Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 27-08-2012, 04:11 AM
stoic

learning to love a season you really dislike

im not looking forward to winter at all. i never really have. these past couple winters have been really cold and irritating.

im going to be starting college in the fall, walking around campus, working alot beside a constantly opening and air flowing drive through window, having to take time to warm my car if im lucky enough to have one, or walking to and from places if im not. so nows the first time ive really had to embrace the winter.

im trying to appreciate all seasons. to start with appreciating winter i think of the symbolism behind it and think of it as a time for old habits to die and make way for rebirth. snow is a nice thing to look forward to, if its not icy and slushy like the past couple years.

sigh.. have you guys tried to embrace a season you hated? how can i appreciate the winter? it seems to drag on and on, while the seasons i like that are comfortable fly by.
Old 16-09-2012, 05:20 AM
primrose

Hi Alyssabugx3, It just seems that winter drags on and the weather you like fly by, I hate hot weather, I will never appreciate it. At least in winter you can dress warm. There is something refreshing about cold air. Sorry I'm no help. Good luck with College.
Old 16-09-2012, 10:06 PM
sesheta

Good luck with that one! I have always hated fall & winter and always will! My boyfriend calls my Iggy - short for Iguana - happiest basking on a rock in the sun The hotter & more humid the summer is, the happier I am....the colder and more snowy the winter is, the more miserable I am! I have long since given up trying to change it....I'm turning 40 this year - I don't think I'm going to change my mind
Old 17-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Master
All seasons have something to offer for me. My favorites are spring with the rebirth and renewel, the baby greens, the blossoms. I love fall with the crispness in the air, the beautiful colors of the leaves, the smell of fall.

Summer is not my favorite, but I like it still because leaves are full out, the wind blows through them and I like the sound. (but I like the sound of wind through leave-less trees as well in the winter..) I like the sun up early and longer daylight. Don't appreciate the extreme heat though at times.

But it's all a cycle and so I really appreciate it and love that I live in an area where I get to experience it all. I love winter when everything seems to go dormat, lots of plant life, but it's not really, at least underground. I love the snow blanketing everything and the quiet, peaceful serenity it brings. I even love the snowstorms that come and i hole up in my warm house. Each season brings about thoughts, feelings, foods, things to look forward to.
Old 18-09-2012, 05:58 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssabugx3
im not looking forward to winter at all. i never really have. these past couple winters have been really cold and irritating.

im going to be starting college in the fall, walking around campus, working alot beside a constantly opening and air flowing drive through window, having to take time to warm my car if im lucky enough to have one, or walking to and from places if im not. so nows the first time ive really had to embrace the winter.

im trying to appreciate all seasons. to start with appreciating winter i think of the symbolism behind it and think of it as a time for old habits to die and make way for rebirth. snow is a nice thing to look forward to, if its not icy and slushy like the past couple years.

sigh.. have you guys tried to embrace a season you hated? how can i appreciate the winter? it seems to drag on and on, while the seasons i like that are comfortable fly by.

I moved from Washington State where it is constantly misting or raining for eight month out of the year. Now I went to the other extreme, the desert in California. I love the weather here, it has rained maybe six or seven days over the course of a year! Blue sky and sunshine! I love this place!
Old 20-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Zen Knightly

I appreciate your zeal Alyssabug. Winter for me represents Christmas. I have a lot of fond memories. When Christmas is over I find it gets long but I look forward to my yearly trip down south. I scrimp and save all year long to travel once a year and its worth every penny.

Good luck to you. I'll have a special thought for you this winter.
Old 20-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Sungirl

Hi Alyssa

I have Seasonal Affective Disorder so I utterly hate the winter so if you have any hints I'm all ears :)
Old 30-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Deactivated Account
Same here. I've never liked winter, I'm definitely a summer girl. But I've made a vow to appreciate all seasons from now on as they go so quickly. I don't want to wish the time away. I'm trying to value the crisp cold air, the frosty grass, the crunchy snow, the dark cosy evenings and the warmth of the extra duvet. Summer will come around again soon enough. Winter helps us draw within and reflect.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Same here. I've never liked winter, I'm definitely a summer girl. But I've made a vow to appreciate all seasons from now on as they go so quickly. I don't want to wish the time away. I'm trying to value the crisp cold air, the frosty grass, the crunchy snow, the dark cosy evenings and the warmth of the extra duvet. Summer will come around again soon enough. Winter helps us draw within and reflect.

That's such an important point I think - I have spent too much time wishing my life away. Thanks for the reminder.

But, I have a week in the sun booked over Christmas - 7 weeks away. Or so. I've gone away in winter and am lucky enough to be able to do so - and the winter sun is just amazing.

I do like the idea of moving house to somewhere that is sunny all year round but whilst I do'nt like the cold, there is something amazing about snuggling indoors and winter stews.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Knower

Oh my god, can't believe you started a specific thread about this, can SO relate to this! I'm not a winter-person as well and you know what personally i believe: even when trying to appreciate all seasons but when you don't truly enjoy something you can't force that feeling into something else, sometimes not even with you're own thought-projection, simply because the feeling gets the overhand.

I am thinking about moving to a warmer country some day, in the summer i just notice i'm feeling so much more joyous (and i know it's a state within that you regardless have to built in yourself no matter external circumstances) but the beautiful sunshine, the music events and spontaneous people make life so much more fun than cold, snow, rain, slippery and wet weather.