Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 19-04-2018, 01:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Strange Aura Mirror Experience

Hi new user here, I had a strange experience trying to see my aura. I'm not sure what to make of this, any thoughts are appreciated!

I stood in front of a mirror in an attempt to see my own aura. I tried to enter a slightly meditative state and asked for protection. I stared first at my forehead then moved sometimes to my hair or sometimes above my head or to the side. After a while I saw a white glow around me maybe an inch thick I was happy to see that but I kept pushing to see more. It would disappear and then come back.

After a while my face started to distort, and shift around. My eyes changed somehow and appeared to be floating around. My skin got much darker. My left shoulder kept moving up in rhythm but I was not moving my shoulder. For a few moments other faces would seem to appear. A black woman with like dreadlocks or some different hair, a bearded man with slanted eyebrows. I started to get very strange feelings from this because I no longer identified as myself. I looked away and wondered what the heck is going on.

I kept fear away and asked for love and protection to stay strong and kept trying again. I went past the faces and I turned completely black and no longer saw any white glow around me. I was completely void. As if I didn't even exist. I blinked and looked away just to make sure I was still a person. Happy that I was still a person, I tried again tried to hold the blackness. First my body only disappeared. I could still see the surroundings, but then everything was black. I tried not to think but mentally explore what was going on. It didn't feel like blackness, it felt like a void. Somewhere I could explore, but was detached from everything. I started to feel disassociated from reality. My forehead or brain was starting to hurt. I wasn't sure how I felt. Fear came up, detachment, curiosity. Lots of questions, like. Is the void reality? Does everything else pop out of it? Or do I not even exist? Is it completely my imagination? Is it a fear of not existing? Although I didn't allow fear to have any hold. Obviously I do exist, but what am I? Am I the faces or the void or neither? Why did I disappear? Why did my body and eyes move around when I was not moving in reality?

I was frustrated that I didn't see any colors at all, which was my original intention. But happy that when I looked away and back I was still me and still had a white glow around me. It took me for a trip I was not expecting at all.
Old 20-04-2018, 12:25 AM
Knower
The white glow that you saw was the aura that is emanated from the physical body; it is the first of several auric layers. As for the faces you saw, these were most likely psychic impressions of past incarnations.
Old 20-04-2018, 05:26 AM
Newbie ;)

The most disturbing thing was seeing into this void and not identifying as anything. I was clear minded with positive intentions. Why would I completely disappear?
Old 20-04-2018, 01:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrump
The most disturbing thing was seeing into this void and not identifying as anything. I was clear minded with positive intentions. Why would I completely disappear?

Your psychic senses moved beyond your present identity to a time when you were as formless and timeless as the cosmos; it then moved further backward to various past incarnations. I’ve had some success with this using a scrying bowl as opposed to a mirror.
Old 21-04-2018, 03:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Oh cool that makes some sense, because I didn't feel as if I was seeing my aura. I might sound dumb, but what is your goal when using a scrying bowl?
Old 24-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Newbie ;)

When I was a child, I used to do this. Nobody taught me. I just started doing it. I used to look at myself in the mirror in the dark and after a few seconds, I would see a white light around me that would be bright enough to see myself, even though it was dark. Very strange. Then I would become a different person. I then read that this was a way of seeing past lives.