Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Old 17-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hey Dar. I have a question -- about the foam roller? Where do you find the kind that you use for your knee? Might come in handy for my back, hips, and other parts. I have been using a fist-sized superball I found at Toys R Us for accupressure work on my spine where I lay on the floor and position it underneath the area that needs it. Works quite nicely, too.
I don't remember just where , but maybe Amazon. It's hard to work knees, I'll tell ya !. I use my fisted knuckles when it gets bad, along the side, and fingers, and a lot of elbow grease . The roller is good for legs , hips, butt, parts of the back .

Okay, here...it's a 'Triggerpoint performance ' roller , and the label says www.tptherapy.com . It's about 13" long , tubular fiberglass , 5" diameter, with a black rubber pad covering , that has different kinds of grooves. Not a cheapo unit, maybe $40 or something . I like the ball idea; sounds good for spot work on the low back !

Ha! , the label doesn't really say what the post says it says ! tptherapy.com is the place to go , or follow the SF link
Old 21-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Seeker
The other day I read that everyone should go for massages because it's good for your self-esteem and self-worth. To be touched so closely by someone else and not in dark lighting, or not hiding any of you, is good for the soul. I like that idea because it's so true. I don't think I've ever felt so exposed, but now I feel much more comfortable and at peace when fetting a massage.

I started going for massages about two years ago. I injured my back a few years ago and after going through so many hours of physio and having pain go away, come back, go away, come back, I finally went for massage. And I was so glad I did. I go for only the deepest tissue massages. It helps my body to feel whole again. If I could afford it, I'd go every week! I find places that offer cheaper massages are not as deep and therapeutic as paying a good amount for them.
Old 15-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator
I agree. It's nice to treat yourself to a professional massage sometimes, especially if you use your body a lot (or even if you don't!) muscles can get very knotted-up. Trapped emotions can be stored in these tightened areas, and sometimes a massage can release them, so that's always a small side-effect to be accepting and understanding about.

I haven't had a massage for ages. But I did quite a few sessions with a chiropractor last year for bad lower back and sciatica. There was no real 'massage' involved, but somehow it helped, and part of the helping/healing effect was that my instincts felt that someone cared about my physical pain, and was soothing me....
Old 15-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalspark
The other day I read that everyone should go for massages because it's good for your self-esteem and self-worth. To be touched so closely by someone else and not in dark lighting, or not hiding any of you, is good for the soul. I like that idea because it's so true. I don't think I've ever felt so exposed, but now I feel much more comfortable and at peace when fetting a massage.

I started going for massages about two years ago. I injured my back a few years ago and after going through so many hours of physio and having pain go away, come back, go away, come back, I finally went for massage. And I was so glad I did. I go for only the deepest tissue massages. It helps my body to feel whole again. If I could afford it, I'd go every week! I find places that offer cheaper massages are not as deep and therapeutic as paying a good amount for them.

Yep, although where I go, they keep the lighting low, but it can be adjusted to how you want - plus they light candles if you want, and have soothing music piped in throughout the offices (it's a chiropractor's place).

Btw, thanks DAR for the info.

Old 19-02-2014, 02:32 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Yep, although where I go, they keep the lighting low, but it can be adjusted to how you want - plus they light candles if you want, and have soothing music piped in throughout the offices (it's a chiropractor's place).
That sounds so nice! Sometimes at the place I go they have nice music but it would be nice if they dimmed the lights and had candles. The way their office is set up is that there is skylights everywhere so I imagine it would be ideal to go at night when it's dark to have more of an experience.
Old 27-01-2015, 02:42 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Vocational, mmmm, I never heard that name before, no I studied Naturopathy, for five years.

Hello...I know you.

As for massage...I LOVE GETTING THEM REGULARLY. Yes, I meant to shout that. I just feel so great from a deep tissue massage once weekly, it's done wonders for me. Finding a valuable MT is worth gold.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:29 AM
Experiencer
I had a massage on Friday it was ammmmazing, as always. Love my MT!! It truly is not a luxury, I find it to be a necessity...I feel and sleep better, I work out a lot so it helps with my overall health and wellness goals. I highly recommend finding a quality MT, and trying to go at least once per month :)