Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 05-08-2011, 02:29 PM
mava

Tea Leaves

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if any of you have ever tried to do readings with tea leaves. A long time ago, my grandmother vaguely mentioned that someone in our family (as in HER grandmother or aunt or something) used to do this. I kind of forgot about this for a while and never really looked into it, but I figured I'd post a thread about it. Seems rather interesting to me. I'm going to ask her more about it next time I see her.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Docha

Its a form of scrying.

You look to see the shapes that form and use the symbolism to piece together the message. It would be close to dream interpritation.

Example: a shape of an airplane may indicate travel by air or alternately a journey of the mind. Depending on the question of the seeker it can help clarify situations or predict what's to come.

Its actually simple and fun, I've done it with my kids before.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:22 AM
mava

Ohh okay, I see. Cool, thanks for the info!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 AM
thehermit

I tried it but I dont think it went too well for me. It took me a couple of tries but I got it. It was kind of accurate (and a few things came out super clear) but it just depends on if you have an eye for sysmbols and intutive knowledge of them...otherwise it'll be kind of hard. At least thats my exprience.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Deactivated Account

I have always thought this was an interesting idea, but I never tried it. I would like someone to give me a tea leaves reading sometime, just have to find the person !

I have also heard people do readings with coffee grounds too.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 06-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Docha

You can scry with anything. My favorite suggestion is to start with cloud watching...

The clouds often talk to us! Its also the one thing almost everyone can relate to. As most have done it as children, just didn't think to apply it to the day or week. :)
Old 07-08-2011, 12:38 AM
mava

Yea, I did some more research on it, and apparently it's called Tasseography, and they do mention using coffee grounds also.

I'd also like to find someone who does this or someone who'd be willing to try. I might try it myself just to see!

The cloud watching thing is actually a good idea! Most of the time I'm in such a rush that I forget to just look up and see if there are any interesting shapes!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Master
Hmm will do more research. I love tea. I have about 15 carietys of tea I have.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:50 AM
mava

Mmmm, me too. I've never made tea with loose leaves before though, which is how you read the leaves.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:43 PM
stoic

i tried reading coffee grounds for the first time not too long ago. my results made sense, it was pretty cool