looked exactly like my uncle when he was younger? why did he look confused -- but not outright upset? and the closet door being open -- it was always closed at night when i was there. when i told my mother about this, she said it was interesting that the closet door was open -- when my uncle was a young teenager he had saved up his money to buy a small tv and put it in his closet and would leave his closet door open every night, staying up all night watching tv. she said that closet was important to him.

again, i'd like to know if anyone has had a similar experience or has some theory as to what this all means...
Old 01-08-2021, 12:04 AM
asearcher

Hi Insulin,
thank you for sharing your story. Very sorry about your uncle. I hope his spirit is at peace now.

The only thing I can say I have experienced similar to is the part where you were connected, in your sleep, to when feeling, knowing your uncle was in trouble, dead. I have experienced that too different times in my life, different set of people that I have been connected too. One time it was even not about the person itself but the place it was in, something bad happened that very night and it ended up in court.

I am going to suggest something, but feel a need to apologise before, as I could be way off what it could actually have been about.

Considering your uncle ended up taking his own life I am going to assume something really painful, too hard to handle, happened to him at some point earlier in life.

There has been poltergeist phenomens around me in the past. I can't say if it was 100% about the spirit world making contact or if at least part of it was because I was really good at keeping my own feelings of stress, anger inside myself. There were times when I was upset and not showing it and poltergeist experiences would start.

I may not use the proper word for it but there are some ghosts(??) out there who keep appearing at same spot and do the same thing and then dissolve. It could be like a blue print. It repeats itself because there has been some kind of strong energy of feeling that the real person once had. We can create things without knowing or intending too, just like I (if it now was me) created with my supressed feelings poltergeist activity.

Perhaps you could ask your mom if something in particular happened to him around the age the ghost was seemingly in to figure out if something traumatic did happen to him around that age?
Old 01-08-2021, 03:31 AM
Ascender

When you astral travel you can change your appearance. But also on the astral plane time is nonlinear. So, I'm guessing that in the astral time travel is indeed possible and that your uncle as a little boy astrally traveled into the future where you were a little boy sleeping in his bed.

I have no experience in astrally traveling in time though, at least not that I am aware of.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Ascender

duplicate post.

Last edited by Traveler : 01-08-2021 at 04:53 AM.
Ascender

duplicate post.

Last edited by Traveler : 01-08-2021 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:11 AM
Administrator
Hello

As a Medium I know well that you in spirit can appear as you wish there seems to be no "age" or "time" on the other side. Time I so feel is a man made concept that was created its not a thing. Time is not relevant and age is again something we made up. What is "age" but something that gives us again a time frame in it all.

I lost my Dad when I was 25 and I had no contact from him til I had my first Son make contacts with him, when he was 2 years of age. The only picture I could find of him was a small black and white one of me, Dad and my infant brother when I was about 2 years of age, getting our first dog. I used this picture to identify with my Son whom was in his room at night....whom was keeping him from wanting to sleep in his room.

What my Son shared with me stunned me....as I missed it with my own child. That Spirit contact, my Son told me that he brought a small "brown" dog with him, that had short hair and skinny legs on a heavier body. The dog was Chiwawa / Corgey. Then my Son went on to talk about a round dog that had teeth that stuck out, a long haired cat that "got you wet" when you pat it....and a small black dog with hair like "wire".

This spanned years in time yet my Dad still looked like he did in the photo. Not as he would have looked at his time of passing.

I so feel that we show what and whom we feel means the most to the one we are there to see in the living. He might have wondered whom was sleeping in his bed, maybe he liked that idea of his room being used by someone.

Lynn