It is in Hadith - Narrated by Ummul Momineen Aisha (Rdhiallahu ta'ala Anha) - "I used to play with dolls in the presence of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam) and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam) used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet ( Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam) would call them to join and play with me. (Bukhari).
(2) It is in Hadith - Narrated by Ummul Momineen Aisha (Radhiallahu Ta'ala Anha) "When the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam) arrived after the expedition of Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the drought raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her. He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam) laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth. (Abu Dawud).
From above Ahadith, we can draw the following conclusions.
(1) Pictures drawn, taken or even making shapes of human beings or animals is allowed in Islam provided they are made for some good purpose; even as play things for children.
(2) Pictures can be drawn in text books / drawing books / black boards, etc., to explain various subjects to students.
(3) Pictures can be drawn / taken for scientific and technological research and education at Colleges, Universities and laboratories.
(4) Human / Animal models can be made for scientific research and education.
(5) Medical fraternity can work on dead bodies of humans and animals for their education and research. They can record their findings by way of pictures.
(6) Pictures can be taken and used for Passports / I-Cards / Driver licenses / social security and a host of other requirements.
(7) Pictures of Islamic scholars / Shuyooks can be drawn / printed in books for identification.
(Cool Islamic scholars / Shuyooks can appear on TVs, Internet and Videophones to explain Islamic issues to people.
(9) Pictures of family members can be drawn / taken with the help of a Camera. Since these pictures are used as a remembrance for the following generations,
Why did Allah created us?
رجل بريطاني يعتنق الإسلام ويترك رسالة جميلة