Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 13-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Knower
getting more chi

the more chi the better ?

is there a limit to how much chi you can get ?

why in some qigong excercise in a class i went to the instructor told to breath in chi from the surroundings to hands than release the chi on the out breath -- if you want to get as much chi as possible ?

what are some good ways to get chi except tai chi and qigong exercises ?
Old 14-06-2018, 02:05 AM
Master
When you are asked to breath in one way an out the other way, this are just ways to exercises, ways to move chi around in your body.
Hopefully you will get to refine the energies at some point. Depending what you like to achieve in the long run.
Whether it will be strengthening your body, or healing, or overcoming reincarnation, by building an energy body, and leave this plain, at some point with. And you need a lot of refined energy for that part.
But one step at the time.
Old 14-06-2018, 07:16 AM
Knower
its not that you bring inside the body more chi ? cause that what teachers say
Old 14-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
its not that you bring inside the body more chi ? cause that what teachers say

Within the human body there is the qi that we’re born with, called Yuan qi or ancestral qi. The qi that we absorb during our lives from food, water, air and qigong practice is called Hou tain qi or post-natal qi.

Chi is everywhere, what your teacher probably means is you can bring/cultivate more and store it in your Dantians, like you are topping it up....
Old 14-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Master
If you pull in cool earth energy through your feet and circle it in the body, then store it in the dan tien, do you gain energy?
Create a chi ball, shoot it our through the top of your head, focus on the big dipper or other star system, see your energy ball grow, bring it back into the body, and than tell me if the energy ball has gained energy.
Don't do this unless you have opened all energy routes, specially the thrusting channels.
Old 14-06-2018, 01:38 PM
Knower
I have no idea im just a begginer i just feel tingling sensation in the hands thats it

so what is the answer it doesnt grow ?
Old 14-06-2018, 01:43 PM
Knower
there is for example making an energy ball in front of the dantian than pushing that energy into the dantian so that dosnt bring more energy to the dantian ?

also there is a talk about food that boosts chi , or practices to strengthen the chi and increase it .... so is it just a matter of circulation of chi or also to increase its amount ?

and if so than why in qigong the instructor said to breath the chi out on the outbreath outside the hands ?
Old 14-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Master
I don't want to say to much and specially not contradict your instructor.
As well, I don't know what the end aim is of your practices.
Teachers, masters will not give you all their knowledge from day one, but rather drop by drop as you progress.

Mantak Chia might be an exception.

As you said you are a beginner, in the beginning you learn to feel energy flow, for me it was moving energy in the microcosmic orbit.

I can tell you, you can pull in energies from almost anywhere, and what you do with it is up to your abilities. Having said this, in the beginning it is important to either move it out or store it safely in the dan tien.
Old 14-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Knower
I practice for a long time buddhist meditation my goal there is enlihtemnet - just recently changed teacher to one that emphasis the gathering of energy which he said is chi/qi

thats why i really have a big intrest in it - but i also have a small one to help with my health probelms as qigong/tai chi as a form of exercise

i dont have a teacher about chi - so you dont contradict a steady teacher

i go free once a week to qigong in the park and there i heared the breath in breath out - also i was recently in 4 lessons in 3 different teachers one of qigong and 2 of tai chi - based on teachers etc i would probably do tai chi class but they dont go to much into spiritual stuff there and once a week qigong in the park but its not like a lesson but like the instructor there said for "fun"

my main thing at the moment i guess is to gather chi cause when you have more of it you can do more stuff like chours around the house etc = motivation thats what my buddhist teacher says and it seems true

so the whole breathing out chi from the hand confuses me and im trying to understand what is the deal with breathing out and pushing the chi out (as the qigong instructor in the park says in class) if we are trying to increase it
Old 14-06-2018, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
I practice for a long time buddhist meditation my goal there is enlihtemnet - just recently changed teacher to one that emphasis the gathering of energy which he said is chi/qi

thats why i really have a big intrest in it - but i also have a small one to help with my health probelms as qigong/tai chi as a form of exercise

i dont have a teacher about chi - so you dont contradict a steady teacher

i go free once a week to qigong in the park and there i heared the breath in breath out - also i was recently in 4 lessons in 3 different teachers one of qigong and 2 of tai chi - based on teachers etc i would probably do tai chi class but they dont go to much into spiritual stuff there and once a week qigong in the park but its not like a lesson but like the instructor there said for "fun"

my main thing at the moment i guess is to gather chi cause when you have more of it you can do more stuff like chours around the house etc = motivation thats what my buddhist teacher says and it seems true

so the whole breathing out chi from the hand confuses me and im trying to understand what is the deal with breathing out and pushing the chi out (as the qigong instructor in the park says in class) if we are trying to increase it

I think you are getting confused, you pull in chi from the universe and push it out back into the universe that doesn't weaken your personal chi....